KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2014 FIFA World Cup thred

2014 FIFA World Cup thred
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

God, that header...can't get over it.

Spaniards will be seeing that in their nightmares for months to come.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:26 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
But honestly if Netherlands plays like that in every game, only Brazil and Germany can hope to beat them.

You're undermining the powerhouse that is Uruguay.

I don't see Italy leaving the groups alive, personally.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 01:36 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Bentley
You're undermining the powerhouse that is Uruguay.

I don't see Italy leaving the groups alive, personally.

You favor England over Italy?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 02:23 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Italy have Balotelli. The man might end up beating England by himself, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Smashing defeat for the Greeks. I've been thinking it was strange for them to be in the top 15. Especially after they lost to South Korea, the same South Korea that lost 0-2 and 0-5 to USA and Ghana respectively.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:08 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You favor England over Italy?

I'm assuming Italy will try to anti-football against Uruguay or England and end up to be ineffective against the other while not scoring enough goals for the tie breakers.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 07:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Lol, you were saying about uruguay?

This is the Game of Thrones of World Cups--anyone can get their head cut off or skull crushed.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 08:57 PM
Bentley
Seitei

It was a pretty unexpected turn of events indeed, at least the anarchy of these early group matches are making things fun and unpredictable.

Uruguay had it's chances and played with no Suarez. I stick to my concept of them being able to take on England or Italy, it remains to be seem what happens with Costa Rica now.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm assuming Italy will try to anti-football against Uruguay or England and end up to be ineffective against the other while not scoring enough goals for the tie breakers.

Being great at defense is not the same as being anti-football.

==

Great performance by Costa Rica though; a couple of players to really watch in the transfer market now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by -Pr-
Being great at defense is not the same as being anti-football.

I think their odds got better now that they won't focus so much at Uruguay. Hope they don't get cocky.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:23 PM
Omega Vision

I really doubt Costa Rica can repeat this performance against the other teams in their group. I won't call it a fluke because that would imply there wasn't skill involved, but in all honesty Costa Rica has had moments of brilliance (beating USA 3-1 in qualifications when the USA was on a 13 game winning streak that included Germany and Bosnia) that just serve to make you forget that on the whole they're a middling team (before that 3-1 victory they'd been beaten the two previous occasions they met the USA, and South Korea which has recently become a doormat for teams like USA and Ghana beat them not too long ago).

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think their odds got better now that they won't focus so much at Uruguay. Hope they don't get cocky.

Hopefully.

I really doubt Costa Rica can repeat this performance against the other teams in their group. I won't call it a fluke because that would imply there wasn't skill involved, but in all honesty Costa Rica has had moments of brilliance (beating USA 3-1 in qualifications when the USA was on a 13 game winning streak that included Germany and Bosnia) that just serve to make you forget that on the whole they're a middling team (before that 3-1 victory they'd been beaten the two previous occasions they met the USA, and South Korea which has recently become a doormat for teams like USA and Ghana beat them not too long ago).

I'd be surprised if CR made it out of the group, tbh. Very surprised, even with England's inconsistency.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:28 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Costa Rica was disciplined and stubborn, if they can continue that obtuse kind of play they might steal a spot for the next round. They were effective against a defensive Uruguay, so Italy could be a match made in heaven.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 10:04 PM
Omega Vision

This England-Italy game is shaping up to be very interesting.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 11:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Costa Rica was disciplined and stubborn, if they can continue that obtuse kind of play they might steal a spot for the next round. They were effective against a defensive Uruguay, so Italy could be a match made in heaven.

I think they'd have a hard time against this Italy, tbh. England played far better than I'd expected, and Italy weathered them well enough.

Plus, Pirlo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 12:03 AM
Omega Vision

Yeah, seeing Italy and England play I'd say there's almost zero chance of Costa Rican lightning striking twice.

(Prepared to eat these words, god forbid)

Both of those teams would have run a train on the sloppy, sluggish Uruguayan team we saw today.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 02:19 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I think they'd have a hard time against this Italy, tbh. England played far better than I'd expected, and Italy weathered them well enough.

Plus, Pirlo.

Yeah, actually Italy played a much better game that I originally foresaw, they were at top shape. There is a good chance for England to move forward right now.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 06:44 AM
Bardock42

Italy have Balotelli. The man might end up beating England by himself, tbh.

Not quite by himself, but the dude is good....

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 08:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, seeing Italy and England play I'd say there's almost zero chance of Costa Rican lightning striking twice.

(Prepared to eat these words, god forbid)

Both of those teams would have run a train on the sloppy, sluggish Uruguayan team we saw today.

Agreed.

Yeah, actually Italy played a much better game that I originally foresaw, they were at top shape. There is a good chance for England to move forward right now.

Yeah; I could see Sterling and Barkley causing CR and UR nothing but trouble.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Not quite by himself, but the dude is good....

He's come a long way these last few years, and he took his goal very well last night. If Italy do well in this world cup, I imagine he's going to be play a large part in it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 11:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

That was daggers in my eyes to watch, especially Muslera standing statue-still and making a stupid face while two goals whizz by him.

On a better note, the SUI Vs EDU game is turning out to be a good match, especially these last 25mins. Lots of action.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 05:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote