KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The New 52... Will it last?

The New 52... Will it last?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Oh, look at that catty backhanded insult.

You gonna take that shit Q?

Originally posted by Deadline
I really don't see what the beef with the Usain Bruce Lee comparison is. Seems quite fair to me.

It would be fair if it was at all accurate.

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I thought that Johns "last of son of krypton" and "legion" stories were really good. The whole world of the supermen crossover was handled poorly but action came back with that saga that seemed to follow lex luthor after blackest night unfortunately, it lead into that saga with the multiple doomsdays sick . Wasnt there a doomsday made to kill other doomsdays in that saga?

I don't remember. Johns' stuff was good; I have no complaints about that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 08:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Q99
Hah. That it's consistent with what's been shown between them prior is just coincidence, huh?

I mean, that's pretty much how it's gone in their fights prior to his run, and WW has a better track record against speedsters too.

You're too quick to leap to things being fandom bias.

Explain the backhand blitz in For Tomorrow or the ease with which he stops her attack in League of One then. Better record against speedsters? LOL, not even close. You are welcome to try and compare their record against speedsters though. The biased comment was funny as hell.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 01:25 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by -Pr-

It would be fair if it was at all accurate.

I don't remember. Johns' stuff was good; I have no complaints about that.
found it. sick
(please log in to view the image)

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 01:18 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, that...

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of that arc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 01:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That dialogue. Holy shit. laughing out loud

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 01:48 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

With Convergence on the horizon, I can now officially say: "Called it!"

cool

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You think Convergence will actually undo it? Considering the Darkseid War is coming out afterwards I have my doubts.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No, no. The DCnU will stay intact. I was more referring to DC resurrecting the pre-Flashpoint universes. I saw the potential for that years ago.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 21st, 2015 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

So, three and a half years. Smallest gap yet between continuity shifting events, isn't it?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:42 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The gap between IC and FC was around 3 years as well, iirc.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:46 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Galan007
The gap between IC and FC was around 3 years as well, iirc.

IC had a little continuity change (Jason Todd coming back aaand... I forget what else. I know it introduced time punching but is it sad that I don't remember any effects of it? Definitely smaller than Zero Hour's effects), but I don't think Final Crisis had any at all, I think it's not until Flashpoint that you got a continuity shift.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:53 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:47 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If anything there is only new 52 now. Pre crisis and post crisis eras are forever gone and the new multiverse is just an evolved version of previous earths.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Q99
IC had a little continuity change (Jason Todd coming back aaand... I forget what else. I know it introduced time punching but is it sad that I don't remember any effects of it? Definitely smaller than Zero Hour's effects), but I don't think Final Crisis had any at all, I think it's not until Flashpoint that you got a continuity shift.
Did Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis even happen now?

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

^ No. Well actually, with Convergence maybe, but I didn't read into that at all. But for the New 52 universe only those didn't happen.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:03 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
According to JL #40(which I *thought* was set post-Convergence), ALL of DC's major events still happened.

And according to Brainiac himself, the actions of SBP(during IC) and Mr. Mind(during 52) are what helped transform him into the Godlike entity he was during Convergence:
http://i.imgur.com/7PormZW.jpg
So essentially, without their 'help' he wouldn't have evolved to his current state/power/intellect, and as such, likely wouldn't have been able to set forth the events which undid COIE.

Paradox.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 27th, 2015 at 07:26 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:16 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

From my understanding, yes and no. For some universes (the 52), the events played out like they did. But for others, CoIE did not happen and so they are existing in a pre-crisis state.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 02:22 AM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Nice to see Superman doing the impossible again! Here is a interview with Dan Jurgens and Peter J. Tomasi, done by Comics Alliance.

http://comicsalliance.com/superman-...sive-interview/

The Word

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 07:04 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 02:52 AM