KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Parker has feats. Real feats. Thousands of them.

Ares? Simply not impressive. Dumb. Slow. Underachiever.

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM.

What is your game here?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
This still waiting on the spidey supporters to post no plot driven wins over top tiers
Ares is not a top tier though.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:29 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

SamZed, just unite with him. It'll be like Venom and Spidey teaming up!

Who do you see winning here?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:07 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Stoic

The scan isn't working. Is that the fight between Spiderman 2099 and Maestro? If so, does Spiderman 2099 have a spider sense? Maestro is also faster than Ares. The Hulk is exceptionally fast, and his AOE attacks are significantly more powerful. I understand what you are getting at, but you can't compare Maestro to Ares. Maestro makes Ares look like a light weight.

Yeah, its the Maestro and Spiderman 2099. Hell, I just read up on 2099 and he doesn't even have a spider sense. I guess i'll just sit here with some egg on my face and continue reading what everybody else has to say.

Still don't feel Spiderman can take Ares though.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:30 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
No. But he may if those punches in bunches began to add up in the neighborhood of a hundred or more. You can't nullify all of Spiderman's wins because of one showing that Ares had against Hercules. The many outweigh the few... or the one Captain big grin.

Lol. So if a kid's bigger, older brother can't hurt me, the kid himself is going to because his punches are going to add up?

Spidey has NEVER thrown 'hundreds or more' of punches, which is what you're thinking is what it'll take to take him down.

And it isn't a single showing.

There are scans of Ares riding a nuke (or at least, a bunker buster) into battle. Crashing the Quinjet and jumping out, ready to fight. Not being KOed by Ultron's lightning. Not being KOed by Sentry (until he got WTFstomped lol). Taking shots from Skaar. One shotting Wolverine (who was of the opinion the fight would take a looong time). Tanking Rhodey's full armament. fighting Mikaboshi (and hurting her/him with his axe, which is standard equipment)

So no, I am NOT outweighing Spiderman's showings with Ares' showings. I am outweighing....well, whatever low showings you might be thinking of Ares, with Ares' higher showings.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 26th, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:57 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also, because this should be used as often as possible:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:12 PM
h1a8

Spidey has not only hurt top tiers on multiple occasions but most importantly, he has strength feats outside of those to support those showings.
So to believe that Spidey won't affect Ares significantly (especially bloodlusted) is borderline retarded.

With that said, Spidey has many options with his webbing. He can blind Ares, grab Ares legs and swing him against shit, web his body up to slow him down further, etc. Spidey has king fu skills which amplify his SS and gives him combat skills. But most importantly, Spidey has precog SS and speed to not even be hit by Ares. Ares would appear as a slow moving turtle to Spidey AND his attacks will be known before they are launched. Imagine knowing when a turtle is about to walk BEFORE it walks.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Feb 26th, 2015 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by h1a8
Spidey has not only hurt top tiers on multiple occasions but most importantly, he has strength feats outside of those to support those showings.
So to believe that Spidey won't affect Ares significantly (especially bloodlusted) is borderline retarded.

With that said, Spidey has many options with his webbing. He can blind Ares, grab Ares legs and swing him against shit, web his body up to slow him down further, etc. Spidey has king fu skills which amplify his SS and gives him combat skills. But most importantly, Spidey has precog SS and speed to not even be hit by Ares. Ares would appear as a slow moving turtle to Spidey AND his attacks will be known before they are launched. Imagine knowing when a turtle is about to walk BEFORE it walks.

Ares has the durability feats to negate those, however. He tanked multiple, multiple, bloodlusted Herc punches.

Have you forgotten Ares' Planck feats? I mentioned them specifically for you, as you love using them for Dr. M.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:52 PM
carver9

True. He did support a freaking building.

(please log in to view the image)

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What scans do people have of Ares being affected by such attacks?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:00 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What scans do people have of Ares being affected by such attacks?

What attacks?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
What attacks?

Spiderman-level punches.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:09 PM
h1a8

Ares has the durability feats to negate those, however. He tanked multiple, multiple, bloodlusted Herc punches.

Have you forgotten Ares' Planck feats? I mentioned them specifically for you, as you love using them for Dr. M.
People keep using Tank like it means something. What the hell does Tank mean? Does it mean "no sold" or "not affected by" or simply "not koed or killed by".

Ares Planck feat had more or less to do with his Godly ability to not be affected by time altering, and thus the feat wasn't due to his reflexes or natural ability to always see reality at those speeds.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:13 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

People keep using Tank like it means something. What the hell does Tank mean? Does it mean "no sold" or "not affected by" or simply "not koed or killed by".

Ares Planck feat had more or less to do with his Godly ability to not be affected by time altering, and thus the feat wasn't due to his reflexes or natural ability to always see reality at those speeds.

Check my scans out. I will repost them here for your edification.

Short synopsis: Hercules swings him into a missile, which explodes. He is unphased, even displaying sufficient alacrity to seize andother missile out of the air, and throw it into Herc's face. With a pithy one-liner. Herc continues smashing Ares, hitting him 14 times through the Helicarrier. Ares just picks him up, and throws him (in the 4th panel, 3rd scan). When I used it, I meant that he was not affected by it. Bloodied, yes, but still having the presence of mind to catch missiles out of the air, catch Herc etc.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...78738-12091.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...18630-12091.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...20320-12091.jpg

No selling would be someone like War MAchine, who had been unloading everything at him at point blank range.:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+003+pg+11.jpg

If he was not being KOed, I'd use his fight against Sentry who was Voiding out. So bloodied, but still talking and fighting back(until he was WTFStomped):
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/60...egioncps017.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/...egioncps018.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/...egioncps020.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/...egioncps021.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/19...egioncps022.jpg

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:29 PM
krisblaze

Ares also survived some pretty serious beatings by Thor back in the day.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:29 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I like how people are using the times people have jobbed to Spider-man as proof that he can beat Ares, it would be like using all the times Deathstroke has hit a member of the Flash family as proof that he has near light-speed reactions.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:40 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I wonder if Carver would change his tune if he remembers how Ares and Skaar stalemated. Because that would imply Spiderman would beat Skaar. And we all know how well Skaar did against the Worldbreaker....

Also, h1, Ares/X-man were specifically said to be combating within Planck moments.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If we're taking high showings for spidey might as well take high showings for Ares. And he has some weird shit with his "God" status like creating entire continents just for the heck of it.

Ares would win either way.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Lol. So if a kid's bigger, older brother can't hurt me, the kid himself is going to because his punches are going to add up?

Spidey has NEVER thrown 'hundreds or more' of punches, which is what you're thinking is what it'll take to take him down.

And it isn't a single showing.

There are scans of Ares riding a nuke (or at least, a bunker buster) into battle. Crashing the Quinjet and jumping out, ready to fight. Not being KOed by Ultron's lightning. Not being KOed by Sentry (until he got WTFstomped lol). Taking shots from Skaar. One shotting Wolverine (who was of the opinion the fight would take a looong time). Tanking Rhodey's full armament. fighting Mikaboshi (and hurting her/him with his axe, which is standard equipment)

So no, I am NOT outweighing Spiderman's showings with Ares' showings. I am outweighing....well, whatever low showings you might be thinking of Ares, with Ares' higher showings.

I never said anything about Ares low showing now did I? I never once low balled Ares, but I can't dismiss that Spiderman has hurt guys that could do everything that you said that Ares has done. Creel has given the Hulk a fight, and the Hulk would beat the crap out of Ares as we all know. I also acknowledged that Ares is a superior specimen in comparison to Peter. Spiderman has gone against Namor and he did incredibly considering being much weaker than Namor. Namor also felt his blows like Creel, Titania, and Firelord.

I am hoping that my bringing up Firelord does not make people feel the need to say that Firelord could have used his exotic powers against Peter. I realize that he could have finished Spiderman the moment the battle began. This is not my point. My point in bringin him up, is that he is physically comparable to Ares, and Spiderman hurt him with a continuous stream of punches in bunches. Not, (please pay attention) Not because Firelord could have ended it, but again because Spiderman is able to hurt characters above his weight class. You can lift over 35lbs I hope? But if I threw 35lbs into the back of your head at 70 MPH it would probably kill you.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And my point was that Ares has taken punches from people above Spideys weight class. A-bomb. Skaar. Hercules. Sentry. He wasn't Koed, even after multiple punches. Btw, I've never seen Spidey throw hundreds of punches.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:15 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah, its the Maestro and Spiderman 2099. Hell, I just read up on 2099 and he doesn't even have a spider sense. I guess i'll just sit here with some egg on my face and continue reading what everybody else has to say.

Still don't feel Spiderman can take Ares though.

Don't worry about that crap brother, I used to think that he had a spider sense as well, until Samzed pointed it out in one of his posts. When in doubt about the Spider people call Sam.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote