KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (328): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can move and attack, just as you did in the first round. It's already too late if you lose initiative, of course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 05:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Well, better to plan to try to recover, than to just give up the situation.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 05:59 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I don't mind engage some place else. Perhaps we can get the guards to slowly retreaT?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 07:47 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Grr. Can I tap Eye of the Storm retroactively and swap it out for Balanced Guard?

We need to just get to the Guards.

"Support the right flank!" Xeth shouts to the guards at the tomb entrance. Ducking some shots coming his way, Xeth races to help the Guards on the right flank. He moves in close and fires at a pair of the pirates with Carnival of Carnage, hopefully getting close enough to use the bonus dice from Close Quarters Gunman.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 08:40 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Take your Padawan with you, Andro!

Vera swaps Orthodox for Balanced Guard

"With me, Essallin," Ver-Kin says to the Padawan. The rocketman poses the greatest threat and the rockets are the most destructive thing here, so she goes after the Rocketman A with Essallin, wanting to run him through quickly.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 09:48 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes you can, though that would leave you defenceless for the coming round.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 09:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

We are going to clearly win this battle. What we need to
do is rather make sure atleast some Agalanians survive.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 09:59 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will take one space action this turn as things are starting to heat up...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 10:16 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

So with Xeth going to right flank, should I still move there too or not?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 10:33 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Scratch that tap then. This turn, Xeth will tap Carnival of Carnage against four pirates he has moved into close combat with. If the Leader hits Xeth again, he will tap Eye of the Storm.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 10:35 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher misses his second man, perhaps still wrestling with some inner demon while watching D'an lay into a pirate with his lightsaber.

"Go help Vlad!" Gallagher yelps to Andro and Argo. "We can handle this."

Gallagher decides to give Rocketman C some problems. Throwing out a hand, Gallagher initiates a Combat Push to knock the Rocketman down, then goes after him with his lightsaber. He tells D'an to keep after the pirates.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 10:47 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Forward Guard/Cleave/Perfect Strike. Right Flank. I'll go for two regular pirates, unless I can get directly to the Group Leaders. Tap Cleave, to build up that awesome shield, swap in Riposte next round. I agree it doesn't appear at this point that we are in much danger. Should we shout a strong suggestion to the Agalanians to regroup as well? Get all their survivors to the Tomb Entrance and have them blast at the big bad group maybe? Cross our fingers for Initiative, or it's all moot.)
Andro hurriedly scans the battlefield at Gallagher's words. Yes, Vlad is in trouble. "Argo, with me! We're needed elsewhere!"

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 11:57 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Ok, I'll take the right flank then with cleave & orthodox guard.

Question to the other players: I have Bombard as Force Point, perhaps I should take use of it this turn? Or save it for later?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:01 AM
Brit
Duchess

I would save it for now. They need help clearing out pirates over there. Bombard only hits one target.

Jelena will boldly take two events again. However, she is going to fly to Wentar's aid, reasoning that if they bump off one group of fighters first they can quickly disable that freighter and then team up against another.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:43 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

ok I won't use it

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 11:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you are in luck today, as you got initiative back. Good job luck has gone your way, as you've made a co-ordination error. You ALL went right, by design or accident, and just to put the icing on that, Xeth has made sure the guards at the tomb are ignoring the left as well. These leaves Vlad in a tight spot and obviously the remaining guard there are doomed. I think you need to pay closer attention to the actions of others when planning your moves- or you need an authoratative voice to co-ordinate you.

Rushing forward from his shattered cover, Vlad leaps over the pirates' cover and activates a Twirl! Do please remember to specify targets, though.

We roll half of Vlad's pool- 5 dice- and he scores a kill for each success rolled. He gets three kills, and a bonus one from Cleave!

Vera and Essalin are going for their rocketman. Vera rolls three successes for nine damage, and then Essalin gets the kill with another eight!

Xeth dashes over to the right, blasting away at Guards. I can give him his bonus on two up close; he kills three.

Gallagher knocks down his rocketman with a Combat Push, giving him a two dice bonus on his attack He then hits the rocketman for 11 damage, whilst D'an kills a pirate.

Just a reminder- telling me what you are swapping in later doesn't help much, unless you are leaving a string of pre-planned moves as you cannot guarantee being on to post. The only schtick changes I look at are those given at the start of your move.

