KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Super Saiyan Broly VS Thor

Super Saiyan Broly VS Thor
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Read the post where I posted the scans and you might find out.

I've read the entire fight with Gorr plenty of times, and it it is a complete stretch.

Thor blasts/knocks him light years away, linearly.

They follow, linearly, Gorr can sense their presence, magic/godly energy that he feeds on and all that, he throws chunks of moon at them in the only direction they are coming from...straight on.

He had seconds to react to them following the attack, to start throwing chunks at them. That's not a miniscule amount of time at all.

Maybe if the Thors dodged the chunks flying at them while they were travelling FTL, then it would be something, but they got hit by the first one, and then stopped to assess that 'hey, that guy seems to be throwing moon chunks at us'.

FTL in space is a trope by and large.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:27 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Every blast that comes his way comes with ftl speed... and he absorbs or redicrects them

But be my guest and show me a single lifting feat that puts a DBZ char above Thor?

The best I saw was a quarter or part of a city where a SSJ4 Goku had trouble holding it up. DBZ chars are strong with energy projection but weak physically compared to real heralds.

Broly crushed a freaking near indestructible space craft with his bare hands (that had his father it a and threw it out of orbit effortlessly with one arm. Get out of here. Then that's not including him punching Goku through mountains.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:30 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Haha, "planets".

I'd clear more distance walking to the closest Walmart to my house than I would walking those planets' circumference.

Goku in his base state slowed down a massive island? When's that? The anime I'd imagine, since no lifting feat nearly that good exists in the manga. The anime is also noncanon by the way, but so is Broly, so arguably anime feats could apply to him.

It's funny, for all people talk about the "striking strength" of DBZ characters (Who aren't FTL until the time of Battle of Gods), no one here has even mentioned the best one in the manga, which I horde in secret like a kid at fat camp does a candybar.

This is the anime we are discussing

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Broly- Super Saiyan

(please log in to view the image)

VS

Thor

(please log in to view the image)

NO BFR

1) To K.O.
2) TO THE DEATH!
Get this crap out of the CBvF.

Moved.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:37 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What does this mean? Not only can Mjolnir draw in energy and absorb it from all directions but Thor is more then capable of reacting to energy blasts.

Lol, common.

You aren't even trying here man.

What is means is blasts at super speed will be coming at Thor from 'all angles'. He has never shown the ability to react to something like that. Do you need examples?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:38 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by carver9
No one is denying that Mjlonir will allow Thor to fly faster than light or Ironman boosters allows him to fly FTL or Firelord staff allows him to TRAVEL at light speed. Wait a minute, do you know the difference between travel and combat speed?
Do you? I'm not talking about travel speed, I'm talking about this part:

"Gorr can of course track their massively FTL movement and attacks them as they approach. Guess what that means? Guess what it means when they easily react to it? "

If you're moving one direction and something intersects with your path perpendicularly, there is only a very brief window where you're within reach to hit that thing with a hammer. Thor did this at massively FTL speeds.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:38 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Vilgax sliced a spaceship in half while travelling FTL. Does not obviously have FTL reflexes. (As much as I would like him to).

The Green Lantern Corp was able to react to the incoming Amazo who was travelling at FTL speeds in Justice League Unlimited, obviously they don't have FTL reflexes.

Deriving reaction speeds from an abused trope like FTL space flight is not reliable by itself.

Now had the narration explicitly stated something like 'they traded blows in the femtosecond window of time they had while they criss-crossed each other', then that would be irrefutable.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:57 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Vilgax sliced a spaceship in half while travelling FTL. Does not obviously have FTL reflexes. (As much as I would like him to).

The Green Lantern Corp was able to react to the incoming Amazo who was travelling at FTL speeds in Justice League Unlimited, obviously they don't have FTL reflexes.

Deriving reaction speeds from an abused trope like FTL space flight is not reliable by itself.

Now had the narration explicitly stated something like 'they traded blows in the femtosecond window of time they had while they criss-crossed each other', then that would be irrefutable.

Thank you! I'm glad someone finally f**king gets it!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:02 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Did you give up Carv? sad

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:25 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Your deflectiion won't work!

BROLY or Thor?

CHOOSE!

Don't make me kill you...

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:35 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I've read the entire fight with Gorr plenty of times, and it it is a complete stretch.

It's only a stretch because Thor having FTL feats like Superman makes you uncomfortable, lol.

quote:
Thor blasts/knocks him light years away, linearly.

They follow, linearly, Gorr can sense their presence, magic/godly energy that he feeds on and all that, he throws chunks of moon at them in the only direction they are coming from...straight on.

