KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Petition to cancel FOX show "Lucifer"

Petition to cancel FOX show "Lucifer"
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. I guess you missed the part where I said the goal is only 40,000. I get it though why you don't care if the show airs or not. You don't even believe in him. Or at least, you claim u don't. shifty

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 8th, 2015 at 09:38 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 09:35 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Who the heck cares what their own target was? Do they win a prize if they hit it?

It's a creative interpretation of a mythological character. Moral suppression of it is censorship of free speech.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 09:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh, awesome, Lucifer is amazing. Though I am definitely worried they are going to mess it up like Hellblazer. "A loose adaptation"....that sounds very worrisome.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 09:57 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I pity u Bardock. I hope u like fire.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 09:59 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
I pity u Bardock. I hope u like fire.

I assume you mean because of burning in hell. I don't know, but I think I have more sins than liking a fictional comic loosely based on the biblical character, and honestly more based on Milton's interpretation anyways.

In fact Lucifer Morningstar is a pretty Randian character, I think if there wasn't the association a lot of right-wing Christians would quite like him.

I do wish you luck with the petition though. I think voicing ones opinion that you would boycott something and to try to get publishers to change their minds is a good and democratic way to effect change.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 10:04 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Bardock42
I assume you mean because of burning in hell.

Don't assume. He could just be referring to the simple luxury of fire to cook your food, stay warm, ward off the boogeyman...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 10:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

In that case, yes, I do like fire.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 10:16 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I assume you mean because of burning in hell. I don't know, but I think I have more sins than liking a fictional comic loosely based on the biblical character, and honestly more based on Milton's interpretation anyways.

In fact Lucifer Morningstar is a pretty Randian character, I think if there wasn't the association a lot of right-wing Christians would quite like him.

I do wish you luck with the petition though. I think voicing ones opinion that you would boycott something and to try to get publishers to change their minds is a good and democratic way to effect change.

Yes, i had forgotten about the actual comic book character (whom I don't care for anymore than I do the real being). I remembered soon after I made that reply to Q99 but was too lazy to edit my post. I figured someone would bring it up. Still, regardless of whether this show coming to FOX (unless we can get enough sigs to change their minds) is based on the comic character or the real Lucifer (whose proper name is actually "Satan" since his fall) it still glorifies the devil either way by presenting him in a favorable light.

Glorifying Satan will only lead to the rise of more Satanists in this country and it also is an affront to God. It's bad enough the country has an increasing number of people becoming atheists. As bad as they are for the nation and our values Satanists are even worse. I just hope the sigs is enough to convince FOX to not air the show. With the way an increasing number of people in country are turning their backs on God it's just a matter of time before He does likewise to us. This show, if it lasts, will probably make that happen much sooner. You don't get God's blessing by glorifying His greatest enemy.

The children in our country need God. Not the devil.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 8th, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 10:31 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

So is there a statistic to show how many children started practicing black magic & spells after watching all the Harry Potter movies?

And the way you talk about "our children" it's pretty obvious you're not a parent yourself otherwise you would take offence to others telling you how to raise your own.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 10:55 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So is there a statistic to show how many children started practicing black magic & spells after watching all the Harry Potter movies?

Heck, remember the D&D Satanist 'scares' back in the 70s/80s? (I'll admit that they'd largely faded by my time, but I knew people who did) That turned out to have

One of the problems with Satanism is if you buy into the Christian cosmology, then, one, you kinda accept that Satan's in second place at best, and two, you know you get screwed over for following him. Heck, even if you go for apocryphal stories, deals with the devil regularly screw over, oh, pretty much everyone who tries them.

That's why most 'Satanists' more are of the 'We don't believe he's real, just a symbol of rebellion,' types.

I will also point out that Satan does not actually rule hell in Biblical canon. Though per Jesus, the thing that really sends you there is treating the poor like crap. That's the one he, personally, focused on waaay more than anything else. Treat the poor and needy well, and you're probably ok.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:08 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow... a petition. Did Fox hire you? because you sue are getting the ratings up!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:10 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I remember the D&D ones!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:10 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Petition to cancel FOX show "Lucifer"

FOX is coming about with a new show called "Lucifer". If this show is allowed to air then it will fill the head of those who watch it and who have very impressionable minds (especially children and teens) with the illusion that the devil is a very likeable charismatic guy and not the evil murdering lying bastard we all know he really is. Please sign the petition in link below letting FOX news know that we want this show banned so it won't poison the minds of children and others with blatant lies:

https://www.americaneedsfatima.org/forms/e15592.html

There's already over 35,500 signatures. We need more.

Nope.
The show is a work of fiction, and anyone who doesnt like it is free not to watch.
Petitions like this are the silliest kind of trifle.
Thank you for reminding me to DVR it, though.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:12 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

FOX should just stop doing awful shows anyways.

A petition for that somewhere?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:15 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
FOX should just stop doing awful shows anyways.

A petition for that somewhere?

LOL.The only shows I watch on FOX or even on all of tv for that matter on a regular basis are Hannity, The O'Reilly Factor, and The Kelly File. Which are all right-wing news shows, of course, as I don't trust left-wing sources. All of those shows are by far better than all the crap on the rest of tv. If it wasn't for those 3 shows I'd cancel my ATT U-verse cable service.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 8th, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:19 AM
Q99

LOL.The only shows I watch on FOX or even on all of tv for that matter on a regular basis are Hannity, The O'Reilly Factor, and The Kelly File. Which are all right-wing news shows, of course, as I don't trust left-wing sources.

Personally, I like to aim for non-partisan first, but take a look at stuff from both sides to see what they think. Only watching stuff that agrees with you is just begging to be stuck in an echochamber.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:28 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Petitions have to be the poorest form of demonstration ever conducted.

Gather a mob, loosen some bricks in front of the studio, put on masks, bag some Molatovs, bring some guns and scare the shit out of the people directing this shit show.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 12:06 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. That's probably not a bad idea, Astner. I like the way you think. thumb up

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 12:07 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Q99
Heck, remember the D&D Satanist 'scares' back in the 70s/80s? (I'll admit that they'd largely faded by my time, but I knew people who did) That turned out to have

One of the problems with Satanism is if you buy into the Christian cosmology, then, one, you kinda accept that Satan's in second place at best, and two, you know you get screwed over for following him. Heck, even if you go for apocryphal stories, deals with the devil regularly screw over, oh, pretty much everyone who tries them.

That's why most 'Satanists' more are of the 'We don't believe he's real, just a symbol of rebellion,' types.

Yeah I was old enough in the 80's to remember the D&D scares.
Christians believed all the kids were gathering on a regular basis underneath the sewer systems ( aka Dungeons) to play D&D. And when they were finally brain washed & had the numbers behind them, they would rise up & wreck havoc.

Suffice to say the albino alligators & Morlocs ate all the sewer kids & unwittingly saved mankind from Satan.

I just find it morbidly funny how Christians in their fanatisms seem to focus more on the devil than they do God.
For example count how many times the OP has referred to Satan, Lucifer, the Devil more than he does to God himself.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 12:22 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Astner
Petitions have to be the poorest form of demonstration ever conducted.

Gather a mob, loosen some bricks in front of the studio, put on masks, bag some Molatovs, bring some guns and scare the shit out of the people directing this shit show.

Hmmm protest against the Devil with violence, guns & fear.

Christianity at its finest.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 12:25 PM