KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Prove God Exists...

Prove God Exists...
Started by: Esau Cairn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

I think that assuming the question in the OP dismisses or attacks God is a weird reading. What it really does is showing our limited capability to provide proof, which is actually a fact.

Think about this: language is our means of communication and reasoning, most of our sciences assume not only around logic, but also explicit rules. When we talk about math, there are always some axioms that cannot be proved, the source of math if you will, the context that puts logic into perspective.

Any language or method has an inflexible source, a part that cannot be questioned without effectively dismissing everything. Those are our systems, they always work from a starting point. And God is assumed to be the source of it all. There is a chance that, because of our systems, God is effectively impossible to prove or that even finding a proof of God would disprove His part as the origin of everything.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 06:20 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Prove that purple isn't a colour.

See, I can demand stupid things too.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 06:23 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I empathize with that, but you can'say God doesn't exist based on atrocities committed everyday. It's up to God whether or not to intervene.

What if He did intervene? Sure, He could stop the violence and bloodshed, but how do you propose that He would go about it? Should He kill the evil doers or just snap His fingers and turn them into good and peaceful people? If He did that, you would have no free will. Are you asking for God to hold our hands and make decisions for us since mankind can't do it on his own without violence?

I'm not asking God to intervene or play Superman. I'm not even suggesting to take away our free will & make us mindless subservients.

I guess what I'm asking is simple proof.
For God himself to give us, this generation, proof that he does exist?
Why is that too much or considered blasphemous to ask?

Humanity's intelligence dictates we are inquisitive by nature. Our instincts require proof before trust.

How many of you openly give up your bank account details every time a prince from Nigeria emails you?
You don't, do you?
You can't proof it's legitimate. BUT if that prince personally took you back to his country & you witness the praise his followers give him, see his wealth with your own eyes...then maybe you would be less doubtful, wouldn't you?

If the one true God appeared before us all & explained his intentions, his expectations & providing we still have the ability of free will, then yes, we would be in a better position to either change our ways (& be peaceful to one another) or choose not to repent & face the consequences.

Honestly, what is stopping him to give us proof?
Where is the negativity in asking for some truth?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 07:58 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Circle of life

I probably wasn't a member when you posted the same question or I never ventured into the religious forums.

Just goes to show there's a lot of people who are looking for answers.
Or evidence.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:00 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I empathize with that, but you can'say God doesn't exist based on atrocities committed everyday. It's up to God whether or not to intervene.

What if He did intervene? Sure, He could stop the violence and bloodshed, but how do you propose that He would go about it? Should He kill the evil doers or just snap His fingers and turn them into good and peaceful people? If He did that, you would have no free will. Are you asking for God to hold our hands and make decisions for us since mankind can't do it on his own without violence?

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing that same old argument from atheists: "If God exists, why doesn't He stop bad things from happening?!" LOL.

Yeah, you're right. It's all about free will. When Adam and Eve decided to disobey God and eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they basically were telling Him "We don't think we need you. We are smart enough to do things our way. Our way of doing things is better. So what if you were the One who created us?"... So basically, ever since then, God has stepped aside and let man be the total master of his own destiny. Whether people wanna admit it or not, they are the descendants of Adam and Eve. Not apes. Although why they'd wanna be proud of being descendants of apes anyway is beyond me.

The same disobedience that is in those two was passed down to all of those in their bloodline. It's in people's nature to sin. So when God "allows" all of these bad things to happen (He never makes them happen) He is simply letting humanity have it's wish of Him not interfering with their lives; He's letting mankind learn the hard way how foolish it is to do things their way instead of His.

That's why I always laugh or roll my eyes when atheists say some shit like "Where was your God when this terrible tragedy happened?" LOL. Man (and woman) made their choice. People shouldn't be b****ing and blaming God because He gave them what they wanted.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 11th, 2015 at 08:07 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:02 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Prove that purple isn't a colour.

See, I can demand stupid things too.

Purple is a name or term used universally to label one colour from another.

It does not need to be proven a colour.

And if you doubt the nature of colour then you turn to medical science or an optometrist to determine the problem with your eyesight.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:07 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Star428
Frankly, I'm tired of hearing that same old argument from atheists: "If God exists, why doesn't He stop bad things from happening?!" LOL.

Yeah, you're right. It's all about free will. When Adam and Eve decided to disobey God and eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they basically were telling Him "We don't think we need you. We are smart enough to do things our way. Our way of doing things is better. So what if you were the One who created us?"... So basically, ever since then, God has stepped aside and let man be the total master of his own destiny. Whether people wanna admit it or not, they are the descendants of Adam and Eve. Not apes. Although why they'd wanna be proud of being descendants of apes anyway is beyond me.

The same disobedience that is in those two was passed down to all of those in their bloodline. It's in people's nature to sin. So when God "allows" all of these bad things to happen (He never makes them happen) He is simply letting humanity have it's wish of Him not interfering with their lives; He's letting mankind learn the hard way how foolish it is to do things their way instead of His.

That's why I always laugh or roll my eyes when atheists say some shit like "Where was your God when this terrible tragedy happened?" LOL. Man (and woman) made their choice. People shouldn't be b****ing and blaming God because He gave them what they wanted.

And you've proven that you can't prove his existence without referencing the bible.

Well done.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:08 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Purple is a name or term used universally to label one colour from another.

It does not need to be proven a colour.

And if you doubt the nature of colour then you turn to medical science or an optometrist to determine the problem with your eyesight.
God is a name or term universally applied to one religion's deity or another.

He does not need to be proven existent.

And if you doubt the nature of religious deities then you can turn to a religious faith or a spiritual leader to determine the problem with your soul.

See, I can give useless non-answers too.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:31 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does God allow "innocents" to suffer? See article in link below:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t023.html

We ourselves do not establish the standards of what is right. Only the Creator of all reality can do that. We need to settle it, in our minds and hearts, whether we understand it or not, that whatever God does is, by definition, right.

There is really no such thing as the "innocent" suffering

Since "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23), there is no one who has the right to freedom from God's wrath on the basis of his own innocence. (fortunately, Christ paid the price for people's sins but they have to repent and accept Him to be saved. But that still doesn't mean they are free from God's curse during their lives of God not interfering because of the choice Adam and Eve made)

As for as babies are concerned, and others who may be incompetent mentally to distinguish right and wrong, it is clear from both scripture and universal experience that they are sinners by nature (again, they inherited that nature from Adam and Eve) and thus will inevitably become sinners by choice as soon as they are able to do so.

The world is now under God's curse (Genesis 3:17) because of man's rebellion (the choice made by Adam and Eve) against God's word.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 11th, 2015 at 09:47 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:38 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Eh, gotta love the rationale that babies haven't sinned but they would sin anyways so PUNISH!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Eh, gotta love the rationale that babies haven't sinned but they would sin anyways so PUNISH!

*YAWN*... I understand you're just trolling Bentley and trying to provoke me but I won't be falling for it. Sorry, bud. Read the article for f***'s sake. I'm not going to argue with you or anybody else who trolls me for that matter. thumb up

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 11th, 2015 at 09:55 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:49 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

We all (including babies and mentally retarded) inherited the sinful nature from Adam and Eve:

http://www.gotquestions.org/inherit-sin.html

That's an undeniable FACT.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 11th, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:01 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You really need to check out the definition of words like 'undeniable' and 'fact'. Just screaming it doesn't make it so.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:06 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

OK.....Free will, his goodness, Sin. The fact that people make other gods to prove his existence and go against him.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:44 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:55 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
God is a name or term universally applied to one religion's deity or another.

He does not need to be proven existent.

And if you doubt the nature of religious deities then you can turn to a religious faith or a spiritual leader to determine the problem with your soul.

See, I can give useless non-answers too.

People can see a colour.
People can comprehend one colour to another.

Colours have been proven to exist.
Plain as daylight.

You want to question my soul but can't prove a God, any God for that matter, exists.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 11:47 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Did the colors infrared and ultraviolet exist before man invented equipment that could detect them?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 11:50 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Star428
*YAWN*... I understand you're just trolling Bentley and trying to provoke me but I won't be falling for it. Sorry, bud. Read the article for f***'s sake. I'm not going to argue with you or anybody else who trolls me for that matter. thumb up

At least you know I'm not serious about it, I was exemplifying just how people would read it without caring much about the rest.

I'm not terribly fond to discuss about hypothetical universes where there is no possible pain and call that a sound argument against God, but that's a quirk of mine. It's disturbing when some people are willing to talk about entirely theoretical constructs as examples while asking for perfect proof at the same time. I enjoy the debate about the delvings of faith and reason but I try not to give them too much power.

That said, there have been honest theological arguments about the possibility of redemption for people who are not believers. It's interesting at least, considering the idea of God having a bigger perspective than us about our own souls.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 12:29 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Astner
Did the colors infrared and ultraviolet exist before man invented equipment that could detect them?

And by answering this question. that will prove God exists?
The sun is the source for both infrared radiation & ultraviolet light, they existed long before man had technology to measure them.

Why is it so hard for a Christian, a Catholic, a Muslim ( whatever religious denomination) to prove his existence?

When I worked in an office, there would be weeks that'd go by without seeing the head manager. But we knew he existed. How did we know? Because of the regular memos & office meetings where his orders & expectations were handed down for us to follow & adhere to. The only times he'd make an appearance was to either congratulate or discipline us.
Get the point?
Having faith is a two way deal.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 12:43 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The sun is the source for both infrared radiation & ultraviolet light, they existed long before man had technology to measure them.

But they couldn't be proven. Are you implying that things can exist without evidence?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 12:53 PM