What if they turned slightly a few lightyears back? smile

quote:
He had seconds to react to them following the attack, to start throwing chunks at them. That's not a miniscule amount of time at all.

It is when your opponents are traveling over a million times faster than light.

quote:
Maybe if the Thors dodged the chunks flying at them while they were travelling FTL, then it would be something, but they got hit by the first one, and then stopped to assess that 'hey, that guy seems to be throwing moon chunks at us'.

FTL in space is a trope by and large.

So you're saying that rather than Gorr being fast enough to chuck rocks at something flying millions of times faster than light, he instead used his super cosmic awareness to predict where they would be and managed to throw the chunk just before they arrived despite apparently being considerably slower than they were flying in terms of reaction-time, and the two Thors just happened to keep a consistent direction going rather than changing course at any point?

Nah, they could react and fight faster than light. thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Do you have any evidence against Thor in this specific run having FTL reflexes?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
Did you give up Carv? sad

Nope...just got back. About to respond.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:52 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
No he doesn't, the opposite is true.

Why. Their punches hurt because they are energy fighters and energytanks, they suck physically comapred to heralds. Their punches hurt more because their blunt force durability isn't on the same level as their energy one. SSJ4 Goku couldn't lift a city, a part of it was too much. Their strength isn't good enough to even scratch someone like thor. They would break their bones. When Thor with his planetary strength hits a DBZ char they would most likely die. Like you pointed out, a punch hurts them more.

Lol at them sacking physically when their hits are destroying the surrounding area. Hell, Goku and Buu punched either other so hard that it changed the entire landscape. I don't think you know much about DBZ.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:54 AM
NemeBro

Lol at them sacking physically when their hits are destroying the surrounding area. Hell, Goku and Buu punched either other so hard that it changed the entire landscape. I don't think you know much about DBZ.
Thor and Gorr were punching each other so hard they were breaking worlds. smile

Provide a DBZ feat that matches this.

Also Broly is weaker than Buu.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:58 AM
carver9

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Do you? I'm not talking about travel speed, I'm talking about this part:

"Gorr can of course track their massively FTL movement and attacks them as they approach. Guess what that means? Guess what it means when they easily react to it? "

If you're moving one direction and something intersects with your path perpendicularly, there is only a very brief window where you're within reach to hit that thing with a hammer. Thor did this at massively FTL speeds.

You're still not making sense. How about this, King Ki was able to track Goku ship that was flying to Namek at FTL speed but he was unable to track Goku and Frieza fighting. Does that make Goku FTL speed during the Saiyan saga.

Also, Goku was in the heart of a Nuke before it went off, the HEART OF IT, and out raced it before it even touched him. Can Thor do this? Can Thor move so fast that punches and blasts appears as if it is going through him? If so, provide evidence. What if Goku disappeared right in front of him, can Thor track him? If so, provide proof.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:59 AM
carver9

Thor and Gorr were punching each other so hard they were breaking worlds. smile

Provide a DBZ feat that matches this.

Also Broly is weaker than Buu.

Thor best showing. Too bad Thor will not even hit Broly. Broly ruined a Galaxy in short time (didn't say destroy). Prove that Thor can tank multiple planet busting attacks at super speed.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:01 AM
NemeBro

Thor best showing. Too bad Thor will not even hit Broly. Broly ruined a Galaxy in short time (didn't say destroy). Prove that Thor can tank multiple planet busting attacks at super speed.
Prove it was a "short time".

Thor doesn't need to physically touch Broly to harm him, as seen by Thor devastating planets and making stars flicker on accident. thumb up

Bro, Thor just needs to fly around and he'll kill Broly on accident. thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:03 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Damborgson
Don't make me kill you...

The power of The House of El is too strong!

You can't harm me!

However, the pain of choosing between Broly and Thor is overwhelming you.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:06 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You're still not making sense. How about this, King Ki was able to track Goku ship that was flying to Namek at FTL speed but he was unable to track Goku and Frieza fighting. Does that make Goku FTL speed during the Saiyan saga.

Also, Goku was in the heart of a Nuke before it went off, the HEART OF IT, and out raced it before it even touched him. Can Thor do this? Can Thor move so fast that punches and blasts appears as if it is going through him? If so, provide evidence. What if Goku disappeared right in front of him, can Thor track him? If so, provide proof.
Arguably, but that actually is a prolonged long distance flight, unlike when Thor fought Gorr.

He wouldn't need to be mach 100 to do that, lol.

Which nuke is that btw?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:07 AM