KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Where did someone come up with the idea of Bane blitzing Krayt, lol. He's slower, less skilled, and not as refined as a duelist as Krayt. He was beaten by a person that tripped over a grave for god sake. He will be destroyed mark my words.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 02:13 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
You're reaching here and I think you know it. Roan simply refers to him as "cousin" but you really can't prove that it was a genuine blood relative from that alone, as it might just be a way that the IK speak to each other, much like how two comrades might refer to themselves as "brothers", but not actually be actual brothers.

He also shared the same last name, Morghan Fel. If two people share a last name and call each other relatives- which, btw, no other IK is called such- odds of them not being relatives is pretty low.

quote:

Plus if he really were a descendant of Anakin I'd imagine they'd show him a little more respect than having him go out like a chump. Plus he may have just been a cousin but not one that was linked to the Skywalker line.

If his last name is Fel, that means he's descended from the line that holds the throne. An offshoot, yes, and likely not as strong as the main line, but that strongly implies a direct descent.

And he held an important position, and was seen as close to Roan in flashback. Exactly where you'd expect a cousin to be.

quote:
Blitzing would be one shotting them before they can react, Krayt simply overwhelmed them with speed, as several exchanges were made. Impressive but I wouldn't put those IK on the level of someone like Sirak, who Bane actually blitzed as far back as midway through PoD.

No, there were not several exchanges made. Three of them died in the first blows of the fight, and Morghan lasted slightly longer, being disarmed then killed.

Here is the fight in it's entirety. They rush him from behind while he focuses on Morghan. He scythes through them, then takes Morghan.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Why would you argue not very much? Krayt really doesn't have any real quantifiable speed feats,

Obi-wan does, and A'Sharad was able to press him in combat.

And the IK thing is still really impressive...

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 15th, 2014 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
He also shared the same last name, Morghan Fel. If two people share a last name and call each other relatives- which, btw, no other IK is called such- odds of them not being relatives is pretty low.

I have since learned of this, however there's still the possibility he's not descended from Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel but another Fel and is simply a distant cousin, and it's also possible that the Fels weren't descended from Skywalkers at all. As you yourself said in the other thread, the Fels never do anything that impressive to stand out, and even the Skywalker bloodline can be significantly watered down.

quote:

No, there were not several exchanges made. Three of them died in the first blows of the fight, and Morghan lasted slightly longer, being disarmed then killed.

Here is the fight in it's entirety. They rush him from behind while he focuses on Morghan. He scythes through them, then takes Morghan.

My mistake, but either way it's not exactly clear on what happened, and far too vague to refer to it as a speed feat specifically. He may have overpowered them through sheer strength, or skill, or anything. A far cry from Bane's quantifiable speed feats.

quote:
Obi-wan does, and A'Sharad was able to press him in combat.

And the IK thing is still really impressive...

Obi-Wan does not have feats even slightly comparable to Bane, and in AotC was not even able to overwhelm Jango Fett with his speed in a melee exchange.

It comes across as impressive, and I never said that Krayt sucks, but you can't argue that it's a feat of speed, and certainly not one on the level of Bane, and Bane has outperformed such a display numerous times.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Zannah doesn't disagree.

Yes, she does.

"He was faster than she could ever have imagined."

Zannah fought a berserk RoT Bane (and saw him fight on Tython), so she'd obviously know how fast that version of him was. For him to be faster than she could imagine means he's faster in their duel than he was back then.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

^ While he was amped, sir.

Krayt blitzed the knights based off of his own speed, and not energy imparted by the orbalisks. Though I personally don't think Krayt would blitz Bane, he is definitely slower than Krayt.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:27 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

When was he amped?

If you mean RoT then its just even more impressive that Bane was even faster than that without the orbalisk amp.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He was amped because the orbalisks were feeding off of his rage, ergo he had a boost to move faster hence the feat of Zannah seeing Multiple blades at once.

He never duplicated similar feats without it IIRC during DOE, apart from the Rain feat which while impressive isn't of equal standing

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:35 PM
Q99

quote:
Astor

I have since learned of this, however there's still the possibility he's not descended from Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel but another Fel and is simply a distant cousin,

In order to be a Fel unrelated to Jagged (and thus Jaina), we're talking 4 generations removed. Possibly 5, as Morghan's noticeably younger than Roan.

Who calls people 'cousin' at that far out?

quote:
and it's also possible that the Fels weren't descended from Skywalkers at all.

Quite unlikely. Jaina and Jagged are actually married, after all.

quote:
As you yourself said in the other thread, the Fels never do anything that impressive to stand out, and even the Skywalker bloodline can be significantly watered down.

Not *super* impressive in the sense the Skywalkers are, but they're still very powerful force users. Roan's above Treis Sinde, who's a match for one of Krayt's top war leaders and who has some solid force feats (barrier'ing explosions and that sort of thing).

Or to put it another way, they aren't Skywalker level, but Roan is very solidly "Powerful Jedi" level.

If he was in the Clone Wars era, he'd be on the council and a formidable member thereon, just not a Skywalker-type member.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by carthage
He was amped because the orbalisks were feeding off of his rage, ergo he had a boost to move faster hence the feat of Zannah seeing Multiple blades at once.

He never duplicated similar feats without it IIRC during DOE, apart from the Rain feat which while impressive isn't of equal standing

True.

I'd say its on equal standing. And Zannah says he's faster without the orbalisks, so I'm gonna believe her.

Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes, she does.

"He was faster than she could ever have imagined."

Zannah fought a berserk RoT Bane (and saw him fight on Tython), so she'd obviously know how fast that version of him was. For him to be faster than she could imagine means he's faster in their duel than he was back then.

Zannah was referring to Bane in their sparring sessions because he always had ''held back'', which is why he was faster than she ever imagined.

Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

By all means believe her Neph, even though by his own words he was slower and he never went full power in training sessions. Hehe.

Do you have a quote for that statement, I kinda remember her saying that put a quote and it being put into context would help.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:43 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
In order to be a Fel unrelated to Jagged (and thus Jaina), we're talking 4 generations removed. Possibly 5, as Morghan's noticeably younger than Roan.

Who calls people 'cousin' at that far out?

I'd refer to someone as a cousin no matter how far out they are, provided that they are my cousin.

quote:
Quite unlikely. Jaina and Jagged are actually married, after all.

Not as unlikely as you'd like to think.

quote:
Not *super* impressive in the sense the Skywalkers are, but they're still very powerful force users. Roan's above Treis Sinde, who's a match for one of Krayt's top war leaders and who has some solid force feats (barrier'ing explosions and that sort of thing).

Or to put it another way, they aren't Skywalker level, but Roan is very solidly "Powerful Jedi" level.

If he was in the Clone Wars era, he'd be on the council and a formidable member thereon, just not a Skywalker-type member.

That's Roan Fel, we're talking about Mhogran.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Zannah was referring to Bane in their sparring sessions because he always had ''held back'', which is why he was faster than she ever imagined.

Two paragraphs later she herself points out that she'd fought him while he had the orbalisks, so obviously she actually remembers that and doesn't have freaking brain damage.

The quote, Intrepid and Carthage, is:

"During her years under Bane, they had sparred hundreds of times. During these sessions she had always known he was keeping something in reserve for the day they would inevitably fight for real. Only now did she realize just how much he had been holding back.

He was faster than she could ever have imagined, and he was using new sequences and unfamiliar moves he had never revealed during their practice sessions. But somehow she had survived the initial flurry, and now she knew what to expect."

'Could ever have imagined'. That seems pretty conclusive in including their previous duel.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:51 PM
The_Tempest

No, but Intrepid's point is that because Bane was holding back at a time in which he had the orbalisks and not during their final duel, Zannah had never seen him at full speed, which means orbalisk!Bane still may be faster than DOE!Bane.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:53 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane wasn't holding back in RoT though. He was berserk and trying to kill her. He had held back in training, probably referring to the 10 years between RoT and DoE.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:55 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does this mean that he might have been holding back in all of his fights against others that Zannah was witness to, such as the BMd Jedi strike team?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:56 PM
The_Tempest

Bane wasn't holding back in RoT though. He was berserk and trying to kill her. He had held back in training, probably referring to the 10 years between RoT and DoE.

Possibly. Was it when he was in roid-rage mode in ROT?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:57 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but for her to only now realize, he would have had to have been holding back in any fight that she witnessed him in.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 03:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Possibly. Was it when he was in roid-rage mode in ROT?

Yeah:

"You betrayed me!" he roared and leapt at her.

Zannah had watched the battle with interest, taking careful note of Bane's tactics and tendencies and storing them away for later. Her Master easily dispatched Hetton and his minions, as she had expected ... though there had been a brief instant near the start of the battle when Bane had appeared vulnerable. Apparently the orbalisks were not able to fully protect him against the electrical current of the force pikes-another fact she made a point of filing away for later.

When it was over her Master turned to face her. She waited for him to demand an explanation, but instead he let loose with a cry and flew at her. Zannah barely had time to ignite her twin blades to meet his completely unexpected attack.

She fell into a defensive posture as she so often had during their training sessions. But this was no drill, and her Master came at her with a speed and ferocity she had never faced before. Giving in to his orbalisk-fueled bloodrage, he was like a wild animal, raining savage blows down on her from all angles, the strikes coming so fast it seemed as if he wielded a dozen blades at the same time. Zannah fell into a full retreat, desperately giving ground beneath the overwhelming assault.

"I did not betray you, Master!" she shouted, trying to make Bane see reason before he cleaved her in two. "I lured Hetton here so you could kill him!"

She ducked under a horizontal cut from his lightsaber, only to catch a heavy boot in her ribs. She rolled with the kick, narrowly avoiding the return cut of his blade. She parried a sharp descending blow, gathered her feet under her, and launched herself backward, flipping ten meters clear.

"Listen to me, Master!" she shouted now that she had put some distance between them. "If I wanted to betray you, why didn't I help them during the-oooffff!"

Bane hit her with a powerful Force throw, sending her hurtling backward. Only the barrier she had instinctively thrown up at the last second to shield herself saved her bones from being shattered by the concussive force of the impact.

She scrambled to her feet and twirled her lightsaber before her, creating what she hoped would be an impenetrable wall of defense. Instead of trying to pierce her guard, Bane leapt high in the air and came down almost right on top of her. She deftly parried his blade, redirecting it to the side as she spun away to keep his body from slamming into her. But Bane caught her on the chin with his elbow as she turned, the blow snapping her head back. Her body went limp, her weapon dropped from her nerveless fingers, and she crumpled to the ground.

For a second she saw nothing but stars. Her vision cleared to reveal the image of Darth Bane looming above her, his blade raised for the coup de grace.

"I only did this for you, Master!" she shouted up at him, ignoring the throbbing pain in her jaw. "I only wanted to bring you the key to creating a Holocron!"

Bane hesitated, her words finally piercing the bestial madness that had enveloped him. He stared down at her on the ground, his head tilting to the side as his bloodlust slowly faded.

"You did this for me?" he asked suspiciously."

Bane acknowledges that he lost control later, which is what makes him seriously consider getting rid of the orbalisks.

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Yeah but for her to only now realize, he would have had to have been holding back in any fight that she witnessed him in.

Unless he was faster than he was in the fights she witnessed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 04:07 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

That wasn't my point. My point was that Zannah never imagined him to be so fast without his orbalisk armor... because he always held back without it.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote