KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F"

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F"
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eaebiakuya

One visual i always liked is the old Fan Art from Dragon Ball AF (red skin, white hair).

But i dont think we will see anything like that in next movie. Apart from SSJ3, Akira always liked the concept of "less is more", as we can see with Mistic Gohan, Freeza Ultimate Form, SSJ God and even Perfect Cell.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 11:27 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I thought that was Goten at first.

Looks like he slimmed down a lot.
Anxious to see if he transforms to a SSJ3, a SSJG, or just be at the same Ultimate level.
Sadly, I imagine that Gohan has taken the backseat next to the likes of Goku and Vegeta. As was the case in BoG, he'll probably end up being grouped with the B-list Z-fighters in this film as well. Akira seems to have purposefully overlooked the fact that he originally wrote Buu-era Gohan with>>>>>SSJ3-level power.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 12:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

There is a rumor/myth in internet that Akira wanted to Gohan defeat Buu, but Shonen Jump editors dont liked the idea, they wanted Goku to be the main hero.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 01:32 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I heard that too

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 01:57 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's true, I've seen the interview myself--I'll try to find the link for you guys. I suppose it makes sense to a point, considering Goku is Dragon Ball(much like Superman is DC comics.) I just wish Gohan would have stayed relevant after he became 'Mystic'. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 02:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Isn't that the same or similar as to why Gohan beat Cell?

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I'll have to stop watching DBZ if Frieza is able to do anything short of get raped by any SSJ3 character+
I wouldn't hold on to those words if I were you. Just that it seems like the only thing that will happen if Frieza will, in any shape or form, pose a threat to SS3 strength characters which now includes Vegeta.

With regular training I can see 100% Frieza being Buu saga SS2 level at this point. This theory has him still being a good deal stronger than Piccolo, who iirc would be as strong as a SS1(?). So SS2 level is possible. Though he would need the SS3 boost to even touch the top 5 at this level, even if a new form grants this its nothing to God modes.

So yeah, a new special upgrade like god mode me thinks.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 09:53 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Well, by the looks of it, I think this new form of Frieza will be able to hang with SSG-level base Goku (assuming Goku's power level has maintained or improved post-BoG).

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 06:39 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Galan007
The look of SSJG was terrible. I can only hope Akira improves upon it in this film.

I did think the SSJ4-esque concept/fanart of SSJG was badass, though...

(please log in to view the image)

thumb up thumb up

See, I actually thought this WAS what we were gonna get. Once again, what we did get was disappointing in comparison to both this look AND the SSj4 look.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 07:05 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I was genuinely surprised that the SSJG look was so bland. It was a less intense Kaio ken? really?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 07:23 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Even if I want to see Gohan getting the spotlight sometime in the future, Frieza is Vegeta's/Goku's enemy. It would make little sense to have the kid taking in such a foe.

Now, when they do revival of C, then Gohan should have the main role stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 10:53 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The Super Saiyan God form wasn't so much a transformation as an awakening. Akira Toriyama even said that Goku absorbed it into his being and that's why he could keep up with Bills as a Super Saiyan even after he stopped being a "God."

quote:
What was your concept for [Super Saiyan] God’s appearance?

I was resistant to [the idea of] Goku getting more and more macho, or having a flashy transformation, so I wanted to make a course-correction. Except, visually-speaking, a Goku who doesn’t have any change at all would be difficult to understand, so I changed just his hair color and his eyes.

Will Goku be able to transform into [Super Saiyan] God in the future?

I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God. Goku basically only thinks of fighting as a sporting match, so borrowing the power of five people isn’t fair, and he resisted doing that; however, it seems his curiosity towards the realm that lay even further beyond him won out.

Source.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:04 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, but he was still given a different look upon attaining Godly power--it would've been nice to see something a little more original, is all.

Regardless, I'm fairly confident that we'll see the equivalent of 'SSJG2' in future films anyway...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:18 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Yeah, but he was still given a different look upon attaining Godly power--it would've been nice to see something a little more original, is all.

Regardless, I'm fairly confident that we'll see the equivalent of 'SSJG2' in future films anyway...

He will probably look the same as a SSJ2, now that his base form is as strong as a SSG.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 10:16 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So. If you could change it from the Resurrection of Frieza to the Resurrection of any other Dragon Ball villain—manga, anime, TV specials or movies only—who would it be?

Have to go with Hatchiyack from Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans TV special myself.

.gif above from the remastered version.

Last edited by Astner on Nov 29th, 2014 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Broly

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:21 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
So. If you could change it from the Resurrection of Frieza to the Resurrection of any other Dragon Ball villain—manga, anime, TV specials or movies only—who would it be?

Have to go with Hatchiyack from Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans TV special myself.

.gif above from the remastered version.
If they're going to bring back a villain, I'm honestly glad it was Freeza. He is, imo, the paramount DBZ villain. I just hope the plot isn't as stupid as some think it will be--I, myself, am optimistic.

Aside from him, I'd like to see: Hatchiyack, Garlic Jr., or Janemba.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:02 PM
SSJGGogeta

The look of SSJG was terrible. I can only hope Akira improves upon it in this film.

I did think the SSJ4-esque concept/fanart of SSJG was badass, though...

thumb up thumb up

Eh, I thought the fan art for SSJG was gayer than what Toriyama gave us. I just don't like the whole furry SSJ thing. It looks too much like you're trying to add great ape into it somehow, which isn't where the Saiyan power comes from at all.

Plus, the fan art didn't leave any room for improvement, which was the biggest flaw.

With this new SSJG, it's simple enough that we might even get a SSJG2 or even SSJG3, which would be REALLY badass.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 11:01 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
He will probably look the same as a SSJ2, now that his base form is as strong as a SSG.

Eh, what?

I think you've mistaken the whole "you've absorbed the godly world" thing, entirely.

Goku in his base form is not in any way, shape or form, as strong as SSJG. That would be monstrous.

He DID absorb the feel of godly ki with his memory though, meaning he can use it in his base, and therefor all other, forms. This only means he is a lot stronger. However, his SSJG is still his strongest form. By far.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 11:04 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If they're going to bring back a villain, I'm honestly glad it was Freeza. He is, imo, the paramount DBZ villain. I just hope the plot isn't as stupid as some think it will be--I, myself, am optimistic.
thumb up

I'm glad Toriyama (assuming he is behind the movie) is acknowledging that Freeza is the best Dragon Ball villain.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 01:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well considering his original intent to end the series after the Namek saga, Frieza was (as a result) his end-all-be-all villain originally (not Majin Buu or whoever came after), so makes sense.

I wouldn't mind Cell, Cooler, or someone being brought back in a significant way in the future, but Frieza, the Saiyan & Namekian genocidest getting the treatment first makes the most sense, really.

Also still hope to see other new gods introduced in the future however, that were mentioned to be even stronger than Bills and Whis.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 30th, 2014 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 02:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote