KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion

Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion
Started by: Jedireaper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Unless the guns have been made to work specifically with the suits (something this team has NOT been issued with), I am going to say no. But it all depends, I am still toying with the idea of giving us assault rifles, but I'd rather us (as previously mentioned) have to work for it later.

The HUD can highlight targets for you, and track them for a short time while out of sight (few seconds), but aiming is done the good old fashioned way.

Please remember that this is NOT the nano suit from Crysis, it is cutting edge but not stupidly so. No MAXIMUM ARMOUR mode. If you are hurt the suit can administer some medical treatment to keep you alive and going, or kill the pain until the Medic or a medically trained sqaud member comes along. These suits can withstand an indirect nuclear blast even damaged, but they aren't going to last forever. They should last the run of the game at any rate, scratched, dented, torn, and with a dead battery (can be charged manually and by other methods).

We will find out stuff as we invent it in the story if that makes sense, if we set things with the technology too far ahead then we could end up cornering ourselved, because we said it couldn't do something.

In terms of an ammo counter, it may possibly eventually show a percentage of guessed ammo, remaining after using the gun for some time and having reloaded it several times. Not accurate however. And if possible, we are mostly all soldiers, the ammo counter would be an aid, and something most of us won't use or need. We'd be better able to guess remaining ammo, than the suit.

And radar would be really inneffective.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:50 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Why would a radar be ineffective?

Ammo I can understand. Ignore that one.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 12:04 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

Welcome to the H.E.V mark IV protective system, for use in hazardous environments conditions.
High impact reactive armor activated
Atmospheric contaminant sensors activated
Vital signs monitoring activated
Automatic medical systems engaged
Defensive weapon selection system activated
Munition level monitoring online
Communication interface online
Have a very safe day!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 01:51 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I... freaking... love, that set up. Everything there is perfect for us.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 07:07 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

My question now, is how Alea will receive her medical treatment. Will we have to manually open the suit each time, or can there be some method of injection through a slot or something?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 07:48 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

We can only last about 3 hours on our suits oxygen alone, right? So I assume that it would be in one of those safe areas where their oxygen is cleansed and restored.

Estimated Assumption of how it will go...
Rek will stop the team for a little to perhaps rest and check supplies. During that downtime, the doc would have Alea remove her helmet so he can inject her. I imagine people will take off their helmets occasionally when not in a hazardous area. Recycled oxygen vented isn't as nice as natural oxygen.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 07:55 PM
Unbias3d
Paradox

Actually, I doubt finding clean oxygen will be a significant issue.

I don't think we ever really used the internal oxygen tank in the old role plays. I could be mistaken though.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:29 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

The suits can filter most bio-hazards from the air. Rek used the internal tank on and off over the course of three games, mostly in the first or second (I forget).

Remember the suits are designed for long term use, there will be no need to take off the helmet to receive an injection unless the suits own medical interface is broken. Oddly enough Alea's suit will have a small supply of her medication that the suit will administer upon it's preprogrammed parameters. Chris can override that.

Sometimes real air as opposed to filtered air after being stuck in the suit for hours is preferable, and while the suit can administer stim shots, and nutrient shots we will need to eat real food and allow the suits a break eventually.

If you suffer from claustrophobia, there are ways to combat it, but eventually you will want OUT!

Radar is a little power hungry and would be rather bulky, but it has a range of visions such as night, infrared, heat, sound (yes sound vision- displays an environment based on sounds made and detected, may not show walls, but may give you an idea of how far away things are, just made this up so it is up to you guys).

I was thinking about where to take the story and what to do within, so any suggestions are welcome big grin

Will be posting soon. So last chance to get you posts in for those absent.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 28th, 2012 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:50 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Unbias3d
Welcome to the H.E.V mark IV protective system, for use in hazardous environments conditions.
High impact reactive armor activated
Atmospheric contaminant sensors activated
Vital signs monitoring activated
Automatic medical systems engaged
Defensive weapon selection system activated
Munition level monitoring online
Communication interface online
Have a very safe day!
Something like that, what does H.E.V stand for?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 09:14 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Given Objectives:

1. Enter the facility via freight transfer.

2. Assess bio-hazard through-out and establish communications.
2A. Quarantine any personnel.
2B. Contain Bio-Hazard.
2C. Destroy all non-mission critical infected material.
2D. Establish local connection with op-sat.

3. Gain access to research labs.
3A. Recover biological samples.
3B. Acquire research footage of specimen 1138.
3C. Locate and download research logs.

4. Gain access to secured offices.
4A. Recover any data accessible server.
4B. Recover personnel list.
4C. Gain access to protected file on specimen 1138.

5. Gain access to secured bio containment and storage level.
5A. Descend to secured floor.
5B. Gain entry through security door.
5C. Assess containment breach.
5D. Locate Server room, and uplink data to external source.

6. Enter and secure the vault.
6A. Locate project 1138.
6B. Prepare specimen vault for transport.
6C. Uplink vault security footage to op-sat.
6D. Activate vault transfer systems.

7. Follow way-point marker from op-sat to evac point.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 28th, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 11:51 PM
Unbias3d
Paradox

HEV stands for Hazardous Environment, it's the suit from half life

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 01:34 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Alea won't like that in her suit. She'll want it broken.

---

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 08:36 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

She may not like it, but the suit isn't going to tell her about this function, and it will be down to Chris. logically, there is an external medical port that allows the additional injections of stims and such.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 29th, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 02:54 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Hm?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 06:07 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Ignore part of my previous message.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 07:01 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

What part am I supposed to ignore?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 11:56 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

The first sentence.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 12:37 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I will not be waiting any longer. All those who have not reconfirmed their participation will be written out of the story. Your last chance.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 06:02 PM
Unbias3d
Paradox

herp derp

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 09:58 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

This died, didn't it? Dag-nam-it!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 03:39 PM