KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Logan (2017)

Logan (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks good, Hopefully its the best one out of the 3 Wolverine solo movies.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 02:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Being better than the other two Wolverine movies is a low bar to pass. Though on the bright side it could avoid the trilogy curse that Fox's Xmen movies all have.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:05 AM
wakkawakkawakka is online now! Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks good, Hopefully its the best one out of the 3 Wolverine solo movies.

Shouldnt be too hard.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Interesting trailer. I am wondering exactly how Logan got so old and crusty though. If Xavier is still alive (and he was already like 90 by the time of DoFP), the time line can't be that much further along. Maybe the time line shift from DoFP caused changes to his encounters in Japan, from The Wolverine, as well as affecting the result. Those guys did screw with his healing factor during that film, and SS did partially age him (albeit temporarily in the original time line) at the end of it.

He's pushing 135-140 or so by now, right? Considering his powers gave him extended youth besides healing and his healing is diminished (forming scar-tissue instead of smooth skin), it stands to reason he'd also start looking more his age.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:57 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Originally posted by Robtard
He's pushing 135-140 or so by now, right?

If he was born in the 1830s and Logan takes place in 2024, he should be somewhere around 190 by that point! eek!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 05:18 AM
Darth Luminous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The timeline in the X movies is getting so convoluted, this is one of the few times I wish they'd do a reboot. Or, do right by the fans and just relinquish the rights back to Marvel.

But taken at face value, and discarding the fact that it's supposed to somehow mesh into an established universe, it looks pretty cool. Makes me wish they would have cast Jackman in the Dark Tower movie.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 05:47 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Luminous
If he was born in the 1830s and Logan takes place in 2024, he should be somewhere around 190 by that point! eek!

I thought X-Men:Orgins showed young Logan in 1880-something, but it's actually 1845 and he was about 10 there, so yeah.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The timeline in the X movies is getting so convoluted, this is one of the few times I wish they'd do a reboot. Or, do right by the fans and just relinquish the rights back to Marvel.

But taken at face value, and discarding the fact that it's supposed to somehow mesh into an established universe, it looks pretty cool. Makes me wish they would have cast Jackman in the Dark Tower movie.

From what I've read, they're not too concerned with this film connecting perfectly with previous lore, something happened since the time of the "happy" ending of DoFP and when this movie is set, where there's only a few mutants left. I'm sure they'll explain what happened to the mutants and how Logan ended up the lone cowboy-esque figure via flashbacks and/or spoken word.

Now that Jackman is out, they're going to want to reboot in a few years, if anything to keep rights, Wolverine is the X franchise's star attraction and I don't think they're going to let that go. Agreed though, ideally Marvel would get the rights and we can have more crossovers.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 21st, 2016 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:33 PM
ares834

I see very little benefit in Marvel getting the X-men back. I've always felt that the mutants and Avengers work best when separated.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No interest at all in seeing a crossover scene? Say Logan and Hulk or Spider-Man with the X-Men? On the premise they were all under one roof.

But mainly because Marvel-Disney is overall better at superhero films. We'd get higher quality X-Men films, imo.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 21st, 2016 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:45 PM
ares834

Sure, it would be fun. But I ultimately feel the two universe don’t work to well together. It never made a ton of sense that people hate the X-men but love all these other super-powered individuals. They just never seemed to mesh together well.

Better quality films is the main reason I would be for it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:49 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough, I just think crossovers can work if done right, like the Spider-Man scenes in CA:CV, rather enjoyed that.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:56 PM
Darth Thor

It's true that X-Men is such a huge Universe on its own that it could be too packed a movie Universe putting them into the MCU.

On the other hand though how cool would it be to see the Avengers go up against Magneto or Wolverine against Hulk or Spider-Man. Plus there's the Quality factor.

So yeah I think the pros would definitely outweigh the cons.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 06:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 10:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Originally posted by Robtard
I thought X-Men:Orgins showed young Logan in 1880-something, but it's actually 1845 and he was about 10 there, so yeah.

He even fought in the Civil War...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 11:37 PM
Darth Luminous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, forgot the whole intro.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 11:49 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Something that didn't happen in comics. It was the least of the problems that movie had, though.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 11:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, watched that intro again just now, that was the best part of the film and a rather well done intro overall.

Then it slowly went downhill, jumping-the-shark right after the barn/helicopter scene.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not to mention alot of the movie mistakes in that film.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 01:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
(please log in to view the image)

Neat.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote