KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Cap does that too, he also punches through reinforced submarine glass, holds a motorcycle w/3 women above his head etc.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:13 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude...not this.

The thread is only 2 pages long. Just read the thread. erm

Hey, Nemebro, how come you're not calling out people for shit like the above? no expression

its been a while since i last saw Watchmen (I really liked the film BTW). anyhow you said strength feats right? So are Ozy's feats better than:

- Lifting a motorcycle with a girl (or was it 2 or 3?) on top effortlessly
- ripping car doors off
- busting through reinforced submarine glass
- tossing people like ragdolls
- jumping 2 to 3X the length of what a normal person jumps
- Taking punches from another super powered person (red skull)

this is just from Cap's first movie, and i forgot a few feats from that movie as well.

I can continue with his Avengers and Cap 2 feats if you want.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:15 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Cap does that too,

Guys, according to Silent Master's logic, Captain America is just as strong as Superman because they both send "guys flying" with strikes.

Mystery solved: Captain America is Superman.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:17 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nice attempt at a strawman, I also notice that you didn't comment on any of the other strength feats that were mentioned.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:21 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Nice attempt at a strawman, I also notice that you didn't comment on any of the other strength feats that were mentioned.

Nope, nope...it is the implications of what you said. It's okay, you've settled all the arguments: Steve Rogers IS Kal El. smile

Edit -

To prove it is not a strawman, all I have to do is change names in your statement. Watch:

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Hulk does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Sasquatch does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Hyperion does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Wonder Woman does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Thing does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Abomination does that too,

If you're talking about Ozy sending people flying with attacks, Iron Man does that too,

Do you see what you've done, now? Do you see why what you said is silly? smile

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 27th, 2014 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
Nope, nope...it is the implications of what you said. It's okay, you've settled all the arguments: Steve Rogers IS Kal El. smile

It's not even close to what I was implying, but keep strawmanning rather than dealing with the listed feats.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:33 AM
dadudemon

It's not even close to what I was implying, but keep strawmanning rather than dealing with the listed feats.

Go read my edit: it doesn't even come close to a strawman.

You just said something stupid: plain and simple. smile

Deal with it, admit your error, and then revisit that same point. But, this time, recognize the differences and acknowledge the superiority of Ozymandias' feats instead of ignoring them. If you want to equivocate Ozy's feats with Captain America's without acknowledging part of Ozy's feats (just to be right), then don't expect to be taken seriously.

Again, with these exchanges, you have invariably proved your inability to keep up with me. I'm thinking about just ignoring stuff you post (not actually using the ignore feature but just ignoring your contributions). You really don't add much and your debating abilities suck so horribly that any type of dialogue with you is a waste of time. You can't...like...follow stuff. It's like trying to communicate with a small child. Do you know what I mean? I don't know if that is part of your troll-schtick or if you're genuinely child-like. My assumption is the former. According to others, you've toned it down a bit but it's still there.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:38 AM
carver9

Comedian is punching through Concrete, etc...and Ozy is treating him like trash. Even caught his fist with ease while showing skills I've never seen from Cap. Dodging Comedian hits point blank.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTsFOqSaub8

Some people are clearly overating Cap.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:43 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It's a strawman because Cap actually knocked people around the same distance as Ozy, the people you're listing have the strength to send people hundreds of times further.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:43 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by carver9
Comedian is punching through Concrete, etc...and Ozy is treating him like trash. Even caught his fist with ease while showing skills I've never seen from Cap.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTsFOqSaub8

Some people are clearly overating Cap.

So you think Ozy can replicate all the feats that Cap did in Cap, Cap2 and avengers?

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:47 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Inhuman
So you think Ozy can replicate all the feats that Cap did in Cap, Cap2 and avengers?

With the shield, he will do much better imo. A skill Super human couldn't even touch him. Also, Cap had a hard time with Loki skills and Loki wouldn't even touch Ozy, even with his weapon.

Unless of course, you have some speed fts. Ozy walked through skilled people like they were nothing and appeared to be toying with them. People that would give Cap a run for his money.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:50 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

With the shield, he will do much better imo. A skill Super human couldn't even touch him. Also, Cap had a hard time with Loki skills and Loki wouldn't even touch Ozy, even with his weapon.

Unless of course, you have some speed fts. Ozy walked through skilled people like they were nothing and appeared to be toying with them. People that would give Cap a run for his money.

from the video

from 1:10 to 1:20 on that video there were just standing next to each other trading blows like brawlers. yeah Ozy was faster but it wasnt crazy martial arts or anything.
The punch that goes through the wall is clearly dry wall.
Comedian was slow as **** too.

Impressive fight for OZy. mostly for his speed, but nothing out of the ordinary for a good martial artist. Also the fight was further enhanced by slow motion effects to make it look cooler.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:52 AM
carver9

also from 1:10 to 1:20 on that video there were just standing next to each other trading blows like brawlers. yeah Ozy was faster but it wasnt crazy martial arts or anything.
The punch that goes through the wall is clearly dry wall.

Impressive fight for OZy. mostly for his speed, but nothing out of the ordinary for a good martial artist. Also the fight was further enhanced by slow motion effects to make it look cooler.

Where were they trading blows. Comedian couldn't even land a lick. That fight was total annihilation.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:52 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Where were they trading blows. Comedian couldn't even land a lick. That fight was total annihilation.

Comedian was slow as fuq in that fight. out of shape, he was caught by surprise, he was drunk, whatever. He looked slow.
I already said Ozy has impressive speed. thats about it. And he is a great fighter. But nothing that i see Cap not handling.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:55 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Loki wouldn't even touch Ozy, even with his weapon

lol seriously? did you see Loki fighting the ice giants , or fighting Thor in thor part1?
You think loki was going all out when he fought cap?
also loki isnt a brawler.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:59 AM
carver9

Comedian was slow as fuq in that fight. out of shape, he was caught by surprise, he was drunk, whatever. He looked slow.
I already said Ozy has impressive speed. thats about it. And he is a great fighter. But nothing that i see Cap not handling.

Cap never showed skill like that. Let's add to this.

Ozy takes on two skilled opponents. He even block some of their attacks without even looking at them and is kicking and punching them across the room. With ease.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

Complete annihilation without getting touched yet again. One of those guys ran through a prison full of guys without getting touched and with a smile of his face.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0SarFs60w

And he was partnered with a guy that is just as good and again, Ozy treated them like trash. You are overating Cap my friend.

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:59 AM
carver9

lol seriously? did you see Loki fighting the ice giants , or fighting Thor in thor part1?
You think loki was going all out when he fought cap?
also loki isnt a brawler.

So you got some speed showing for Loki to make you think he is even close to the fighting skill and speed Ozy showed? I seen the Ice Giant showings but what parts of that fight compares to Ozy combat speed and skill?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:01 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Cap never showed skill like that. Let's add to this.

Ozy takes on two skilled opponents. He even block some of there attacks without even looking at them and is kicking and punching them across the room. With ease.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

Complete annihilation without getting touched yet again. One of those guys ran through a prison full of guys without getting touched and with a smile of his face.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0SarFs60w

And he was partnered with a guy that is just as good and again, Ozy treated him like trash. You are overating Cap my friend.

Cap would have disposed of those 2 with ease as well. whats your point?
With a non holding back Cap, 1 punch would be all it took to KO or kill those 2

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:02 AM
carver9

Cap would have disposed of those 2 with ease as well. whats your point?
With a non holding back Cap, 1 punch would be all it took to KO or kill those 2

SMH. Based off what showing? He wasn't even one punching those men in the elevator. WTF man.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:09 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

SMH. Based off what showing? He wasn't even one punching those men in the elevator. WTF man.

I said non holding back Cap. you think he was trying to kill any of those men?
Lets say Cap had to fight 2 batrocs. He could take them out both at the same time. After Cap got serious he pretty much 1 shotted Batroc (a person that showed great fighting skill)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:18 AM