KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Can't see the video, but, I'm assuming this is the FFVII port to PS4?

Yeah, they are changing nothing. They aren't even giving us HD Graphics, they are giving us the PC Version of the game. Whoop-de-****ing-do!

No one cares.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 06:09 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Yeah, they are changing nothing. They aren't even giving us HD Graphics, they are giving us the PC Version of the game. Whoop-de-****ing-do!

No one cares.

Then you should see the video, it's all HD stuff and totally new 3D models. Actual remake, not port from the PC version it seems.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 06:47 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It looks interesting but at the same time easy to end up being shit.

Dem mixed feelings...

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 07:50 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Kingdom Hearts combat is literally the bets Square has done. Something like it please.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 07:51 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No one cares.

no, they announced the ps4 port last year. they actually called this a remake.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

In an interview I read earlier with someone from Square he implied they will be making some changes to this game. He said that since the HD Remaster is coming out there's no reason for them both if they're both essentially the same exact game. So look for some alterations with the remake, potentially big ones, I guess.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Aeris can be saved, I'll bet. I hate the *****, but you know it's what people will ask for.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The whole point of Aeris is dying.

I hope they go crazy with the improvements because there is a lot to be improved (FF7 was sort of an unpolished gem), they have every excuse to make the remake memorable and a good RPG on it's own right.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 11:16 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bentley
The whole point of Aeris is dying.

I hope they go crazy with the improvements because there is a lot to be improved (FF7 was sort of an unpolished gem), they have every excuse to make the remake memorable and a good RPG on it's own right.

I know it is, and you know it is, but you know what people are like.

Eh, I honestly think they need to be cautious. Improvements, sure, but what should be improved is going to cause a few arguments i'll bet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 11:30 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Insiders are saying Sony is pumping money for its development.
Don't expect an Xbone release any time soon.
Maybe a PC release after some months more liikely.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 01:53 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. Square has been porting a fair amount of FF to pc lately, so it makes sense that they'd put it there before Xbox, their main competitor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 01:57 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Let's see the things I'm most worried about :

Midgar: Generally most of the places you visit in Final Fantasy VII are simple enough and should not be that problematic. Changing the city of Kalm is not likely to ruffle any feathers is what I'm saying. But Midgar is the most iconic series and goes through a development(starting as this grim and terrible place with no sun to...well at least it is sunny). They need to keep Midgar terrible. Needs to be dark, cold, with homeless people, prostitution, sex slavery, and all that fun stuff. Taking it out would be lame.

Combat: The materia system should be fine so I see no reason for them to change it(knock on wood). The combat is the real question. XIII doesn't really fit(XIII is a game about a bunch of people finding out what purpose they serve, and the combat is about picking the purpose you wanna serve) and it was unpopular with a not insignificant portion of the audience(less said about that the better). But KH combat has you playing as one person(Sora) and I'm not sure if the right move is to assign Tifa and Cid to support roles like Donald and Goofy. I mean you have fun selecting Cid and having him do his Limit Break, same for all the others. This is one I'm not sure how to work around. Were it me the best I could do would keep the party system for safety but make it go much faster. But I don't know.

No one cares.

I am actually not sure if you're trolling or not.

Why would I, or anyone, make a thread about a port of a very old game that has been ported several times? Let alone put REMAKE in the title?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:02 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by -Pr-
I know it is, and you know it is, but you know what people are like.

Eh, I honestly think they need to be cautious. Improvements, sure, but what should be improved is going to cause a few arguments i'll bet.

I'm thinking prolly some new story stuff to better go with the various spin off games made after FF7, since they have that info now.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:16 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Genesis better stay away.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:25 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just imagine the potential DLC that this game could bring.

Cloud and Tifa as kids in Nibelheim, Sephiroth is a SOLDIER going on missions, missions with Zack Fair, Gold Saucer games and challenges.......it could be so damn sweet.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:34 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Insiders are saying Sony is pumping money for its development.
Don't expect an Xbone release any time soon.
Maybe a PC release after some months more liikely.

Months? Try years. Square Enix will probably try for FF13 level graphics because they masturbate to polygons which will take a blisteringly long time to do.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Ok, so I was wrong.

I look forward to that system from Crisis Core.

The one where Zack could summon Angeal and Sephiroth, Cissnei. Maybe they could implement that into this game.

This needs to be action-style combat for sure. Reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts, or at least, Crisis Core.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 08:07 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I wouldn't mind a change in the game mechanics to be closer to real time gameplay: would be redundant to keep it exactly the same considering there are several ports of this game.

Also while I'm excited for this remake I'm still skeptical of Square as this is the same company that put out a XIII trilogy that nobody really asked for.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 08:44 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I always felt like they used XIII trilogy was just Square experimenting with hd engines, new audiences etc etc

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 08:06 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

That seems sound for the first XIII installment but why did Square feel the need to make two more. I'm not even sure they broke even with Lightning Returns.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 02:17 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote