KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs The Hero of Tython

Who is the Ultimate Jedi?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 9 50.00%
The Hero of Tython 9 50.00%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revan vs The Hero of Tython
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

interesting.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:21 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Before the mission you can ask Satele to join you in fighting Vitiate and she says that anyone other that the HoT would get pwned by his telepathic domination.

No, the answer is cuz he was dead. wink

That's an opinion, it's not canonically a fact, it's 50/50 for people on what happened to Revan. I personally think he used the Fold Space technique :P

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

and now i'm off to play swtor thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:27 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ya'lls is morons.

Just give up.

I do believe Neph is the leader of this Wank Faction, either her or S_W_LeGeND, but they don't see eye to eye; one wanks Jedi Hero from TOR, the other doesn't really wank, though he did go crazy and wanked a little to defend Revan in the Revan Vs Darth Caedus thread.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:28 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

True, I am the indisputable master of all things Swtor on this forum.

Bow, peon.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

you just cant accept that HoT>>Revan. Hell you've even said Revan>>>>>>>>>HoT. lmfaobyfsaswdagityts

ares834

Hmm, I don't think this is true. According to this:

"For centuries, the Emperor's Voice has delivered the Sith leader's commandments to his servants. In fact, to converse with the Emperor's Voice is to have an audience with the Emperor himself, whose power and consciousness have been placed within the Voice's body."

And SWTORE says the same thing. So by all rights, Vitiates power is held within his Voice when he is occupying it. He isn't splitting it between the two bodies.

And why couldn't it have been a portion of his power? That quote certainly does not claim that his full power is interred within the Voice meaning it is quite possible that Vitiate is splitting his power between the two.

Not sure why you didn't just use the SWTORE quote there which does make it seem like the Voice wields the full power. Of course, it is from an in-universe and thus fallible source.

Eh, this is the only accurate one you named. However, many of the Children were killed in the Consular storyline, including the First Son and they were thus revealed to the Republic, which likely lead to more of them being killed.

Also it only says that they 'share' a portion of his power, so its entirely possible that they are merely drawing on his power like the Imperial Guard does when near him. Also since the connection between he and them is always open I don't see why he couldn't draw on their power should he need to.

The codex also states "the children are infused with the Emperor’s strength" which seems to pretty clearly state that a portion of his power is bestowed upon them. And there is, to my knowledge, absolutely no evidence that suggests that Emperor draws upon his Children's power at all.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Exactly my point, if Vitiate was so weak (According to the dullard's posting) then how come Revan couldn't take him? Revan's power increased within the 300 year gap between "Revan" and "SW:TOR" and according to everyone, Vitiate was weakened immensely, so why couldn't Revan take him? And my answer to that is... Because he wasn't strong enough, he was too weak to defeat Vitiate on his own, something HoT had no trouble doing.

Uh, Revan wasn't around at the time and was possibly dead...

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ares834
And why couldn't it have been a portion of his power? That quote certainly does not claim that his full power is interred within the Voice meaning it is quite possible that Vitiate is splitting his power between the two.

It doesn't say 'a portion', it says 'his power' and in SWTORE 'the Voice also wields the Emperor's incredible power and is capable of striking down anyone who displeases him.' I see no reason to think it isn't his full power.

Beefy and Tempest (iirc) argued this quite thoroughly. I agree with the latter; its his power that's mentioned only, not a portion.

Not sure why you didn't just use the SWTORE quote there which does make it seem like the Voice wields the full power. Of course, it is from an in-universe and thus fallible source.

I didn't want to type it out. sad

The codex also states "the children are infused with the Emperor’s strength" which seems to pretty clearly state that a portion of his power is bestowed upon them. And there is, to my knowledge, absolutely no evidence that suggests that Emperor draws upon his Children's power at all.

Actually the full quote says 'Infants of all species taken before the Sith Emperor, the children are infused with the Emperor's strength, sharing some measure of his thoughts and power for the rest of their lives.' It does say they were infused with his strength, but in the same line it elaborates that they are 'sharing' a portion of his power.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, I am the indisputable master of all things Swtor on this forum.

Bow, peon.
You're the Queen of Wank.

(please log in to view the image)

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:39 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I didn't want to type it out. sad

no expression

Actually the full quote says 'Infants of all species taken before the Sith Emperor, the children are infused with the Emperor's strength, sharing some measure of his thoughts and power for the rest of their lives.' It does say they were infused with his strength, but in the same line it elaborates that they are 'sharing' a portion of his power.

Sure, which still seems like a concrete way of saying he is giving them some of his power. The word "sharing" does not contradict the word "infused" in any way and just accents it. Basically he infuses (gives) them some of his power thus they are "sharing" it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:44 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And likewise the word 'infused' doesn't contradict 'sharing' the power. Thus why I only said it was "entirely possible" and "nebulous and arguable." wink

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:46 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neph, give up.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:47 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I am never going to give you up and never going to let you down. But I can promise that I'm never going to ruuuun around and desert you.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:49 AM
ares834

And likewise the word 'infused' doesn't contradict 'sharing' the power. Thus why I only said it was "entirely possible" and "nebulous and arguable." wink

There is almost nothing arguable about it. If he is infusing them with his own power he is putting his power in them. They aren't drawing it off of him like the guards as he is literally filling them up with his own power.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:52 AM
Jmanghan

Uh, Revan wasn't around at the time and was possibly dead...
Then why not instead of going to the foundry did he just help Scourge and HoT, on top of Kira Carsen and T7 along with them??? While they fought the Imperial Guards as a team, Revan could've fought Vitiate and won by that point if he was as weak as everyone made him out to be during the SWTOR Era. And if he couldn't, then by Dolos logic, neither could HoT, which means you would be arguing that HoT couldn't defeat Vitiate either, which he did. HoT is stronger then Revan.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There is almost nothing arguable about it. If he is infusing them with his own power he is putting his power in them. They aren't drawing it off of him like the guards as he is literally filling them up with his own power.

I'm not seeing how that contradicts 'sharing' the power with them either.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:54 AM
ares834

I'm not seeing how that contradicts 'sharing' the power with them either.

It doesn't. But if I, say, share candy with my brother I can't get back the candy I gave him.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:55 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am never going to give you up and never going to let you down. But I can promise that I'm never going to ruuuun around and desert you.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:56 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Then why not instead of going to the foundry did he just help Scourge and HoT, on top of Kira Carsen and T7 along with them??? While they fought the Imperial Guards as a team, Revan could've fought Vitiate and won by that point if he was as weak as everyone made him out to be during the SWTOR Era. And if he couldn't, then by Dolos logic, neither could HoT, which means you would be arguing that HoT couldn't defeat Vitiate either, which he did. HoT is stronger then Revan.

Your "logic" is incredibly flawed. After all, Revan wanted to destroy the Empire not merely kill the Emperor. Plus there are many other circumstances involved.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:57 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It doesn't. But if I, say, share candy with my brother I can't get back the candy I gave him.

Force power isn't candy. If you're sharing a baseball bat with your brother you can take the bat from him if you want.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 12:57 AM