Andro goes right- confusdd by the smoke and dust of the battle, pehraps, as it is indeed getting pretty hard to see now. He and Argo hack down three purats between them, with Andro gettng himself 9 points of pirate immunity from his Cleave tap. It's probably now that he works out he's gone the wrong way; Vlad is not here.

Jovsan heads over as well- please don't mention your Guard unless you intend to tap it- and kills two more.

(This means most of the guards' fire will be wasted in overkill due to your spectacular mis-organisation.)

Finally, Sunda taps Cleave himself after swapping in Perfect Strike, killing two pirates and getting a 9 point buffer.

-

Now it is them. Vera and Essalin take a few hits, under fire from their pirates. Sunda has five shooters on him, who neatly blow away his protection. Gallagher and Da'an take a combination of blaster and rocket fire, but come out of it ok thanks to their Guard.

As the last of the Agalanians are killed on the left, Vlad finds himself under huge amounts of fire- but is covered by his Guard tap. The coming turn sees him in more trouble.

On ther right, the general pirates are blown to pieces, having been attacked by four more Jedi this turn, and with all the Tomb guard fire directed upon then; they are annihlated. The leaders use the distraction of the slaughter to bugger off out of it to the other side. The big boss does take a shot at Xeth, but Xeth taps Eye of the Storm to counter it.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 4

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x5

Vera (LS11): 1 (2A)/16 [BGu RF CL] [OGu BL] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/23 [OGu] (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x5

Sunda (LS12): 1/16 [PS RF CL] [OGu FGu PS] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x4
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 11

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/8 [BGu CL] (8F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/7 [BGu] (7F)

Left Flank

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/0 [CG MM EE] (3F)

Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC}

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x4
Group A Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x6
Group B Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Vlad (LS9): 1 /11 [CH CL BGu] [ES CC PS] (6F)

Right Flank

Agalanian Guard (G6) x4

Xeth (G8): 1/13 [CG CC ES] [BGU CH PS] (6F)

Jovan (LS10): 3/16 [OGu CL] (8F)

Andro (LS15): 1/4 [FGu CL PS] [OGu/RI] (5F) (9 point Cleave buffer)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/3 [BGu] (5F)

Tomb Entrance

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Oh well, make the best of it.

As there were only three guardsmen left there anyway, that could have been worse. Vlad is now the one in trouble- his defences are down and he's the target of virtually the entire remaining force. He needs to get out of there ASAP- luckily, he does have something that helps...

Good news is, the pirate formation is broken! All targets are now legal for melee attack.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 5th, 2010 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 02:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Let's see how things are up top!

-

Wentar:

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

Here we go... err... again!

Oh heck. You take three rounds to down him this time as your second roll cocked up; he rolls well gets you for seven! That was a nasty bugger you downed there.

Coming to the Rescue

Thrust Test (Level 4). You race across to save a comrade. If you pass, one less Mook is destroyed on your side (reduce hits appropriately).

Passed! Handy in this fight. And now look, Jelena is with you!

-

Jelena

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

Gets you for five, Jelena...

Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Luckily, your Thrust is sitll fine- passed.

-

Roan:

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

A clean kill! Good rolling.

-

1 success each for Wentar/Jelena's wing- which means no kills on either side as Wentar saves a guy! Overall, a definite win for the good guys, and both of you strike the freighter for a toital of 7 damage.

The middle, after Jelena leaves, is a distaster! Three kills for the pirates, none from the Agalanians!

In constrast, this is a great turn for Roan- one success rolled versus 4. Eight successes on his end downs two enemies for the loss of one, and he goes on to hit the freighter for another 3.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 4

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 2

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 7

Hits scored on freighter: 16

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 26

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 33

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 5

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 3

Hits scored on freighter: 5

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 3

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 5

Hits scored on freighter: 12

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 36

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 5th, 2010 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 02:28 PM
Craft
CTE

(Grrr, slaps Wentar. Fly better, Wentar! It's all your good for today.)

"Thanks for the help, Jelena," Wentar calls over. Can't take too many more of those... he thinks frowning at the warning lights flashing on his HUD. "Lets finish this freighter fast before the center buckles."

Two more events, please. Hopefully I don't take any more damage or else I'm going to have to start doing singles.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 03:17 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Really un-Jedi like to run away. How about I swap Dodge and Weave for Balance Guard, tap it, and spring toward the strike leader, swinging my arm to deck him in the face.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 04:23 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Don't risk it Vlad. You have Defensive Leap which might be useful to move over to the others, then you can come back with allies.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 04:28 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote