KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marlowe Briggs and the Mask of Death.

Was looking through my library, and thought "What is this, and why don't I remembed getting it?"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 04:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what really grinds my gears? Arcade ports, where they never really save the high score right. Instead of Pac-Man showing it at the top of the screen, it resets back to default, and the high score get logged on a separate screen.

NO! NO! (Whacks programmer with rolled up newspaper.)

That is NOT how you do it! The entire motivation is beating the top score, which should be right in front as you AS you play.

If MAME can do it with a single text file and line of code, I bet it's doable, but the devs are too lazy to bother.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

^ you get me

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 03:48 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Age of Decadence - Very hard to know what to do in this game, very, VERY brutal.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 07:13 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

WWE 13 Attitude Era.

Goddamn, are those "historicals" hard to get. AI is a reveral machine, Davey Boy kept kicking me off every time I tried working his legs.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 11:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The games pissing me off.

"Put Hunter through a table."

Sounds easy enough.

*Gets table under ring, slowly opens legs up, clunkily positions table. Knock Hunter off ring apron. Hunter MISSES table. Gets up, Hunter accidentially taps table. Table legs close.*

Ok, maybe if I set it up in a ring corner.

*Irish whip into corner. Table doesn't break. Hunter reverses move, puts ME through table.*

Finally said F it, and spent the next half hour beating on Hunter and the ref with steel.stairs.

Unlockable costumes just ain't worth the effort.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 12:46 AM
Jmanghan

Darkest Dungeon.

I completely forgot how the hell to play this game.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 09:53 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The games pissing me off.

"Put Hunter through a table."

Sounds easy enough.

*Gets table under ring, slowly opens legs up, clunkily positions table. Knock Hunter off ring apron. Hunter MISSES table. Gets up, Hunter accidentially taps table. Table legs close.*

Ok, maybe if I set it up in a ring corner.

*Irish whip into corner. Table doesn't break. Hunter reverses move, puts ME through table.*

Finally said F it, and spent the next half hour beating on Hunter and the ref with steel.stairs.

Unlockable costumes just ain't worth the effort.

The newer games are better for the actual wrestling, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 11:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
The newer games are better for the actual wrestling, tbh.

Is 2k14 much different? Completely fell under my radar at the time, but the 30 years of Wrestlemania looks interesting.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 04:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the table breaking was annoying. I eventually did figure it out, once I learned the clunky, non intuitive controls. Pretty sure I can recreate it in demand now.

But the act of hitting Hawk with a belt before the ref wakes up is probably the hardest single thing in the game. Mainly because, most of the time you aren't even FACING your target. The dodgy targeting randomly has you looking at the non legal tag partner on the other side of the ring. Or your own partner. Or, the ref.

Here Comes the Pain never had these problems! Man, wrestling games have regressed, if I could load up Wrestlemania XIX or, dare I say it, No Mercy, and get a perfect gameplay experience.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 06:06 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

I also have HCTP, but 2006 has something special:

1. "Modern" red bandana Hulk Hogan.

2. NWO Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

3. 80's Hulk Hogan.

I put modern and Hollywood in a tag team, managed by 80's Hogan. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 10:51 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Classic Spelunky again.

The commercial version strips away a lot of the originals charm, imo.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 06:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Is 2k14 much different? Completely fell under my radar at the time, but the 30 years of Wrestlemania looks interesting.

14 isn't much different iirc. I think it's 15 or 16 when things really start to shift, as that was the switch from last gen to current gen. After that, it took a couple of games, but 19 was/is really good, imo.

I thought the table breaking was annoying. I eventually did figure it out, once I learned the clunky, non intuitive controls. Pretty sure I can recreate it in demand now.

But the act of hitting Hawk with a belt before the ref wakes up is probably the hardest single thing in the game. Mainly because, most of the time you aren't even FACING your target. The dodgy targeting randomly has you looking at the non legal tag partner on the other side of the ring. Or your own partner. Or, the ref.

Here Comes the Pain never had these problems! Man, wrestling games have regressed, if I could load up Wrestlemania XIX or, dare I say it, No Mercy, and get a perfect gameplay experience.

Make sure targeting is set on manual.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 07:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

A setting, eh?

I'll change it, since it's murder on Rumbles and tags. Managed to get past that one spot by simply bring the belt in the ring, waiting on the scene where the ref gets knocked down, and quickly hitting Hawk while he's already down.

Big pain in the butt, but it's worth it for LoD.

In general, the games not as bad once you learn how to cheese the AI. Essentially, a lot of Irish Whips, abuse outside like a dirty rulebreaker, and keep lifting them up and spamming the "dizzy" grapple moves where you don't actually lock up before hand. (The AI seems to have more trouble reversing those, compared to standard grapples.)

Body part targets also work pretty well, but do next to no damage.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 11:58 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Finally got Spiderman PS4. really fun, I can definitely see the Arkham influence on the gameplay.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 01:52 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just finished Spiderman.

It's a well made game but incredible repetitive. I can respect the amount of effort the game had and there was some good moments within it but it was boring. They took the worst aspects of Ubisoft games and applied it to the 120%.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 11:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Age of Decadence - Very hard to know what to do in this game, very, VERY brutal.

I own this game, but I just haven't played it yet.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Playing game called Underrail.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Exanima. This game is hard to play but very very fun.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2019 04:42 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wrestlemania XIX's Revenge mode.

I managed to beat the mall area, and work my way up to the final mission in the construction zone.

And it wasn't fun at all! Yaaay. Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 4th, 2019 10:23 PM