KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is what we do any business is it of God's?

Why is what we do any business is it of God's?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Weird. Okay.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 02:27 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Weird. Okay.

Yes, just like we don't get to choose every freedom, we don't get to dismiss every responsability. We are f*cked by all the sides big grin

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 02:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If life is a gift it is not one we asked for. We didn't ask to be created. I wouldn't have a problem with the biblical God if he wasn't such an utter tool, and that is putting it nicely.

What we do isn't his business. Just like there comes a point where a parent no longer has a say in what their child does, once the child is grown.

It's might makes right. That is what it comes down to. He has super powers and will use them to torture and kill us to teach us a lesson. Or he might use them to reward us as well. He will cause natural disasters and send plagues at people just to make a point. He will destroy entire cities if he deems them as too sinful. This is not a stable being we are dealing with. When you combine super powers with bi polar disorder the results are apparently quite devastating.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 4th, 2016 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So what makes god psychopathic is that he claims his kills? He could as easily kill many more people and not manifest at all, he'd be the same kind of jerk if not more.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:38 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes him psychopathic is that he thinks flooding the entire world or nuking entire cities are viable solutions to problems.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Surtur
What makes him psychopathic is that he thinks flooding the entire world or nuking entire cities are viable solutions to problems.

When it comes to Biblical accounts I'm pretty sure that old religion leaders are at least a bit to blame when it come to establishing tradition. They probably were so in awe with power that they did not see Religion as any kind of morality.

I can picture a sea of people chanting "god is great because he destroyed our enemies and massacred their children", because back in the day the mentalities were aggresive and xenophobic like that.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:13 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Astner
Because it's a requisite for free will.
no? "God" created everything, including human limitations. I can't levitate, but i could murder, rape ect.

Why would God create that.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 05:13 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
no? "God" created everything, including human limitations. I can't levitate, but i could murder, rape ect.

Why would God create that.

Levitate rape would skyrocket, whole races would've been wiped out because of it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 05:39 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Bentley
When it comes to Biblical accounts I'm pretty sure that old religion leaders are at least a bit to blame when it come to establishing tradition. They probably were so in awe with power that they did not see Religion as any kind of morality.

I can picture a sea of people chanting "god is great because he destroyed our enemies and massacred their children", because back in the day the mentalities were aggresive and xenophobic like that.

Thats good stuff, thanks! thumb up

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 05:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Without the ability to choose, we aren't people at all are we?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:53 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Why is what we do any business of God's?

Is it any of your 'business', as the dreamer, what the people in your dreams do?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 02:49 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley

The problem though is that you have people who believe in the bible as is, as opposed to "this is just some stuff some crazy people wrote down". Which is why religion can be so scary a being like this would be worshipped by modern day people.

So no matter where it came from, some people believe these things happened and *love* the being that perpetrated these acts.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 05:02 PM
riv6672

Re: Why is what we do any business of God's?

Originally posted by Mindship
Is it any of your 'business', as the dreamer, what the people in your dreams do?

I sometimes dream about God.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 01:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Why is what we do any business of God's?

This is appropriate, because he only exists in the minds of humanity.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 03:29 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Do you get to ask any questions?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 04:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Mostly, we bowl. Seriously, its a recurring dream.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 10:24 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Mostly, we bowl.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 10:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My grandma always said whenever you hear thunder God is bowling.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 11:23 PM
riv6672

Mine did too, in spanish.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 06:38 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I was told (by my grandfather) thunder was God speaking.

"What's he saying?" I would ask.
"No one knows," was the answer...

...which (in my little-boy mind) only added to the awe of it all.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 10:31 AM