KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC: Rebirth

DC: Rebirth
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The Killing Joke itself? Yep.

At least it got a few panels, though. They retconned COIE off-panel, ffs.

I heard about that, but didn't see it.

It's almost a shame these companies are making bank from such awful shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 12:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Green Lantern and Justice League are the only books from DC I read these days--and I'll likely drop the latter once the Darkseid/AM plot has concluded. I only read the Star Wars titles from Marvel. Back when the big two were good, I read a bunch of titles from each of them... Real shame what a nosedive they've taken.

All of my other comic book intake these days comes from Indie titles. They've always been of superior quality, but that has become even more apparent these past months with all the shit Marvel/DC are cranking out.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 12:51 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Green Lantern and Justice League are the only books from DC I read these days--and I'll likely drop the latter once the Darkseid/AM plot has concluded. I only read the Star Wars titles from Marvel. Back when the big two were good, I read a bunch of titles from each of them... Real shame what a nosedive they've taken.

All of my other comic book intake these days comes from Indie titles. They've always been of superior quality, but that has become even more apparent these past months with all the shit Marvel/DC are cranking out.

For about the first two years after the reboot, I read AT LEAST a dozen books per month in DC (possibly twice that). I didn't read a lot of Marvel because of their insistence on doing to the X-Men what Lucas and Spielberg did to Indiana Jones, but I did enjoy a few books, mainly anything with Hawkeye in it or some Thor/Iron Man stuff.

Right now? Not one comic bar anything Colossus is in for the respect thread I'm working on. I'm actually getting to the stage where my apathy has reached such a height that I use my own headcanon more than I do the comics. I know it's arrogant to think "I could do better", but **** it, I'm not a bad writer. I'm good at humanising and dialogue. I could do better. **** those ****ers.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 01:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I agree with Paul on all fronts. I don't even read comics anymore. Not even old ones. Though this Infinity Entity looks decent and I'm curious about Surfer vs Earth or whatever so I'll check that out.

Also about the writing too. I could write way better as well, and to please the sjws, it would be at the minimum of 3.2 times as gay. Everyone would win there.
Aren't they literally hiring tumblr artists and writers now?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 01:08 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I agree with Paul on all fronts. I don't even read comics anymore. Not even old ones. Though this Infinity Entity looks decent and I'm curious about Surfer vs Earth or whatever so I'll check that out.

Also about the writing too. I could write way better as well, and to please the sjws, it would be at the minimum of 3.2 times as gay. Everyone would win there.

Are they? Jesus. I know Tumblr does have a lot of talented people on there, but I doubt those are the people they're going for.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 01:18 AM
SquallX

I personally have no problem with Gays, trans, or whatever the hell you see yourselves as, it's your body, why the hell should i care. But at the same time
no one should ever write, or create anything to please a demographic based on just said demographic feelings.

I personally think by doing that, you're tainting your own vision.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 05:12 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I don't care what people do either, I'm just sick of everyone b*tching about absolutely everything.

If all these social minority groups would just stfu and stop phucking with everything I enjoy, I wouldn't give a shit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 04:26 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm really surprised you don't read books like Spawn and Invincible. They seem like they'd be right up your alley.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 04:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by SquallX
I personally have no problem with Gays, trans, or whatever the hell you see yourselves as, it's your body, why the hell should i care. But at the same time
no one should ever write, or create anything to please a demographic based on just said demographic feelings.

I personally think by doing that, you're tainting your own vision.

I'll add that making more characters white because it's the 'default' and/or because people are complaining about 'pandering' would, itself, be to please a demographic (a loud and complain-y demographic).

One of the things about a story is, everyone's aspects are consciously decided. Whether or not in the story they 'just happen' to be something, in the creation progress it's always because someone decided one way or another.

And the companies of course, have to think about business, because making more popular stories makes them money money to write more stories, hire better writers and artists, etc..

Ironically, a lot of the anti-SJW people are just... people loudly demanding to be pandered to, like you can see here:

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't care what people do either, I'm just sick of everyone b*tching about absolutely everything.

If all these social minority groups would just stfu and stop phucking with everything I enjoy, I wouldn't give a shit.

Case in point. Why should you and your demographic be pandered to, when other people like other stuff? And are you not, indeed, one of the people b*tching and not 'stfu'ing?

Straight characters are still, by far, the most represented group in comics. You're not going to run out of stuff you like because stuff other people like gets to exist too. They could make every new character LGBT for several years and still be a small minority.

quote:
-Pr-
Are they? Jesus. I know Tumblr does have a lot of talented people on there, but I doubt those are the people they're going for.

I think tumblr has tens of millions of people....? Think about that.

Also I'll note a lot of tumblr stereotypes are... exaggerated in their commonness. A lot of it is just people sharing art or fandom stuff.

Here's a post how most sonic artists right now are former fanartists (on one said artist's tumblr account).

Sarah Stone of Transformers is an artist recruited from tumblr (an interior panel). Just look at that fantastic work!

If tumblr was around back in the day, I bet Frank Cho, Adam Warren, and tons of others would post there too.

Basically, the 'SJW/Tumblr folk are ruining everything' is much ado about nothing, IMO. Most of the complains can be applied to the complainers even more than who they're complaining about.

Everyone wants more stuff directed at them, that's natural, and it's kinda silly to be outraged about someone wanting more comics they like, whoever they are. If there was a sudden influx of comics for the 70+ year old crowd, you'd get people complaining about "geriatrics ruining everything" even if it still made a tiny percent of the whole.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:39 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Steve Orlando, Evan Shaner and Jesus Merino Sign Exclusive Contracts with DC Comics

Fantastic news. Midnighter is easily one of the best books on the stands and Future Quest looks gorgeous.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-with-dc-comics

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 08:22 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I can't help but be embarrassed for DC at this point.

Surprised it took you so long.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 08:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
I'll add that making more characters white because it's the 'default' and/or because people are complaining about 'pandering' would, itself, be to please a demographic (a loud and complain-y demographic).

One of the things about a story is, everyone's aspects are consciously decided. Whether or not in the story they 'just happen' to be something, in the creation progress it's always because someone decided one way or another.

And the companies of course, have to think about business, because making more popular stories makes them money money to write more stories, hire better writers and artists, etc..

Ironically, a lot of the anti-SJW people are just... people loudly demanding to be pandered to, like you can see here:

Case in point. Why should you and your demographic be pandered to, when other people like other stuff? And are you not, indeed, one of the people b*tching and not 'stfu'ing?

Straight characters are still, by far, the most represented group in comics. You're not going to run out of stuff you like because stuff other people like gets to exist too. They could make every new character LGBT for several years and still be a small minority.

I think tumblr has tens of millions of people....? Think about that.

Also I'll note a lot of tumblr stereotypes are... exaggerated in their commonness. A lot of it is just people sharing art or fandom stuff.

Here's a post how most sonic artists right now are former fanartists (on one said artist's tumblr account).

Sarah Stone of Transformers is an artist recruited from tumblr (an interior panel). Just look at that fantastic work!

If tumblr was around back in the day, I bet Frank Cho, Adam Warren, and tons of others would post there too.

Basically, the 'SJW/Tumblr folk are ruining everything' is much ado about nothing, IMO. Most of the complains can be applied to the complainers even more than who they're complaining about.

Everyone wants more stuff directed at them, that's natural, and it's kinda silly to be outraged about someone wanting more comics they like, whoever they are. If there was a sudden influx of comics for the 70+ year old crowd, you'd get people complaining about "geriatrics ruining everything" even if it still made a tiny percent of the whole.

Not really sure what you said is relevant to my post, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 08:44 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 08:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not really sure what you said is relevant to my post, tbh.

You said you didn't think tumblr people were the type of people they were going for then I posted a number of tumblr-based artists and showed how normal it is?

I'm not sure what you've having trouble with here.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 01:07 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
You said you didn't think tumblr people were the type of people they were going for then I posted a number of tumblr-based artists and showed how normal it is?

I'm not sure what you've having trouble with here.

That's not what I said. I said they weren't looking for a certain type of tumblr user.

If I seemed vague, that's my bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Mar 20th, 2016 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:39 AM
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's not what I said. I said they weren't looking for a certain type of tumblr user.

If I seemed vague, that's my bad.

Ah, yea, I did misread you a bit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 04:51 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I'm really surprised you don't read books like Spawn and Invincible. They seem like they'd be right up your alley.
I did read Spawn but I sort of gave up. Never read Invincible, just seen scans.

Spawn however I was thinking of going back to. And the Walking Dead. That's about all I have planned besides the odd cosmic story.

Also a q99 post! There's about 8 things it could be about :
Marvel rocks
DC sucks
Women rock
Men suck
Diversities rock
Being white sucks
Gay people rock
Straight people suck

Bonus round is defending tumblr.

*cue defense while missing point*

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:05 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
Ah, yea, I did misread you a bit.

Cool, no worries.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:25 AM
Senor Cage

Jonathan Hickman on a DC title??

quote:

Jonathan Hickman Verified account
‏@JHickman

DC editors, you can stop emailing me. The answer is, yes.

I've destroyed one superhero universe, don't think I wouldn't love to do another.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 09:35 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Wow, some awesome creator news this weekend. Christopher Priest on Deathstroke! Gene on New Superman (think Batman Inc.), Seeley in Nightwing, Tom King on Batman, Snyder on All Star Batman, Greg Rucka on Wonder Woman, Giffen on Blue Beetle, etc... a pot of interesting stuff.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 07:19 PM