KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's no way I'm paying money for this. Either I pirate it, theater hop it or wait for the dvd.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:41 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marvelmadness13
My thoughts exactly. Here are a few "gems" of information from the people involved with this film:

Kate Mara told not to read any F4 comics because it has nothing to do with their storylines:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...-comic-stories/

Michael B. Jordan says they're not superheroes, more like disabled kids:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1871300/mic...reed-interview/

It's going to be found footage:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Fa...Feel-43635.html

The Fantastic Four, the original celebrity heroes, will not be celebrities in this film, and they won't even be called the Fantastic Four:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...n-kinberg-video

Add to these the horrible miscasting of everyone, especially a 12 year old looking Reed Richards and scrawny Ben Grimm, and we have not a faithful adaptation of a beloved comic, nor do we even have a fresh spin on an existing concept. We have a desperate, low budget rights grab to keep Disney from cashing in on what Fox considers their toy, even though they refuse to play with it correctly.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:42 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Michael B. Jordan says they're not superheroes, more like disabled

laughing out loud This made me LOL really hard.

But I do get why they're not calling it Fantastic Four. It's because the previous movies gave them a bad name. So they'll probably leave the name for the sequel.

As for the misplaced actors. They are actually all up and coming talented actors in Hollywood. So that will probably help the movie as your general audience doesn't know how these characters are supposed to be portrayed.

So as a faithful adaptation this will be terrible. But as a sci-Fi movie people will probably give it a chance.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 25th, 2014 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Its likely going to be a good movie. The talent is solid across the board. But they may as well call it chronicle 2 instead of Fantastic four. Its like theyre making the movie while being ashamed or embarrassed of the source material.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:45 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Its likely going to be a good movie. The talent is solid across the board. But they may as well call it chronicle 2 instead of Fantastic four. Its like theyre making the movie while being ashamed or embarrassed of the source material.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

It could be a decent movie. I just hate the fact they will call it "fantastic four" just to keep the rights.

They could name it "Power buds" or whatever and it wouldn't make a difference since it will be so far detached from FF canon and continuity.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:39 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

If The Hangover was renamed Fantastic Four, with Bradley Cooper as Johnny Storm, Zach Galifinakis as Ben Grimm, Justin Bartha as Mister Fantastic and Ed Helms (with CGI wig) as Sue Storm... That adaption would be equally faithful to the source material.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:58 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

thumb up

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:37 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

My thoughts exactly. Here are a few "gems" of information from the people involved with this film:

Kate Mara told not to read any F4 comics because it has nothing to do with their storylines:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...-comic-stories/

Michael B. Jordan says they're not superheroes, more like disabled kids:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1871300/mic...reed-interview/

It's going to be found footage:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Fa...Feel-43635.html

The Fantastic Four, the original celebrity heroes, will not be celebrities in this film, and they won't even be called the Fantastic Four:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...n-kinberg-video

Add to these the horrible miscasting of everyone, especially a 12 year old looking Reed Richards and scrawny Ben Grimm, and we have not a faithful adaptation of a beloved comic, nor do we even have a fresh spin on an existing concept. We have a desperate, low budget rights grab to keep Disney from cashing in on what Fox considers their toy, even though they refuse to play with it correctly.

That sounds horrible. If Fox didn't want to make a faithful Fantastic Four movie that isn't called Fantastic Four, they should've given the rights back to Marvel so they can make an unfaithful Fantastic Four movie called something else. Especially if it's still up in the air on whether it will connect with X-Men.

I shouldn't hope for a movie to be bad just so Marvel can get the rights back, but it's hard not to.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:19 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelmadness13

Why shouldn't people want this to fail? It's pretty apparent that Fox doesn't want to make a movie about the Fantastic Four, but they also don't want their biggest competitor to make money off of something they own. If this bombs on a 47 Ronin level it will cost them too much to hang on to, and then we may finally see a Fantastic Four film worthy of the name. Heck even if Disney doesn't want to make an F4 movie we would still have Galactus and the Surfer in Avengers 3, and thats something to fight for lol.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:33 AM
marvelmadness13 is currently offline Click here to Send marvelmadness13 a Private Message Find more posts by marvelmadness13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Even if Disney didn't do a Solo FF movie for a while we could still get FF joining the Avengers to battle Galactus and the Surfer.

So yeah screw this film. Let's hope it flops hard.

Unfortunately I doubt it will. So I just hope in that scenario they're at least faithful to Surfer and Galactus in these new movies.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:10 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I get casual fans asking me about this film, whether it's connected to the Mcu or if it's gonna be good. I just badmouth it everytime lol

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:46 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I'm surprised casual fans even know about this. There's been no trailer and very little hype.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:47 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

More and more people want to know whats coming next in comic book movies so you get alot more people checking the web now or watching movie news shows.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 02:33 AM
Darth Thor

^ Ah I see.

Looks like Marvel Studios (and to be fair The Dark Knight Trilogy as well) have done wonder for the genre.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 09:39 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

lol. I guess Dr.Doom is now a mummy. It keeps getting better and better.

(and by better i mean shittier)

http://www.geek-pride.co.uk/film-an...ic-four-reboot/

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 04:59 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelmadness13

So Doctor Doom has a disability too! It looks like in this he's a Russian Grandmother with severe burns...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 06:02 AM
marvelmadness13 is currently offline Click here to Send marvelmadness13 a Private Message Find more posts by marvelmadness13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

at least the previous movies had the dr. doom look down pat.. i thought that guy was a dark elf.. wtf..

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 07:08 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

He looks like a bad spectre cosplay.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 08:41 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I for one hope thats the final look so eveyone can shout a collective WTF and write this movie off.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 08:56 PM