KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arrow

Arrow
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I keep wishing I was watching further into Farscape or Buffy, so this season hasn't kept my interest at all.

But that's kind of true of all the tv hero shows. There's bits here and I here to like, but by and large it's comparing interest levels in old Simpsons to new Simpsons.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Speaking of which I wonder why there hasn't really been a push for Nyssa or Lyla to join Oliver officially on his team. Its unlikely but those two could phase out some of the baggage on his new squad IMO.

Well, Lyla heads up ARGUS, so she has enough on her plate. And the actress who plays Nyssa is doing a couple of other shows as well (such as The Oath), so more screen time is probably going to be affected by schedule conflicts. Pity though. I much prefer Nyssa over any of the B team members we currently have. She will be in at least one episode though.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 04:54 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ricardo Diaz's badassery went up like 110%, though some of his backstory felt kinda forced, but I still liked the episode enough. Felt sorta fresh compared to most of what this season's dished out.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 07:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Evil Laurel is whiny and annoying though.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 12:38 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

How's that make her any different than normal Laurel?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 04:51 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Normal Laurel became mildly less annoying towards the end. This one just makes me want to zone out whenever she appears onscreen.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 05:02 PM
Arachnid1

Somewhat good ending to a terrible season.

Diaz was a let down. He wasn't even Richard Dragon in name only. Good one off villain, but the kind that should be focused on for 4 episodes max. Just another Danny Brickwell. No Prometheus, Deathstroke, Merlyn, or Ra's. There is no way Oliver and co should have struggled with a run of the mill crime lord the way they did. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I hope to god he is taken care of by the midseason finale so next season can focus on someone better. I also hope he takes some time to train and become a more of a threat to Oliver the next time they meet.

On the topic of villains, wtf was up with the Quadrant? Absolutely fking pathetic. There was no reason to even include them in the show if Diaz was just going to kill three of them, take over, and just completely lose them in the space of three episodes. It was ridiculous, like an extremely great value version of the Court of Owls.

Evil Laurel was one of the highlights of the season IMO. She had a good redemption arc, and she's consistently well acted. Thankfully she's been promoted to series regular for next season, along with Roy (thank god Roy is back; He's one of the best characters in the showIMO). The only thing I hated was her forced fear of Diaz. What were the writers thinking? Zoom is a thousand times more terrifying than Diaz. Laurel could have killed him a thousand times over if she wanted.

Also, I always love seeing Lyla when she pops up. Her character might actually be one of my top 3 favorites in the Arrowverse. It's a shame she and Argus are so underutilized. Argus especially though. It's like their balls dropped off when Waller died. Waller used Argus for whatever purpose she wanted unlike Lyla who's always too reluctant to make use of it. For the love of god, throw Waller in the Lazarus pit and make Argus a threat again.

RIP Quentin Lance. No matter how bad this show got, his acting was always on point. It's a shame he was wasted on this season and villain.

PWNT

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:20 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, S6 had the weakest villain lineup out of the show. Wouldn't say it was the worst season though. Still liked it better than the previously worst received seasons, but it's not up there with the best of Arrow either. What can I say, all these superhero shows keep tending to have their ups and downs.

And I don't mind Diaz as a villain, but do agree that certain parts in how they dragged him out felt forced. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The sooner they move on from him the better, but I hope he ends up being more impactful later on and that they make whatever closure for him worth the buildup, for us to still be stuck with him for possibly a whole other season... And then there's those three legendary assassins he hired whom were said to be feared even by the League. That'll lead to something interesting I'm sure.

While I still like Earth 2 Laurel, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I hated her dumb moments this finale. First when she baited Diaz when he clearly wasn't bluffing and was gonna shoot either her or Quentin. Second when she blew away Diaz when Oliver had him cornered... Ugh. Quentin was indeed a loss. RIP

Old Post May 18th, 2018 08:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can’t wait for Arrow to find some contrived way to get out of prison, cry about losing yet another character that will return in another CW crossover/alternate universe, and fight some other gangster crew who wants to take over Star City, ninja cult, or armored/super Serum soldier

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:25 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diaz is just a thug. Nothing interesting about him at all.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

diaz shoulda died

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 19th, 2018 01:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Diaz only got as far as he did because of the resources he got from Cayden James which put the whole city under this thumb when he had cops, politicians, etc under his payroll, and to be fair he showed some promise in his origin/flashback episode, but was a disappointment after that which made me feel silly for starting to hype him up. Had to cheat to beat Oliver in a "fair fight", etc...

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:13 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Lame finale. Diaz sucked. Ended up just being a crazy thug who happens to be difficult to kill. Only thing in the episode I could bother caring about was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quentin, which was a sad loss to the show. The show is coming back for Season 7, IIRC, so nothing else from that finale is permanent.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
While I still like Earth 2 Laurel, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I hated her dumb moments this finale. First when she baited Diaz when he clearly wasn't bluffing and was gonna shoot either her or Quentin. Second when she blew away Diaz when Oliver had him cornered... Ugh. Quentin was indeed a loss. RIP

This. This right here. She literally watched the guy burn someone alive over a childhood grudge. She should have known better.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 05:28 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Diaz was kind of a b***h in the finale, especially the part where he calls Quentin back to tell him he would 'give him another chance.' If I was Quentin I would have laughed down the phone at him and hope some of his guys overheard as well. I like Acevedo too, he played the character quite well but he was pure punk in this finale.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:00 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Batwoman makes her appearance next season
Holy ****
http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/step...sover-batwoman/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 04:48 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just caught up on this. And honestly I really enjoyed the 2nd half of this last season. Best its been since going off the rails half way through S3 IMO.

Much more enjoyable than The Flash this year which save for a couple of episodes had a very boring season.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 03:06 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 09:40 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I always come here to see if the arrow season is worth watching. hasn't been really that great of reactions from you guys, ill probably skip

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 06:50 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Diaz aside, still hope the season has another main antagonist of some kind that makes it worth watching.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:57 AM