KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I wish he wouldn't have gone out... Like that.

Waste of a great character, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
On Episode 12 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I want Karen to die so bad for what she did to Wesley. He was one of the best characters in my opinion. His scenes with Fisk were always gold.

after thinking about it, I realized that, TBF, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wesley was avenged, even if inadvertently. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fisk kills Ben, one of Karen's best friends, as a result of Karen killing his best friend. Dat karmic retribution.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 06:45 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Lestov16
after thinking about it, I realized that, TBF, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wesley was avenged, even if inadvertently. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fisk kills Ben, one of Karen's best friends, as a result of Karen killing his best friend. Dat karmic retribution.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Black man dying for a White person's sin sounds pretty accurate. I still want her dead.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 06:50 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Kudos to Foggy banging the hot chicks though.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:02 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Ben had the saddest story out of all them though [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Had a smokin hot young white woman in his house and his wife was at the hospital, but was so distracted with the Fisk story that he didn't use the opportunity to get some ass. One of the saddest things I've ever seen sad

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:16 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just 5 more eps to go.. i like this show.. the easter eggs were great to see..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just finished the 6th episode which was the best one yet.

I noticed in the credits that Drew Goddard was actually the creator of this show. That makes me excited for him possibly doing the next Spider-Man.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Season one is watched.

A very good series, indeed. I want season two out NOW NOW NOW.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The costume doesn't suck, but it doesn't get my best rating. It's....okay.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 09:42 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Just finished the 6th episode which was the best one yet.

I noticed in the credits that Drew Goddard was actually the creator of this show. That makes me excited for him possibly doing the next Spider-Man.
Goddard is given the creator credit for writing the first two episodes and planning a rough outline for the entire season. Steven DeKnight did the bulk of the work as the showrunner.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 10:35 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Regarding [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the suit, while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't too visually impressive either. Kinda wish they had given him Affleck's DD suit

Also, I wish we would have gotten some more backstory on Vanessa. I'm interested to know exactly why an art dealer would not only fall in love with, but full-heartedly support the violent actions of, a psychopath like Fisk.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 10:56 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Vanessa is the down ass ***** that all of the rappers talk about in their raps. She is the holy grail of down ass bitches.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:10 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Vanessa is the down ass ***** that all of the rappers talk about in their raps. She is the holy grail of down ass bitches.

thumb up

Vanessa is awesome. She's like the perfect dream woman. Most women would run to the hills if their date told them about committing patricide, but instead she's not only down with it, but supports his violent ambitions purely out of love. That's why I want to know more about her backstory. She has to be some kind of sociopath or something,

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:15 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
Goddard is given the creator credit for writing the first two episodes and planning a rough outline for the entire season. Steven DeKnight did the bulk of the work as the showrunner.

I think they both deserve credit for the 1st season of this show.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 08:36 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

A post from imdb.com:
It just occurred to me:

A bald, unscrupulous contractor and criminal swoops in to grab a hold of a city in the wake of an alien attack. He also uses people's uncertainty of the new hero on the block to stir up negative sentiment.

Did Marvel just beat DC to the punch on the (basic) BvS: DoJ storyline?

Thoughts?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:43 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

On the Vanessa topic:

I think she's in love with his conviction and passion. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The convo with Matt about that art piece in her gallery was very telling, IMO. Fisk is capable of great love and fury, and that was Vanessa's exact description of the piece of art she showed Matt just before Fisk arrived in the gallery. Also in the way she enjoyed dressing him at his home. I think Fisk is like a muse to her as he embodies the dichotomy she loved in that piece of art, and for that she loves and understands him.

^Spoiler tagged it in case anyone might see that as giving away plot points.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:46 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I think they both deserve credit for the 1st season of this show.

Yes, they both did an incredible job

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:10 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Lestov16
A post from imdb.com:
It just occurred to me:

A bald, unscrupulous contractor and criminal swoops in to grab a hold of a city in the wake of an alien attack. He also uses people's uncertainty of the new hero on the block to stir up negative sentiment.

Did Marvel just beat DC to the punch on the (basic) BvS: DoJ storyline?

Thoughts?

Hadn't thought of this angle, but it is an interesting point. Also Daredevil being one of Affleck's biggest failures. The irony of Batfleck being outshined by a new Daredevil adaptation could be epic. He'd better knock his Batman portrayal out the park.

Also, having just finished the season this morning, the second thought to cross my mind after my not being able to wait to see Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders, is that they HAVE to do The Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and something cosmic (Quasar or Adam Warlock, maybe?) on Netflix.

>Z<

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:09 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Also Daredevil being one of Affleck's biggest failures.

I wouldn't go that far. It made profit, and I actually kind of liked it.

Was just a bit cheesy, and obviously looks very silly compared to this series.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:13 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

The consensus, which I personally agree with, was that Fleckdevil was horrible. This scene:

^epitomizes why I personally pan the film. You're more than welcome to enjoy it and have an opposing opinion, of course, but the consensus is that Affleck's Daredevil was a failure and one of the worst Marvel Films released along with it's 'sequel' Elektra and Ghost Rider.

>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Apr 13th, 2015 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 05:58 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I didn't think Affleck DD was good. but it wasn't horrible nor one of the worst superhero films I've ever seen. I'd rank it above films such as say, SM3 or Catwoman. Farrell Bullseye was great.

And of all the flaws of the DD film, I don't think Affleck's acting is one of them. If the film sucked, it would be the writer's fault, not the actors. So I don't hold DD as any personal failure of Ben, nor will it affect my judgement of BvS.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 06:15 PM