KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Team Quan vs. Team Roberto

Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Team Quan 2 22.22%
Team Roberto 7 77.78%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Team Quan vs. Team Roberto
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Team Quan vs. Team Roberto

Khan and Van Zan are hunting Chewbacca and John McClane. This takes place in jungle. Hand to hand combat. Who wins ?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 04:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

wut

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 12:09 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Are any of these characters jungle hunters? Whats the point of making a fight into a jungle if this is hand to hand?

I guess they all get lost and die of hunger and sickness. Maybe Chewbacca wins if he can get by eating trees.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 12:28 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'm going to say the Quan team, because I don't think Chewbacca is as strong as Khan, so Khan solos basically, because Chewbacca kills Van Zan, but Khan kills McClane and Chewbacca.

(and none of this "McClane is invincible" crap please)

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 12:34 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Wasn't there a comment about Wookies being able to rip a man limb from limb? I don't see Khan doing that tho skill would be on his side

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 01:13 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Han did say that, but again, even with that, wasn't Khan launching dudes back several feet with a punch and denting steel? If he can do that, I'm sure he could rip a man's arm off as well.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 01:37 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm sure he could rip a man's arm off as well.

you seem sure of lots of stuff that cant be substantiated.

but please, spend the next 30 pages furiously defending your "fact".

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 01:46 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

laughing I love how your main priority seems to be trolling me rather than answering the thread topic, you creepy obsessive bastard.

(please log in to view the image)

Poor Focus.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 01:53 PM
juggerman

Han did say that, but again, even with that, wasn't Khan launching dudes back several feet with a punch and denting steel? If he can do that, I'm sure he could rip a man's arm off as well.

B.A. in A-Team launched a dude with a kick as well. Would you say he could rip a man's arm off? Chewy has the strength advantage tho i'd say not enough to seriously hamper Khan. Unless he could use the jungle to his advantage somehow Khan would murder him

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:05 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing I love how your main priority seems to be trolling me rather than answering the thread topic, you creepy obsessive bastard.

HAHAHAHA yeah!

but anyway, your claim is completely unsubstantiated. smile

cry about it. smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:16 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'll be honest, i haven't seen Into Darkness I'm just going on what I heard, but even based on that, even if Khan doesn't have the strength advantage he definitely should have the speed and agility advantage. I just can't see Chewbacca overcoming him. As you said, he's a better skilled combatant and Chewbacca's brute strength may not be enough.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:17 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll be honest, i haven't seen Into Darkness

laughing fail

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:18 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Some feats for Khan: superhuman intelligence, durability, strength, and agility, plus a healing factor. He took out a squad of many (20?) armed Klingons more or less single-handed using two guns. One of these guns was a massive gatling-gun style thing that must have weighed a hundred pounds; he held it easily with one arm and even swung it like a melee weapon. He let Kirk try to physically beat on him, continually using punches, elbows, and knees, until Kirk got so tired he had to stop; Khan was unharmed. He was shot by a phaser in one instance, and was only stunned for a brief time; on another instance he was hit multiple times and completely shrugged it off. Spock used the Vulcan neck grip thing on him; it caused him pain but no real effect. He crushed a guy's skull between his bare hands. He jumped down a vertical distance of 30 meters with no problem. He would do stuff like jumping through glass doors with no problem. At various times, when his blood was injected into a terminally ill girl, a dead tribble, and a Kirk that died from radiation sickness, they all revived, which speaks to the power of his healing factor.

It sounds like he can take on Chewbacca

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:24 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some feats for Khan: superhuman intelligence, durability, strength, and agility, plus a healing factor. He took out a squad of many (20?) armed Klingons more or less single-handed using two guns. One of these guns was a massive gatling-gun style thing that must have weighed a hundred pounds; he held it easily with one arm and even swung it like a melee weapon. He let Kirk try to physically beat on him, continually using punches, elbows, and knees, until Kirk got so tired he had to stop; Khan was unharmed. He was shot by a phaser in one instance, and was only stunned for a brief time; on another instance he was hit multiple times and completely shrugged it off. Spock used the Vulcan neck grip thing on him; it caused him pain but no real effect. He crushed a guy's skull between his bare hands. He jumped down a vertical distance of 30 meters with no problem. He would do stuff like jumping through glass doors with no problem. At various times, when his blood was injected into a terminally ill girl, a dead tribble, and a Kirk that died from radiation sickness, they all revived, which speaks to the power of his healing factor.

It sounds like he can take on Chewbacca

I'll be honest, i haven't seen Into Darkness

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:25 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Team Quan wins

/thread

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 02:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggerman
Wasn't there a comment about Wookies being able to rip a man limb from limb? I don't see Khan doing that tho skill would be on his side
So a comment made is now solid proof ? Dear lord, is this where we are now.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
So a comment made is now solid proof ? Dear lord, is this where we are now.

"no actual screen feats of wookies ripping arms out of sockets, so it doesnt count"

*honk* *honk*

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:16 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I could have sworn there was a scene somewhere in the OT (the cantina scene I think) where Chewbacca did in fact rip someone's arm off.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:17 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by focus4chumps
laughing out loud
You can laugh at him or if what he says is false you can correct him.

Truth is he maybe lacking context by not having seen the movie first hand it does not mean what he is saying is true or false. It just means he is assuming the things he has heard are true and if they are than Khan should have the speed and agility advantage as well as comparable strength.

If he is wrong you should correct him. Considering I've seen the movie everything he said is true.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I could have sworn there was a scene somewhere in the OT (the cantina scene I think) where Chewbacca did in fact rip someone's arm off.
I think you are thinking of when Obi-Wan cuts a guys arm off.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:26 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote