KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Abomination vs Superman

Abomination vs Superman
Started by: pym-ftw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Sorrow
That's a bit of a reach imo. Hulk is more adept at absorbing radiation yet it still weakened him. It wasn't stated exactly what type of radiation it was iirc, it certainly wasn't solar energy though.

Not really. Doomsday was stated to kill anybody else on planet in ten minutes and dissolved diana's magical sword in seconds. Superman still fought him extensively and tore him in half while heavily weakened. The same doomsday tore phantom zone in half, killed dozens of kryptonians, beat the shit out of Mongul and broke Diana's arms with a single punch. Abomination isn't that powerful.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 04:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

@Delta

Absorbing Solar Radiation =/= all the elements of solar radiation. I mean we know he doesnt absorb white light radiation or else he would appear as a black spot in comics.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:48 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by pym-ftw
he would appear as a black spot in comics.

Let's not pretend the artists respect physics that much.

Kal wtf-pwns Abom.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:59 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You all are stretching with this radiation thing. If anything it would or baby weaken Superman. Captain Marvel absorbs EVERYTHING from a Black hole, to the sun, along with absorbing super humans powers as well and Abomination powers were weakening her. Superman doesn't have fts anywhere CLOSE to her absorption abilities. With that said, it depends on which version of Abomination we are talking about here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by carver9
You all are stretching with this radiation thing. If anything it would or baby weaken Superman. Captain Marvel absorbs EVERYTHING from a Black hole, to the sun, along with absorbing super humans powers as well and Abomination powers were weakening her. Superman doesn't have fts anywhere CLOSE to her absorption abilities. With that said, it depends on which version of Abomination we are talking about here.

People were talking about Sunspot though, not Carol.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by pym-ftw
@Delta

Absorbing Solar Radiation =/= all the elements of solar radiation. I mean we know he doesnt absorb white light radiation or else he would appear as a black spot in comics.

Considering I said "it's not a stretch" and not "he will for sure," what's your point exactly? Also, I thought you had me on ignore?

I'd tell you to stop being so dense, but that would be telling you to stop being yourself. An impossibility.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:27 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Bentley
People were talking about Sunspot though, not Carol.

Ironman said "you both have the power to absorb radiation". Doesn't sound like a singular statement to me.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...55e87b.png.html

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 25th, 2014 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:31 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Delta1938
Considering I said "it's not a stretch" and not "he will for sure," what's your point exactly? Also, I thought you had me on ignore?

I'd tell you to stop being so dense, but that would be telling you to stop being yourself. An impossibility.

So DCNU Superman absorption fts are better than Carols?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:32 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I'm talking about you in general. So, your reply is an example.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:35 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm talking about you in general. So, your reply is an example.

Lol...so you're getting off topic?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:36 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Lol...so you're getting off topic?

Now it is that I've had to explain myself. But not my initial post.

And now that I have your attention, what happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:38 AM
DarkSaint85

Ironman said "you both have the power to absorb radiation". Doesn't sound like a singular statement to me.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...55e87b.png.html

Lol my point was, which people have forgotten , is that I've only ever seen Sunspot, as his name suggest, absorb and fire solar radiation.

If people have scans of him doing a Spectrum and absorbing other kinds of rads, fine by me.

But if all he has done is solar radiation, then him doing it to Abom is strongly hinting at.....well, that its solar in nature.

Iron Man saying he has the ability to absorb radiation isn't wrong, and it adds nothing to the discussion.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:25 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

In terms of solar rads, yes.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:26 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol my point was, which people have forgotten , is that I've only ever seen Sunspot, as his name suggest, absorb and fire solar radiation.

If people have scans of him doing a Spectrum and absorbing other kinds of rads, fine by me.

But if all he has done is solar radiation, then him doing it to Abom is strongly hinting at.....well, that its solar in nature.

Iron Man saying he has the ability to absorb radiation isn't wrong, and it adds nothing to the discussion.

In that same scan they state it was gamma radiation.

confused

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:26 AM
carver9

In terms of solar rads, yes.

So Superman heat vision can amp Hulk or Abomination?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:27 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

confused

The Sun does produce gamma radiation, although not much. So if it's gamma, it's not a stretch to say Superman(Pre or Post-FLASHPOINT) could absorb it and get an amp.

The Sun projects a wide array of energy.

Who knows? And are you going to tell me what happened to you in the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:33 AM
DarkSaint85

confused

The sun produces gamma too. confused

I thought hitting Hulk with pure gamma amps him confused

I just haven't seen that much of Sunspot. He's a niche character. All I've seen is him working with solar radiation (which has gamma). All his bios state he only works with solar rads....like I said, he's no Spectrum.

So just get a scan proving he does more than solar. Simple, right?

Lol and as for your question about whether Superman's HV amping Hulk/abomination.....Comparing apples and cars. Lol.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:33 AM
carver9

The sun produces gamma too. confused

I thought hitting Hulk with pure gamma amps him confused

I just haven't seen that much of Sunspot. He's a niche character. All I've seen is him working with solar radiation (which has gamma). All his bios state he only works with solar rads....like I said, he's no Spectrum.

So just get a scan proving he does more than solar. Simple, right?

Lol and as for your question about whether Superman's HV amping Hulk/abomination.....Comparing apples and cars. Lol.

Glad we agree heat vision will amp Abomination and Abomination energy will amp Superman. How strong would Abomination radiation make Superman. The last time he amped off solar energy and was glowing all red, he said that he could destroy a mountain. That wouldn't even tickle someone like Abomination.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:38 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Glad we agree heat vision will amp Abomination and Abomination energy will amp Superman. How strong would Abomination radiation make Superman. The last time he amped off solar energy and was glowing all red, he said that he could destroy a mountain. That wouldn't even tickle someone like Abomination.

He didn't. He said you comparing heat vision to gamma radiation is comparing apples to cars. And where are you on the Superman vs Wonder Woman thread, zeta male?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:42 AM
Bentley
Seitei

So now Hulk amps with Gamma radiation? I've seen versions of Hulk killed by that same radiation, as if it were their kryptonite.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:42 AM