KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ironman 3

Ironman 3
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah it didn't touch IM1 for me. But I'm a huge fan of the original.

I guess I got a little too pumped. IM 3 continues to drop in ratings. Iron Man had a 93 and IM 3 has a 83. I think I'll like IM the best, but IM 3 better than 2.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 02:40 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems that there was some footage set in China that was cut from the U.S. release

http://io9.com/did-you-know-that-ir...-chin-486189788

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 10:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Decent but not as good as IM1 or 2 IMO. Plot was interesting and everything but the movie lacked bite. I felt I was watching a series after the first thrid of it.

6/10, yup I am hard to please.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 02:12 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Mshinu
Decent but not as good as IM1 or 2 IMO. Plot was interesting and everything but the movie lacked bite. I felt I was watching a series after the first thrid of it.

6/10, yup I am hard to please.
I personally felt it was better than IM 2.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 02:19 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by TheHulk
I personally felt it was better than IM 2.

You are correct.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 03:23 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Score keeps on dropping. At a 78 now.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 02:25 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Golgo13
Score keeps on dropping. At a 78 now.

doesn't mean anything especially since this is on pace for or close too $1 billion dollars

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
doesn't mean anything especially since this is on pace for or close too $1 billion dollars

I could care less about how much it makes. I just want to see something different, something new. It seems it's not as good as IM 1 from regular posters. I'm still going to see it, but I should lower my expectations.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:21 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I actually felt like it was the best Iron Man film to date.

Stark's character underwent a lot of progression and development and you can see the differences between him from Iron Man, Iron Man 2, the Avengers, and Iron Man 3. To that end, it did a great job fleshing out a character we've already grown very familiar with.

As a comic book fan whose read quite a bit (a lot) of Iron Man...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the whole Mandarin thing was kinda disappointing. I figured we'd get a very grounded take on the character - no power rings, no chi kung fu, no alien space dragons, etc - but the whole swerve with Killian being the main bad guy and the "real" Mandarin was unexpected. That said, divorcing myself from the comics and the knowledge I have from them, the ploy served the film well.

I'd give it an 8.5. Good development from the principal cast, best action scenes of the franchise, good pacing, etc.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 05:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Im sitting in the theater, Iron Man 3 just finished. I legitimaly almost walked out when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I saw what they did with the Mandarin. A phucking actor?! Phuck Shane Black.

Phuck them. Phuck them all.

I don't think I can objectively separate myself from the disappointment over what I said above. Besides that, it was a great film. It's just that my disappointment with that is so great it taints the rest of the movie to a really large degree.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As a comic book fan whose read quite a bit (a lot) of Iron Man...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the whole Mandarin thing was kinda disappointing. I figured we'd get a very grounded take on the character - no power rings, no chi kung fu, no alien space dragons, etc - but the whole swerve with Killian being the main bad guy and the "real" Mandarin was unexpected.

thumb up This is what I was expecting. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: His character is the perfect foil to Tony Stark. It's the fact that he's striving for an ideal and very serious in his goals that make him the villain he is. To throw that away for some laughs, after having the first movie point in his direction and waiting for 4 movies to get his movie appearance, really pissed me off..

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on May 3rd, 2013 at 06:25 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:18 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Like i didn't see this coming...the hardcore Iron Man fans bitching.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Kazenji
Like i didn't see this coming...the hardcore Iron Man fans bitching.

Point?

I loved the first movie. I actually enjoy the second movie. I don't care when things are changed to suit the story as it's being adapted to fit the cinema - I just don't feel like that was the case here. I loved the movie before the twist. I loved the film after the twist. That twist just wasn't needed. It destroyed the character they had been building up to.

To put it an example that people might understand:

If the Dark Knight had been about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Joker being insane until you just realized that the Joker was an actor the Riddler had hired to throw people of his tail, people would get mad. Spoilers because it's exactly what happened in IM3.

If Deadpool had a movie where he was as serious as Scott Summers, people would get mad.

Meh. I'm entitled to think the movie was great besides that (major) issue.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:37 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Point?

Point is it happens all the time with each of these comic book movies

i may not have read Iron Man for years, but i know noticed the changes myself but yet i'm not bitching.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:43 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Well i must say, I am VERY disappointed with the big twist.

Not because of the twist itself, but the fact that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killian said "He was" The Mandarin. That basically killed off ANY hope (along with the actor using the 10 rings) of an actual Mandarin to be in the cinematic Marvel universe.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a Mandarin super fan or anything, but I know enough about him and respect his role as one of the upper villains in Marvel to feel he got disrespected.

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm also annoyed with the pepper killing Killian bit. It would have been better if he had died when Stark blew up his armor and then she walked out of the fire surprising Tony; who thought her dead. It just came off as unbelievable and cheesy (since she had never shown ANY ability to fight even remotely like that before).

All my gripes aside, I still feel this was a good movie. My initial review would probably be an 8 / 10

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:04 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Did anyone else get a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: pseudo-Ra's al Ghul ala Batman Begins vibe from the twist?

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Must. Not. Read. Spoilers! I'll be seeing it on Monday, so I can hold on.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:31 AM
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

***SPOILERS***

I liked the movie... but as a fan of comics I did not enjoy a few things.
-there could've been more action, I wanted Ironman/ Warmachine action. Not Tony with a gun.
-The Villains were kinda boring, and they were breathing fire confused
-They gave Pepper superpowers, and she stole the big ending from tony IMO.
And last... they wanted to do a more "grounded version" but in the Marvel Movieverse we've already seen Aliens, Magic, Gods, multiple Dimensions... so why not let The Mandarin use Magic?

Like I said, good movie, but as someone who knows the origins and actual abilities of the comic versions I was a little disappointed.

I give it a 7-8/10

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 08:43 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Looks like most people agree with my assessment of the film. Tony was cool, IM was cool, the action was cool, but still a few big complaints. Which could have easily been corrected/adjusted. Really not sure why they were done.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by armedforbattle

-The Villains were kinda boring, and they were breathing fire confused

guess you haven't read or watched Extremis going by your reaction.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:03 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah from the comics Extremis actually did give the ability to breathe fire and regenerate.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But that's not really the villain that should have closed off the third installment of IM. This should have been the big one - The Real Mandarin Imo.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 11:32 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote