KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's Fall 2014 Event - AXIS

Marvel's Fall 2014 Event - AXIS
Started by: Igniz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
so, what's everyone think of the 'event' so far?

It's been decent I guess. I mean overall it seems like a lot of the issues were seemingly like filler for the last 3. In which all hell will break loose with Evan/Genesis and the Red Skull probably returning in the last issue (the cover has him on it opening his mouth wide open with all the heroes being knocked back).

It has been good though. I liked how Remender has done the story. I mean it started with Uncanny X-Force to Uncanny Avengers vol 1 all the way to AXIS. So I think RR done well in implementing the story continuously for such a long while. My only problem in general is the cliffhangers left on every issue. Although it does work as I want to see more each time.

So overall a really good series.

One thing to ask your opinion.

If you see in this interview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=57073

Remender says this "and if Evan doesn't survive, maybe there's somebody else who ends up in an interesting situation coming out of this."

It makes me wonder if he was alluding to the Sentry, I mean a lot of Robert's story in UA was him talking about being Apocalypse's heir and stuff.

What do you reckon Leonidas?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 09:50 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Somehow Cyclops will end up as Apocalypse thumb up

Either him or Havoc, whatever pisses Pr the most I guess

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
It's been decent I guess. I mean overall it seems like a lot of the issues were seemingly like filler for the last 3. In which all hell will break loose with Evan/Genesis and the Red Skull probably returning in the last issue (the cover has him on it opening his mouth wide open with all the heroes being knocked back).

It has been good though. I liked how Remender has done the story. I mean it started with Uncanny X-Force to Uncanny Avengers vol 1 all the way to AXIS. So I think RR done well in implementing the story continuously for such a long while. My only problem in general is the cliffhangers left on every issue. Although it does work as I want to see more each time.

So overall a really good series.

One thing to ask your opinion.

If you see in this interview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=57073

Remender says this "and if Evan doesn't survive, maybe there's somebody else who ends up in an interesting situation coming out of this."

It makes me wonder if he was alluding to the Sentry, I mean a lot of Robert's story in UA was him talking about being Apocalypse's heir and stuff.

What do you reckon Leonidas?

based on his comment sentry makes as much sense as anyone else i could think of. no doubt we've not seen the last of him for sure... i gotta say though, after the development of evan, i'd be disappointed if he were killed off so quickly.

i found it hilarious though that he brought up the epitome of PIS as a basis for his kluh/nova confrontation. laughing out loud he found the story wonderful. which is actually refreshing to hear because as a kid, before the forum started warping my sense of what is and isn't a fun story, i LOVED that arc! even now i've told people i enjoyed the story. most just think it so stupid that they can't see it as anything more than a PIS-fest....

as for axis itself--i gotta say i'm enjoying it quite a bit too. thumb up i've not read many of the corollaries, but it's been interesting seeing the role reversal's in the villains in particular. wanda is being made out to be quite the uber bad-ass. i've found spidey and nova to be pretty entertaining throughout. be interesting to find out if the process actually reversed xavier and skull. somehow, i don't see it being as easy as that....

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 11:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got around to starting this event, Finished the first book so far i'm enjoying it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:08 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What do you think guys?

http://i.imgur.com/hKTve8D.jpg

I think this map is sorely lacking Kang controlled territories, one would think an event around conquering would feature him

Well, at least Egyptia should have Rama-tut.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:16 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Every other one of those should nuke #17 as soon as possible.

Also, there needs to be Latveria somewhere.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 02:39 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i can't believe how utterly TERRIBLE axis revolutions is..... was kinda cool seeing nightcrawler go off, but all that sh!t with thor?? terrible, terrible. they're turning the personality alterations into jokes. terrible terrible stuff.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

How is it going?? Just briefly caught a glimpse of it and it felt like a fun story.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:45 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the axis story was pretty good i thought. not great, but mostly enjoyable. the revolutions stories have almost entirely been utter trash, some of the worst story-telling i've seen in a long while. essentially unreadable imo.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 04:14 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so the conclusion of the arc wasn't quite as bad as i thought. it could have some lasting impact i guess depending on what those who remained unchanged do. i thought the fight scenes were actually pretty good--unworthy thor got some real love imo. overall, not a terrible event i didn't think. revolutions though--THAT was terrible....

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 04:33 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by Bentley
Somehow Cyclops will end up as Apocalypse thumb up

Either him or Havoc, whatever pisses Pr the most I guess

Havok has been consistently outperforming Cyclops the last 10 years, so probably him wink

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 04:58 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I just read the main series and it was God awful. It was Bendis tier garbage with too many characters to build any sort of real moments on. Not that it can't be accomplished but it sure as shit wasn't here.

The whole thing felt disconnected as shit though even in the same issues, the next panel of the same sequence even. Turrible stuff.

I don't know if the tie ins made it better but what 9 issues shouldn't have to rely on ties to be not utter shit.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 12:25 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been catching up on this event, Finished the Carnage mini..i liked it

as for the main book currently up to book 5.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 11:51 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The original pitch for Axis

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...inal-axis-pitch

quote:
Asked if he was able to do everything he wanted to in the series, Remender stated that at first, he wanted the event to be called "Inversion." "Where the villains become the heroes, and the heroes become the villains -- but the world doesn't know this. So while the world still trusts the Avengers, the Avengers are tearing things apart. The villains who they don't trust are trying to save the world -- that's the original pitch."

Damn you Marvel.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 12:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He would have still f*cked it up. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 02:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Sounds a little too similar to Dark Reign.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 02:46 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Galan007
He would have still f*cked it up. thumb up

Except if he did it his way it wouldn't have been some big event story.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:30 AM