KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Mummy (2017)

The Mummy (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
And because he is one of the greatest action stars of all time. thumb up
So is Schwarzenegger but I wouldn't make him the next James Bond...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 03:57 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, if they are going for the same fun/comedic adventure style that the Brenden Frasier version had then Tom Cruise is a terrible choice, but not necessarily if they are going for a darker, more horror feel, like Ascendancy said.

I think Tom Cruise is talented in a way, but I've come to not enjoy his acting much because really all you see is Tom Cruise. I don't see much of his character. I just see Tom Cruise. Maybe it's a range thing. He's good at emoting and being intense, but maybe it's just his ego that is too big. He just always kind of feels the same.
thumb up Exactly my thoughts, I'm sure it'll be a great movie though his usually are.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 03:58 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by steverules_2
This is the casting for the future universal horror universe (obviously Dracula we've already had a movie for), some interesting choices

Luke Evans as Vlad "The Impaler" III Țepeș / Dracula
Sofia Boutella as The Mummy
Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll / Mr. Edward Hyde
Johnny Depp as Dr. Jack Griffin / The Invisible Man
Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster
Angelina Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein

No ones been cast for the role of the wolf man yet it seems unless someone has heard different, I have heard Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson might be a choice which is...weird.

Would be a step up for him from the terrible aged CG that was the Scorpion King. lol

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 10:42 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This is the casting for the future universal horror universe (obviously Dracula we've already had a movie for), some interesting choices

Luke Evans as Vlad "The Impaler" III Țepeș / Dracula
Sofia Boutella as The Mummy
Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll / Mr. Edward Hyde
Johnny Depp as Dr. Jack Griffin / The Invisible Man
Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster
Angelina Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein

No ones been cast for the role of the wolf man yet it seems unless someone has heard different, I have heard Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson might be a choice which is...weird.

I know also that they're doing 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'....not sure if its going to be part of this new shared universe.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 12:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^THAT i like. Big fan of the Gill Man.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 06:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Horrible News...I hear Stallone just RETIRED!?

What NEXT!?

He would have made a great Frankenstien in these movies.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 06:18 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Horrible News...I hear Stallone just RETIRED!?

What NEXT!?

He would have made a great Frankenstien in these movies.

Only retiring the Rambo character, Is all that i can find.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 08:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dang it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
Only retiring the Rambo character, Is all that i can find.

Think he did that ages ago

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 02:29 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji
That's the internet for ya

Ignore the info & judge everything from the title.

Yup.

Boris Karloff did The Mummy in 1932.

Worst Karloff impersonation by Fraser ever.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 03:26 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion this is related in any way to the Brendan Fraser franchise?

It's been stated to be a reboot of the franchise. It's also looking like they're building a shared universe with Van Helsing and other franchises (which explains Dr. Jekyll being in this movie).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_

I wonder if this has anything to do with the cancellation of Penny Dreadful. It has a lot of the same characters.

EDIT: Looks like Steve already mentioned all this.

Originally posted by Firefly218
So is Schwarzenegger but I wouldn't make him the next James Bond...
Frasers character wasn't iconic or anything like Bond though. In fact, his character type seems to fit Cruise perfectly. He pulls off the happy go-lucky adventurer thing well in the MI movies.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 4th, 2016 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 07:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It's been stated to be a reboot of the franchise. It's also looking like they're building a shared universe with Van Helsing and other franchises (which explains Dr. Jekyll being in this movie).

Yeah ok...but still...

A reboot of the classic monster movies is different to a remake of Fraser's Mummy franchise though.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 02:44 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Think he did that ages ago

He was supposed to do one more, set after he got back to Arizona.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 04:12 AM
Flyattractor

Ramzona!!!!!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 04:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I hope they put this universe together well, I'm a big fan of the Universal monsters. On the plus side, a lot of the casting choices seem pretty solid.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 07:01 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

are those castings legit?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 07:02 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like wikipedia info to me

i only know of Russell Crowe doing Dr Jekyll and Tom Cruise and everyone else for this mummy movie.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 07:26 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
[B]I hope they put this universe together well, I'm a big fan of the Universal monsters...

Same.
Seeing the concepts spun in a new way will be interesting, if nothing else.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 09:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Despite Dracula Untold being a turd, I'm looking forward to this thus far, Cruz is a nutter, but a solid actor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 07:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I watched Dracula Untold. I could see what they were going for, and if they can con someone into finacing a sequel, maybe they'll get there.
If anything, Dracula can be featured in other movies.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 08:10 PM