KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watched the first episode. Felt like it took a week. Gonna take me forever to get through all ten.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 06:35 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Watched the first episode. Felt like it took a week. Gonna take me forever to get through all ten.

At this time I would recommend you just skip to Defenders if you haven't seen it already. Unless your just that curious I don't think trying to watch Iron Fist now is really worth the effort.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 09:53 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
At this time I would recommend you just skip to Defenders if you haven't seen it already. Unless your just that curious I don't think trying to watch Iron Fist now is really worth the effort.

First episode of Season 2.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 11:30 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Welp, he still isn’t in the costume. Seriously what the ****

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 12:00 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just checked out the first episode. I thought it was pretty solid. Not quite sold on a certain character's heel turn from s1, but eh, will see how it plays out. One thing that I did notice right at the end is that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danny delivered like 14 shots with the IF in a row without looking at all juiced out. I mean yes, they weren't as powerful as he can go, but he was using the IF for more powerful shots in the opening fight (smashing the front of the truck and then the groundpound shockwave punch) as well without issues. Seems his stamina with the IF has increased considerably.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 07:44 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Dreampanther
First episode of Season 2.

Ah....well I stand corrected. Wow this wasn't promoted much at all.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 08:56 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Ah....well I stand corrected. Wow this wasn't promoted much at all.

No. And based on the first episode, I can understand why. Same problems, still haven't been fixed. I'll probably watch it for the women, though. For some reason, while IF has been cursed with an inability to create convincing or exciting fighting scenes, it excels at casting strong, badass women and I doubt Alice Eve will disappoint.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 09:57 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm only on episode four so I have to ask one question: does Mary ever show any actual super powers or is she just a highly skilled fighter? Since it seems she was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the military

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 02:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Typhoid Mary(Alice Eve) was great and the highlight of the season to me.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 02:53 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I'm about an episode or two from being done. Someone finally told Finn Jones to move like a human instead of an animatronic hu-man. So right there the whole season is way better.

He still looks wooden at times but it's night and day from even Defenders. They should redo that drunken fight with human being Finn now.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 04:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Nevermind I was 7 minutes away from the end of the final episode. I was wondering how they were going to fill two more episodes...

Anyway, not a bad season. The story wasn't as good but the fighting was way better from Fist so I'm happy there. I give it a thumbs up.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 05:11 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did he have another match with Matt?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 08:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Let's just say I Dare you to watch it.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 08:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Two more to go. Been solid overall, but not one of Netflix MCU's best. Danny looks way better in his fight scenes than in any previous appearance IMO, but is still kind of a blundering moron in a lot of other regards. I will admit that his control over his emotions/maturity has also improved, but some of the decisions he makes/actions he chooses to take is just like, "Why? Why would you think this is a good idea? What's wrong with you?"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 06:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have to give props to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Turk though lol. He always keeps the hustle going.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 02:59 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just finished the show. Opinion hasn't really changed. Solid, but not on par with the best Netflix MCU has done so far. As others have mentioned, Mary was a standout performance.

That ending with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ward and Danny in Japan left me with a ton of questions though.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 07:04 PM
HulkIsHulk

So was IF S2 as bad as JJ S2?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 11th, 2018 06:02 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

hadn't watched either IF or JJ season 2 yet but have seen season one awhile back. do you think its the gap between the seasons have anything to do with it?

basically Im asking if anyone thinks its better binging all the way through or if the storylines just suck

Old Post Sep 11th, 2018 07:09 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
So was IF S2 as bad as JJ S2?

I personally found IF s2 considerably more enjoyable than JJ s2. But that's just me. It's by no means perfect, but it's a considerable improvement over s1 IMO. There is also less filler than a lot of MCU Netflix shows tend to have because of the shorter season length.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2018 07:16 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mary is going after Davos

At least say what episode you are on before giving such a random spoiler.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 06:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote