KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Who thinks there is freedom? Who thinks there isn't?

Who thinks there is freedom? Who thinks there isn't?
Started by: AceleFortiere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Freedom.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 06:19 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Matthew
Level ??? Con-Man

People think there is no freedom, because they expect more.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 11:53 PM
Dr. Matthew is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Matthew a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Matthew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

"Freedom? That is a worship word. You will not speak it."

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 07:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

there is no freedom we live in a society full of selfish ppl.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 01:52 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

(please log in to view the image)

No but in all seriousness, we have freedom, and at the same time we don't have it.

We will always have limits, but we have choices as well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 08:21 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loaderharrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I always think there is a kind of freedom.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 08:45 AM
loaderharrison is currently offline Click here to Send loaderharrison a Private Message Find more posts by loaderharrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Freedom was a word invented not to say "responsability", when the actual concept you want is exactly that.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 09:02 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

your free to follow dreams others have set for you under certain guidelines

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 02:34 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
uboat683doc

On a universal level, no we do not have true freedom. I am not free to walk to the moon and buy a Mack truck from a vending machine. Some things just can't happen. This might not be what you are asking though.

On a practical level, we are also limited. We impose social and legal limits on ourselves. In this case though, we can choose to violate those norms. We can be antisocial or commit criminal acts. We have the freedom to do these things. Laws and customs only serve to warn us that our actions may not be tolerated.

Then, when we wind up in prison, we are no more limited than I am when I can't go to the moon. Certain things become impossibilities--like walking out of the prison gate and going fishing.

And if my goal was to wind up in prison, then the very law that should have prevented my criminal act actually facilitated me in exercising my will.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 02:04 PM
uboat683doc is currently offline Click here to Send uboat683doc a Private Message Find more posts by uboat683doc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote