KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's Newest Event - Fear Itself

Marvel's Newest Event - Fear Itself
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Wow, this could sound better. Hopefully the Fantastic Three will have a nice run next year

Fixed.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 04:49 PM
Utrigita is online now! Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Someone will fit the third spot, it ain't like nobody has died before on that team.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 04:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Someone will fit the third spot, it ain't like nobody has died before on that team.

based on the various interviews and that the comics after fantastic four 587 are titled fantastic three, I'm not so sure...

edit: however I fully acknowledge that it could be a simple trick.

Last edited by Utrigita on Jan 16th, 2011 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 04:59 PM
Utrigita is online now! Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, then I guess they'll be just three forever!

I'll miss Reed.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I'll miss Reed.

Not my point Bentley stick out tongue

I'm merely saying that I don't think the lost member will be replaced almost immidiately like it, iirc, have been the case the other times.

I'll miss Sue.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:04 PM
Deadline

This event will feature Red Skull and that makes it cooler by default.

You sure?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:09 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Deadline
You sure?

About what? The cooler part? Of course cool

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:18 PM
Deadline

About what? The cooler part? Of course cool

Very funny, Red Skull dummie. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:20 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It's on the march solicits, they say the prologue is something related with one of Johann's past misions.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:24 PM
Deadline

It's on the march solicits, they say the prologue is something related with one of Johann's past misions.

This should be pretty good Red Skull is pure evil and up there with Doom.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 05:29 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I'll miss Johnny.
Fix'd.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 01:37 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Fix'd.

Not true, I won't miss that brat

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 10:31 AM
-K-M-

I found this thread looking for some other thread so I'll add my comment here:

This event will feature Red Skull and that makes it cooler by default.

FEAR ITSELF #1 (of 7)
Written by MATT FRACTION
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
Variant Covers by STEVE McNIVEN & STUART IMMONEN
Fantastic Four Anniversary Variant by PAOLO RIVERA
Blank Variant Cover Also Available
DO YOU FEAR...TOMORROW?

In this time of global anxiety, of economic turmoil and mass hysteria, Sin, the new Red Skull, has made an awesome discovery...a shameful secret that will rock the foundations of the Marvel Universe! A revelation that will divide father and son, turn friend against friend, and herald the rise of Fear personified. HE IS RETURNING...and the world has nothing to fear but FEAR ITSELF. Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen bring fans the biggest Marvel the biggest Marvel event since CIVIL WAR!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Looks like his daughter has become the new Red Skrull...

FEAR ITSELF: SIN'S PAST #1
Written by MARK GRUENWALD &JIM McCANN
Penciled by RICH BUCKLER, AL MILGROM & STEFANO LANDINI
Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
The Origin of Sin, daughter of the Red Skull — and some of the quirkiest Cap stories ever told! Captain America, regressed to a 98-pound weakling, vs. a teenage death cult and the Sisters of Sin! Battle Star and the Falcon, together against the Serpent Society! Featuring a special guest-appearance by the voluptuous Sersi! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA #355-356 and material from #357, fully remastered with modern coloring. Plus: an all-new framing sequence by Jim McCann (HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD) and Stefano Landini.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/i...SIN_COV_col.jpg

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 11:05 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

^ Biggest event since Civil War? That doesn't sound good.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 11:07 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Fraction's going to do to the rest of the Marvel Universe what he did to Thor and Uncanny.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:19 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Well it's the best time for Marvel to bring this out. With Thor and Cap on the way with hints that Cap's movie might make reference to some Nazis finding Asgardian relics, it only makes sense to bring out a comic event with the focus on Cap and Thor dealing with a Nazi who finds some ancient Asgardian evil.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:21 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, Sin is in the middle of the story, but the original Red Skull still has something to do with this:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
FEAR ITSELF: PROLOGUE
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils by SCOT EATON
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by Joe Quesada
All the Red Skull's terrible secrets and plans are in the hands of his evil daughter, Sin, who's intent on outdoing her father... Now find out about the Skull's most-dangerous World War II mission, that he risked everything for...and how it's going to tear the Marvel Universe apart today. FEAR ITSELF starts here...in the darkest secrets of the past!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I approve Brubaker on it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:44 AM
basilisk

In addition to Red Skull, part of this is that they will be facing down a resurrected Franklin Delano Roosevelt - who has returned with the powers of the recently deceased CHAOS KING - and he's NOT happy with the decadent state of modern society in the Marvel Universe.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:17 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by basilisk
In addition to Red Skull, part of this is that they will be facing down a resurrected Franklin Delano Roosevelt - who has returned with the powers of the recently deceased CHAOS KING - and he's NOT happy with the decadent state of modern society in the Marvel Universe.

What? Do you really think the Chaos King dies? And then we don't forget about him forever?

I find it hard to believe.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:47 PM
basilisk

What? Do you really think the Chaos King dies? And then we don't forget about him forever?

I find it hard to believe.
The series isn't even over yet I'd already almost forgotten about him. Maybe if we're lucky Herc will retcon-punch him out of continuity in the finale, he will turn back into Mikaboshi, and all the other gods will come back.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:34 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote