KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
You are ignoring so much from the elevator scene and the street fight with Winter Soldier scene.
The elevator scene was actually a plus for cap. Taking on multiple trained men in a tight area. Those men were also his friends he didnt want to kill them , he was holding back. He was handcuffed with magnetic cuff and electrocuted and he still beat their assess.
Ozy would be ko'ed if he got tazed like cap did.
In the street scene you ignored how WS punches cracked the street when he missed Cap. The same punches that were pounding on Caps face in the end scene.
You also missed the speed they were fighting at. That their blows were sending each other flying. Caps blow send WS into the side of a van denting it. later WS cut the van open with a knife.
Lowballing aside ill ask again...

I know slow-mo effects look cool and make punches and kicks look way more powerful than they are but that doesn't mean they automatically are super human. In that case Leonidis from 300 is also super human.

Prove that Ozy would have been koed by the tazer.

Ozy put his hands behind his back and still dodged and beat the breaks out of someone that poops on those fighters in the elevator.

What speed? Also, no one said Cap is weak. He isn't weak at all but Ozy strength will hurt him.

Look at Ozy fights again. It's obvious he is super human.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:19 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by carver9
Ozy is obviously faster, better fighter and has super strength. With enough blows, yes, he can put Cap down. Cap isn't indestructible ya know. Especially against someone with Ozy strength who kicks were sending people across the room. Who was effortlessly picking people up and tossing them great distance.

Who said anything about slow mo? Ozy was untouchable, period. Experts couldn't land a single lick on him, while he was holding back. The two he fought was his friends as well and they couldn't touch him whereas a partial trained guy who wouldn't even register to someone like Ozy got two good licks in on Cap. Do you not see the difference here? Ozy allowed an EXPERT to pick up a blade and swing it at him and the guy couldn't even land a lick, Ozy dodge it all. Ozy had his back turned to two Super humans and allowed them to swing at him and they couldn't land a lick but an average fighter was able to electrocute Captain America twice. The skill and speed is on two different levels and I don't know how you can sit here and deny this.

Winter soldier giving Cap a fight doesn't mean that he could do the same to Ozy. What that means is Ozy would make short work of Winter Soldier as well.

Wow...Winter Soldier made a small dent in concrete. Whoop de doo. Ozy trashed someone that could do the same and caught his punch like it was nothing. Blitzed him before he was able to turn around and fire his weapon.

Cap is way above Ozy . What proof do you have that Ozy can put down Cap. Fancy dodging? You mention Ozy sending people flying and such. I think it was more to do with slow mo enhancing, what whatever. Nothing Cap hasnt dealt with before, and failed to put him down. I still dont get how you can sit there and tell me Ozy >>>> a legit super powered person like WS & multiple bullets from a fire arm.

quote:
Now again, what proof do you have that Cap can just tank the beating Ozy is going to give him? At least now you realize Cap isn't above Ozy.

I just posted the proof. There is no way a debatable super powered person is going to equal more damage than a legit super powered person PLUS multiple bullets from a fire arm AND still fail to put cap down.

Now i realize Cap isnt above Ozy? seriously what?!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:23 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Prove that Ozy would have been koed by the tazer.

So you are saying OZY has a healing factor now too? Or some sort of super human durability?

what makes you think that? You were just saying how no one could land a hand on him , so what durability feats does he have?

A tazer should incapacitate any human, even a debatable super human(with no durability feats). Let alone 2 tazes while handcuffed.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:26 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Cap is way above Ozy . What proof do you have that Ozy can put down Cap. Fancy dodging? You mention Ozy sending people flying and such. I think it was more to do with slow mo enhancing, what whatever. Nothing Cap hasnt dealt with before, and failed to put him down. I still dont get how you can sit there and tell me Ozy >>>> a legit super powered person like WS & multiple bullets from a fire arm.

I just posted the proof. There is no way a debatable super powered person is going to equal more damage than a legit super powered person PLUS multiple bullets from a fire arm AND still fail to put cap down.

Now i realize Cap isnt above Ozy? seriously what?!

Ozy has the speed advantage. Ozy has the skill advantage. Comparable strength. Cap only advantage is his damage soak.

What's debatable about Ozy being super human? You are the only one that is saying that a guy that is tossing people across the room with ease with kicks and punches isn't super human. Someone that caught the punch of another person that easily punched through concrete. I guess that means Winter Soldier isn't Super human either.

Again, Cap would have a hard time even tagging Ozy when a person that took down a room filled with Prisoners 'without getting touched' (remember, Cap got shocked TWICE by a sucky person) couldn't touch Ozy WHILE HIS BACK WAS TURNED. Look at the clips again please.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So you are saying OZY has a healing factor now too? Or some sort of super human durability?

what makes you think that? You were just saying how no one could land a hand on him , so what durability feats does he have?

A tazer should incapacitate any human, even a debatable super human(with no durability feats). Let alone 2 tazes while handcuffed.

I honestly don't need to prove that since we both know that guy wouldn't even hit Ozy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:35 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ozy has the speed advantage. Ozy has the skill advantage. Comparable strength. Cap only advantage is his damage soak.

What's debatable about Ozy being super human? You are the only one that is saying that a guy that is tossing people across the room with ease with kicks and punches isn't super human. Someone that caught the punch of another person that easily punched through concrete. I guess that means Winter Soldier isn't Super human either.

Again, Cap would have a hard time even tagging Ozy when a person that took down a room filled with Prisoners 'without getting touched' (remember, Cap got shocked TWICE by a sucky person) couldn't touch Ozy WHILE HIS BACK WAS TURNED. Look at the clips again please.

"Cap got shocked twice" Did you miss the part that he was in an elevator?! AND full of other guys fighting him, further cramping up the limited space. Not much any person can do to dodge in that situation.
Even if i agree that OZY is super human. Cap is above him. So is WS. I dont see OZY lifting a motorcycle with 3 girls on it with ease. I dont see OZY ripping car doors off. I dont see OZY punching in reinforced submarine glass.
So no I dont think OZY is close to Cap even if we agree OZY is a bit super human.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:39 AM
carver9

Comedian is punching through Concrete, etc...and Ozy is treating him like trash. Even caught his fist with ease while showing skills I've never seen from Cap. Dodging Comedian hits point blank.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTsFOqSaub8

Some people are clearly overating Cap.

Look at this fight. Look how close comedian is to Ozy when he was swinging his his knife at Ozy who was effortlessly dodging it. Comedian would kill that guy that shock Cap twice with one hit as soon as the fight started. No contest but yet, he was able to tag Cap twice. Comedian, even though he is skilled, could not land a single hit on Ozy when they were almost at hugging distance. With that said, no, the guy who shocked Cap, he would not hit Ozy, even if his pinky toe was gone.

I seen the elevator scene and I also seen what Ozy done to people that took out groups of psychos with ease. You could have added another another Owlman against Ozy and it still would have been a stomp whereas you are posting Cap having fights against people that Comedian and Owlman would trash. Don't even have to use Ozy.

I don't care about Ozy Replicating those strength fts. What I care about is the fact that Ozy strength would hurt Cap and with the beating Cap is going to received from Ozy, he will eventually fall. Even though Mike Tyson possess more muscle and is possibly stronger than Bruce Lee, Bruce would destroy him in a fight.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:50 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Look at this fight. Look how close comedian is to Ozy when he was swinging his his knife at Ozy who was effortlessly dodging it. Comedian would kill that guy that shock Cap twice with one hit as soon as the fight started. No contest but yet, he was able to tag Cap twice. Comedian, even though he is skilled, could not land a single hit on Ozy when they were almost at hugging distance. With that said, no, he would not hit Ozy, even if his pinky toe was gone.

Comedian was caught off guard. Was out of shape, was drinking.

quote:
I seen the elevator scene and I also seen what Ozy done to people that took out groups of psychos with ease. You could have added another another Owlman against Ozy and it still would have been a stomp whereas you are posting Cap having fights against people that Comedian and Owlman would trash. Don't even have to use Ozy.

Nightowl would get his ass beat if he was in that elevator with all those hydra guys AND handcuffed like Cap was AND tazed a couple times. So would OZY.

quote:
I don't care about Ozy Replicating those strength fts. What I care about is the fact that Ozy strength would hurt Cap and with the beating Cap is going to received from Ozy, he will eventually fall. Even though Mike Tyson possess more muscle and is possibly stronger than Bruce Lee, Bruce would destroy him in a fight.

You dont have any proof OZYs blows would hurt Cap when he has taken hits from far stronger people.
And Cap will eventually land a hit. No one in the watchmen movie (besides dr.M) was as strong or had Caps super human abilities. So there is no way you can tell me cap wouldn't land a hit because night owl , rosarch and old out of shape comedian couldn't. Thats dumb.
Those 3 are comparable to batroc, black widow, jason statham (transporter), or hawkeye and CAP would own them.
and yes they are comparable. They would clear out those inmates the same way and it would look the same with slow motion "snyder" type effects.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:03 AM
carver9

Comedian was caught off guard. Was out of shape, was drinking.

Nightowl would get his ass beat if he was in that elevator with all those hydra guys AND handcuffed like Cap was AND tazed a couple times. So would OZY.

You dont have any proof OZYs blows would hurt Cap when he has taken hits from far stronger people.
And Cap will eventually land a hit. No one in the watchmen movie (besides dr.M) was as strong or had Caps super human abilities. So there is no way you can tell me cap wouldn't land a hit because night owl , rosarch and old out of shape comedian couldn't. Thats dumb.
Those 3 are comparable to batroc, black widow, jason statham (transporter), and CAP would own them.
and yes they are comparable. They would clear out those inmates the same way and it would look the same with slow motion "snyder" type effects. [/B]

How was he caught off guard? Ozy kicked the door down and stared at comedian. Comedian then grab a cup and a pistol and still got stomped.

Comedian had one drink that he didn't even finish. He was not intoxicated. You are full of excuses.

Out of shape? The guy showed skill and punched through freaking concrete and a wall like nothing. If you call that out of shape then I don't know what to tell you.

What scene did Owl have that proves he would've been defeated in the elevator? If anything, he has the opposite since he took on a much bigger group in a confined area while holding back. I'll still be waiting on the scenes though.

laughing out loud you're clearly trolling. What scenes does Black Widow, Batroc, etc have that puts them on Owl level? When you prove they are on his level, then we can over to Ozy.

Again, Ozy is much faster and a better fighter. Cap isn't indestructible and Ozy can knock him out.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:20 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

How was he caught off guard? Ozy kicked the door down and stared at comedian. Comedian then grab a cup and a pistol and still got stomped.

Comedian had one drink that he didn't even finish. He was not intoxicated. You are full of excuses.

Out of shape? The guy showed skilled and punched through freaking concrete and a wall like nothing. If you call that out of shape then I don't know what to tell you.

What scene did Owl have that proves he would've been defeated in the elevator? If anything, he has the opposite since he took on a much bigger group in a confined area while holding back. I'll still be waiting on the scenes though.

laughing out loud you're clearly trolling. What scenes does Black Widow, Batroc, etc have that puts them on Owl level? When you prove they are on his level, then we can over to Ozy.

Again, Ozy is much faster and a better fighter. Cap isn't indestructible and Ozy can knock him out.

lel. you are the one trolling or are seriously over-hyping the watchmen.
Comedian even if not out of shape or drunk didnt display any type of uber skill that would indicate he was a match for a top of the food chain martial artist and some who is also peak human.

next elevator scene.
So let me get this straight. You are saying that nightowl or ozy would do just fine if they were in that elevator (confined space) FULL of trained men, HANDCUFFED and TAZED a couple times.
this has to be a trolling. laughing
Pro tip: inmates have sh1t skill level skills compared to hydra agents

what puts black widow on nightowls level?

she can take the same inmates in a similar fashion as nightowl did.
If you dont see this then YOU are the one that is trolling.
again. It will look the same way that the nightowl scene looked if you add the "snyder" slo mo.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 07:36 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:33 AM
carver9

lel. you are the one trolling or are seriously over-hyping the watchmen.
Comedian even if not out of shape or drunk didnt display any type of uber skill that would indicate he was a match for a top of the food chain martial artist and some who is also peak human.

next elevator scene.
So let me get this straight. You are saying that nightowl or ozy would do just fine if they were in that elevator (confined space) FULL of trained men, HANDCUFFED and TAZED a couple times.
this has to be a trolling. laughing
Pro tip: inmates have sh1t skill level skills compared to hydra agents

what puts black widow on nightowls level.

she can take the same inmates in a similar fashion as nightowl did.
If you dont see this then YOU are the one that is trolling.
again. It will look the same way that the nightowl scene looked if you add the "snyder" slo mo.

Uuuuummmm, Comedian was an expert fighter. Are you saying the person in the elevator that tagged Cap twice can beat Comedian?

WTF. Who hit Ozy or Owl for you to think those scrubs in the elevator could hit them, let alone taze them, etc? You have an entire movie to help you with this question. Again, can we stop with the hide and seek game here. I'm posting evidence whereas you're...

What skill did the hydro men show?

laughing out loud Widow used Gadgets during those scenes and fought majority of the one on one while using gadgets. Nightowl fought all of those people at once with his fist. Those inmates would overwhelm her, trash her tbh. Your scenes are lol worthy. Can someone help this guy out? He needs a partner.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:45 AM
carver9

Gone to bed...will respond tomorrow. SMH.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:46 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

clearly trolling at this point lel

you are calling the hydra agents scrubs when the prison scene is nothing special.
Those inmates were garbage. Pretty much all of them running into their fists and kicks. they were not fighting with any uber speed as well. Whats so special about that scene that widow, hawkeye, couldnt replicate? also they were 2 of them fighting those skill-less inmates.

No normal person short of maybe spiderman would not get hit once in an elevator FULL of people wanting to take you out. AGAIN: pay attention. CONFINED SPACE. FULL OF ENEMIES. there is no way they (ozy or nightowl) will not get tagged.
You are asking for proof they will not get tagged? give me proof that nightowl or OZY have spiderman type speed because anything short of that they will get hit in that situation. The clips of the prison fight or the final fight are not proof they will not get hit in a confined area full of enemies.
The bullet scene is also misleading because OZY had plenty of warning time to react. Still impressive but not spiderman level bullet timing.

The funny thing is that im still responding even though I know im being trolled.
Should have stopped the minute you said Nightowl was super human laughing out loud

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 08:31 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:17 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I love how Carver is massively lowballing Rumlow, calling him a "sucky" person (and apparently partially trained), when we know that he is in fact a highly skilled Hydra agent. He then goes on about how Nite Owl and Silk Spectre beating a bunch of nameless inmate cannon fodder is somehow some amazing feat that Hawkeye and Window couldn't replicate. And then asks what skills trained agents show for the elevator feat to be considered valid. So trying to hype up a feat featuring rioting inmates while trying to lowball Cap's elevator feat.

Also, Comedian has not displayed any skill or speed feats superior to Shield agents. He had a lot of brute strength, but he relied mostly on throwing sluggish haymakers at Ozymandias. Carver is demanding feats for others, but making claims about Comedian's skills without providing any proof in return (because his fight with Ozy does not show any impressive skill, just strength and damage soak). And the Watchmen fights aren't that blindingly fast in anyways. In fact, if you compare the WS fights featuring Cap and the Watchmen fights featuring Ozy, Cap's fights arguably seem faster.

Also, this claim about Ozymandias holding back against Nite Owl and Rorschach. Based on what? He makes it very clear that he will do whatever it takes to see his plans succeed. He gave innocents cancer, killed Comedian (along with multiple others), tried to kill Manhattan etc. So you have no proof whatsoever that he was holding back, when his entire character and approach to his plans imply the opposite. Also, based on what was Nite Owl holding back during the prison scene? And taking on one or two inmates at a time, in a fairly narrow corridor, is not the same as being surrounded in a cramped elevator by armed agents.

Based on their actual shown fighting speed, Ozymandias doesn't have much of (if any) edge there. WS Cap also has plenty of fighting skill going for him, so Ozy doesn't dominate that area either. And no one has yet to provide any proof that Ozy can dish out more damage than Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Loki, Chitauri blasters, multi-storey falls... seeing as none of those actually put Cap down.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 27th, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:06 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Quarver9 lol

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:05 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seymourwal

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I love how Carver is massively lowballing Rumlow, calling him a "sucky" person (and apparently partially trained), when we know that he is in fact a highly skilled Hydra agent. He then goes on about how Nite Owl and Silk Spectre beating a bunch of nameless inmate cannon fodder is somehow some amazing feat that Hawkeye and Window couldn't replicate. And then asks what skills trained agents show for the elevator feat to be considered valid. So trying to hype up a feat featuring rioting inmates while trying to lowball Cap's elevator feat.

Also, Comedian has not displayed any skill or speed feats superior to Shield agents. He had a lot of brute strength, but he relied mostly on throwing sluggish haymakers at Ozymandias. Carver is demanding feats for others, but making claims about Comedian's skills without providing any proof in return (because his fight with Ozy does not show any impressive skill, just strength and damage soak). And the Watchmen fights aren't that blindingly fast in anyways. In fact, if you compare the WS fights featuring Cap and the Watchmen fights featuring Ozy, Cap's fights arguably seem faster.

Also, this claim about Ozymandias holding back against Nite Owl and Rorschach. Based on what? He makes it very clear that he will do whatever it takes to see his plans succeed. He gave innocents cancer, killed Comedian (along with multiple others), tried to kill Manhattan etc. So you have no proof whatsoever that he was holding back, when his entire character and approach to his plans imply the opposite. Also, based on what was Nite Owl holding back during the prison scene? And taking on one or two inmates at a time, in a fairly narrow corridor, is not the same as being surrounded in a cramped elevator by armed agents.

Based on their actual shown fighting speed, Ozymandias doesn't have much of (if any) edge there. WS Cap also has plenty of fighting skill going for him, so Ozy doesn't dominate that area either. And no one has yet to provide any proof that Ozy can dish out more damage than Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Loki, Chitauri blasters, multi-storey falls... seeing as none of those actually put Cap down.

literally everything to the tee this guy just said

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 03:48 AM
seymourwal is currently offline Click here to Send seymourwal a Private Message Find more posts by seymourwal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seymourwal

Originally posted by Lestov16
Quarver9 lol

and this for kicks

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 03:49 AM
seymourwal is currently offline Click here to Send seymourwal a Private Message Find more posts by seymourwal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is not a stretch to think Ozy would just roll over for Cap. Putting down Rorschach and Nite Owl like rag dolls is no sorts of a easy task prior to this, they were both previous wiping the floor with people in the prison and cops like nothing, then they go up against Ozy and he one shots them both numerous times and plays with them like toys.

If you look at this scene and examine each feat, the power behind his punches and kicks, his extreme reflexes, jumping distance, crushing concrete when landing, tossing people across the room. They did not even land a single finger on him. Nothing would have stopped him besides DM.
When it comes down to it, its who you like more.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 04:33 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
This is not a stretch to think Ozy would just roll over for Cap. Putting down Rorschach and Nite Owl like rag dolls is no sorts of a easy task prior to this, they were both previous wiping the floor with people in the prison and cops like nothing, then they go up against Ozy and he one shots them both numerous times and plays with them like toys.

If you look at this scene and examine each feat, the power behind his punches and kicks, his extreme reflexes, jumping distance, crushing concrete when landing, tossing people across the room. They did not even land a single finger on him. Nothing would have stopped him besides DM.
When it comes down to it, its who you like more.

Ozy was certainly impressive.
But like it has been said A few times in this thread...
Rorschach and Nite Owl I would put in the same category as black widow and hawkeye in fighting skills. The people in the prison were just random fodder TBO. widow and hawkeye would have done the same.
I can see Cap toying with widow and hawkeye the same way Ozy toyed with Rorschach and Nite Owl.
OZY does seem to posses above peak human feats. Lets say I place Ozy in the same category as Red Skull and Winter Soldier (maybe being a bit generous but ok).
Non of those guy's was able to put Cap down. Winter Soldier came close AND it was only because WS shot cap 3 or 4 times with a fire arm AND then Cap stopped fighting back because he didnt want to harm/kill his friend Bucky. Thats why WS was pounding on his face over and over. But event hat didnt KO Cap.
So if anyone is saying Ozy has a chance then we have to accept Ozy is above Winter Soldier and Red Skull. When I was being generous in the first place in putting him in their category.
I just dont think Ozy has the damage output to take out Cap. Also Cap can humiliate people like Rorschach and Nite Owl just like Ozy did.
He did it to crossbones, batroc, actual trained hydra agents, etc.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 04:58 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh Im not saying he would win, but I don't think Ozy would be a doormat as some think. Cap has had trouble with people before, Red Skull, Batroc, WS, people in those high meta brackets. Cap will take the win but he will have to work for it.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 05:03 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote