KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)

Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't exactly disagree, but I'd like to know exactly how powerful are we allowed to call upon. I mean, if it can't even be above low herald it's something I would like to know...
i had kandy's rules in mind, as a core concept, but we can make edits of coarse

allowing cosmic artifacts though....... fukouttahere

that would open the floodgates, a similar event is happening in avengers canon right now.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 10:36 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

@ Bentley: Can I use an alternate version of a character but use feats from the mainstream if the alternate is stronger?

For example if I used ultimate colossus who is stronger then regular colossus could I use feats from regular colossus?

Pretty much the alternate version is better in every way then the mainstream character I am planning on using so can I use feats from both alternate and mainstream?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 11:43 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

You could use a What If version -for example-, and try to pass the 616 character until the moment their timelines split. But since Ultimate Colossus is an entirely different universe you have to threat it as an entirely different character than mainstream Colossus, hence, you would be limited to feats from the Ultimate Universe.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 07:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

You could use a What If version -for example-, and try to pass the 616 character until the moment their timelines split. But since Ultimate Colossus is an entirely different universe you have to threat it as an entirely different character than mainstream Colossus, hence, you would be limited to feats from the Ultimate Universe.
So even though UC is capable of everything regular is an more I wouldn't be able to use feats from both?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 01:22 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Black bolt z
So even though UC is capable of everything regular is an more I wouldn't be able to use feats from both?

Exactly. But if you have superior feats than those used by regular Colossus you may as well used those superior feats instead. If you needed a comparision between UC and C, you're better off showing the comparision itself, instead of pretending they are the same characters and can share feats.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 01:27 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that's pretty much what i told him in pm's

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 08:05 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Exactly. But if you have superior feats than those used by regular Colossus you may as well used those superior feats instead. If you needed a comparision between UC and C, you're better off showing the comparision itself, instead of pretending they are the same characters and can share feats.
The only reason I was asking is the alternate version has next to no feats.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 09:46 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

The alternate version I am trying to use doesn't even have a defined powerset. Thats why I want to sue feats from the mainstream. Not to have extra feats but because the alternate version really only has 1 or 2 feats to speak of.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 10:20 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The alternate version I am trying to use doesn't even have a defined powerset. Thats why I want to sue feats from the mainstream. Not to have extra feats but because the alternate version really only has 1 or 2 feats to speak of.

If your version has less than five showings it's illegal, did you know that? big grin

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 10:23 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

ain't it less than 8-10?

wait a sec...why is mr. cosmic artifact pushing common rules?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 10:30 PM
Bentley
Seitei

So, if I prep in hell, is hell a cosmic artifact?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 10:37 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

yeah, well, you can definitely make a case that it is considering how many demons get an amp just by being there

i mean, the cogliostro example you brought up was kinda obvious, someone should have said something.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 12:43 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

If your version has less than five showings it's illegal, did you know that? big grin
Just gonna say it.

I'm trying to use the Alternate X universe version of Jamie Madrox(the one that wendigo took over).

I don't think the Alternate X has that many feats so just hoping. Althought it is the same character just an alternate version.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 12:47 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

not really sure why it was a secret, all of our characters have been openly posted, and in the op of this thread i asked you to post your choices

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 12:50 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by psycho gundam
not really sure why it was a secret, all of our characters have been openly posted, and in the op of this thread i asked you to post your choices
I didn't post my team because at the time you made the thread i didn't know what I wanted my team to be. Thats why I wanted that question answered. If it was I would have gotten to use feats from regular Jamie as his are actually specific as to how fast he multiplies, his strength, etc. I just wanted a refernce point.

The characters I have been planning on using are

Ultron
Absorbing man
Jamie Madrox.

Last edited by Black bolt z on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 12:55 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by psycho gundam
yeah, well, you can definitely make a case that it is considering how many demons get an amp just by being there

i mean, the cogliostro example you brought up was kinda obvious, someone should have said something.

So maybe we should prep in a damn box given that every place I may prep into is a "cosmic artifact"

Just gonna say it.

I'm trying to use the Alternate X universe version of Jamie Madrox(the one that wendigo took over).

I don't think the Alternate X has that many feats so just hoping. Althought it is the same character just an alternate version.

Well, you can always use estimations using the mainstream character, as I said, at worst you'll get attacked by the number of copies you did and we may do that one way or another big grin

Oh, so you were chosing AM, well, I guess that's off then shifty

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 06:09 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

So maybe we should prep in a damn box given that every place I may prep into is a "cosmic artifact"

Well, you can always use estimations using the mainstream character, as I said, at worst you'll get attacked by the number of copies you did and we may do that one way or another big grin

Oh, so you were chosing AM, well, I guess that's off then shifty
That exactly what I was trying to do, estimations. Because this version of Madrox is stronger and can multiply more but how fast he can multiply and how strong his base is I would need to use the mainstream for.

Also if I almagam can I choose what traits the person keeps and what traits they lose?

Like if I 'gammed colossus and reed could I still have genius intellect and be stretchy and super strength?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 01:17 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Yes, you would, you don't actually get to chose what you keep, you have everything at once. For me it only poses problems with characters with really different natures (mechanic/organic, physical/etereal, etc.), otherwise your estimation would be spot on.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 01:47 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Yes, you would, you don't actually get to chose what you keep, you have everything at once. For me it only poses problems with characters with really different natures (mechanic/organic, physical/etereal, etc.), otherwise your estimation would be spot on.
So even if they have vastly different strength levels I would use the one with the higher strength?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 10:36 PM
Bentley
Seitei

So even if they have vastly different strength levels I would use the one with the higher strength?

Yep, if they have enhanced status and their abilities don't overlap you would actually get an extra boost from one strength to the other -example: I draft Luke Cage and Steve Rogers, Cage would have his status but as if he was a super soldier and not a normal human-.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 10:38 PM