KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's an opinion, but one far more well-substantiated than those who wished them to become an item my man. For one, them being a couple is somewhat creepy. More importantly, Jack being a paternal figure to Ashi is far more fulfilling to her character arc and to the story as a whole. Do you know why my son?

Yeah, I don't really care for the romance angle. My fear was that Genndy would rush the hell out of it and essentially render Ashi as being nothing more than waifu fodder. Unfortunately, my fears have been confirmed. I believe a father/daughter relationship would've added several layers of character development to Jack and kind of bring things full circle in regards to his overall journey. Thematically, it would've also been a nice touch. She goes from having Aku for a father to having Jack for a father.

But alas, oh well. May as well enjoy the remainder of the season for what it is. Jack is finally gonna kill Aku! smile

Old Post May 9th, 2017 05:15 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The biggest reason they shouldn't have gone there:

10 year old kids have more of a sex education then Ashi.

If she didn't even know what a deer was, and never had a normal relationship with anyone before Jack, how can she give meaningful consent?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 07:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

That's still more of a sex education than Goku and he turned out...fine.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:16 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AuraAngel
That's still more of a sex education than Goku and he turned out...fine.

Still suspiciously niave about the process, going by some recent episodes.

Are those "really" his kids? What did Chi-Chi do, take some skin and have them grown in a lab? (Or some "other" way. Don't be fooled by appearances, maybe he has closer blood relations to Vegeta then we think? smile )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I really feel this season blew away a lot of its potential with some of the storytelling decisions. Take for example Scaramouch. He knows (or rather, knew) Jack didn't have his sword. As of episode 6, he was even headed back to Aku to let him know Jack doesn't have his sword. This added a EXTRA THICC layer of tension to the plot and kept viewers on the edge of their seats as to how things were going to play out. Then, lo and behold, in the next episode, Jack suddenly gets his sword back, hence immediately destroying the tension created by Scaramouch rushing back to inform Aku of his discovery.

The problem with trying to make Scaramouche a credible threat with his attempt to inform Aku is its literally the only thing stopping the Shogun of Sorrow from obliterating Jack. Literally, without that sword, Jack is no more likely to defeat Aku than the Scotsman was, and if the story were played straight, the instant Aku knew that Jack was swordless he would not hesitate to finish him.

So if you want a bad end, I guess that works. erm

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:26 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Without Scaramouch, to Aku it seems like Jack just finally decided to shave and kick ass.

With Scaramouch, Aku can find out that if he had quit being cowardly and faced his problems directly("We don't say his name, this is a safe place"), then this could all have been avoided.

Scaramouch being brought back has absolutely nothing to do with creating tension from an external force and everything to do with punishing Aku for not dealing with his problems. It is karma and a contrast with Jack who eventually had to deal with Mad Jack.

Also if they wanted Aku to be a force of tension they would not have brought the Scotsman back immediately afterward. The show is clear in how it portrays Aku: a dangerously powerful ultimate evil that is actually quite a laughable coward in reality.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:43 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

In other words, this is Aku's story. He'll learn a valuble lesson and after much struggle and change, have a final showdown, completing his heroes journey. thumb up

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:54 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by cdtm
In other words, this is Aku's story. He'll learn a valuble lesson and after much struggle and change, have a final showdown, completing his heroes journey. thumb up
lol thumb up

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol thumb up

You didn't insult anyone on that page.

Are you ok, mate ?

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:49 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

He insults because he cares and he doesn't care about cdtm.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:51 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by RealityWarper
You didn't insult anyone on that page.

Are you ok, mate ?
Yeah I'm doing pretty good, how about you?

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by AuraAngel
He insults because he cares and he doesn't care about cdtm.
And people say I'm savage, jeez.

RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I'm doing pretty good, how about you?

Fine. Thanks. thumb up

RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

First episode I've legitimately enjoyed since the fourth episode. Looking forward to the finale!

Old Post May 14th, 2017 03:28 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Portal Guaaaardian!

How did Jack just walk there? Didn't he hitch a ride on a bird to the top of a mountain the first time or something?

Old Post May 15th, 2017 04:37 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by cdtm
Portal Guaaaardian!

How did Jack just walk there? Didn't he hitch a ride on a bird to the top of a mountain the first time or something?
This is one of those shows where people get from point A to point B at the speed of plot!

Old Post May 15th, 2017 05:53 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Lol. I really don't know what to say about this finale. laughing out loud

Old Post May 21st, 2017 03:29 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

On the bright side, I'm glad I can finally close this chapter of my childhood. On the negative side, having watched all 10 episodes of season 5, I can say with confidence that Genndy was winging it as he went along and that he never had any idea how he was going to wrap things up even while writing this season. What happened is that his bank account was running low so he decided to cash in on the Samurai Jack cash cow. laughing

It's as if Genndy was writing this episode at the last minute. As if it only occured to him that Ashi would not exist if not for Aku after Genndy wrote the wedding scene and everything. Except at that point, Genndy just says "f*ck it" and rolls with it. I have no problem with a melancholy ending, but this ending has to be one of the laziest and anticlimactic endings I've seen in some time. laughing out loud

What should have happened is Jack kills Aku in the future and then we get a compelling moment where he has to choose between staying in the future with Ashi or leaving her behind in order to undo Aku's evil. The obvious fact that Ashi would cease should've been given some discussion and debate. Or heck, even better, just have Ashi sacrifice herself during the battle with Aku so Jack no longer has to worry about killing her. Or heck, in the alternative, address the fact that Aku is still technically alive as long as Ashi is alive. The twist from 9th episode had sooooo much potential, but Genndy blew it. This episode was pure laziness.

Don't get me wrong. This season had some great moments. The first four episodes were borderline perfect (aside from rushing the hell out of Ashi's character arc at the end of the fourth). The ninth episode, my distaste for Jack/Ashi pairing aside, was also amazing in how it raised the tension and created the setup for a fantastic finale. Every other episode, IMO, was either meh, rushed, anticlimactic, pointless or just plain bad.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 03:46 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

He must be a fan of Gurren Lagann. laughing

Old Post May 21st, 2017 04:11 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Good send off. Farewell Samurai.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 12:11 PM