KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus

atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus
Started by: aalyasecura95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Why does that matter? Force lightning is a fast moving projectile which a lightsaber can block. As are blaster bolts. Precognition and superhuman reflexes allow you to block fast moving projectiles. Kanan has both of those. I don't see why he would be unable to block it.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:39 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

That's not how it works lol, the lightning has to be drawn onto the blade.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

What, with the Force?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:47 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yes it doesn't just magically stick.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You said the quote referred to their power. Not status as duelists.
There are quotes that state they were the most powerful and skilled in the Order, naturally the power of the Jedi remaining somewhat constant throughout the ages.

quote:
He landed a push on Ventress. Kanan did the same to Vader with the help of Ezra.
He blew her away, and Kanan only did so with the aid of Ezra and with Vader distracted.

quote:
I didn't sat they had. I just stated that their standing is based on their feats and performances against Kanan and not their former inferiority to the GI.
So none then, which means the possibility it was an outlier remains. Not that it matters since as we've already covered he has no proven mastery over the lightsaber forms regardless.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:56 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yes it doesn't just magically stick.

Quote.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:58 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pretty sure that's one of those things that are just generally accepted.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

There are quotes that state they were the most powerful and skilled in the Order, naturally the power of the Jedi remaining somewhat constant throughout the ages.

He blew her away, and Kanan only did so with the aid of Ezra and with Vader distracted.

So none then, which means the possibility it was an outlier remains. Not that it matters since as we've already covered he has no proven mastery over the lightsaber forms regardless.

Provide them for all the combatants on team 1.

Ezra even as of S3 hasn't demonstrated telekinetic power to make his contribution worth much at all. Kanan wasn't distracted, he was cocky but he's not going to lower his defenses during battle even if he thinks the opposition doesn't stand a chance.

The possibility yes but then it's simply your opinion versus mine. And no, it never dismissed the possibility that GI mastered them. I think that's what's indicated given his ability to know Kanan's master by simply clashing blades for a moment.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:02 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Pretty sure that's one of those things that are just generally accepted.

I've never met anybody who's ever brought that up. So if it's a KMC thing it's never been brought up to me before.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:02 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Regardless even if that is the case then Atris vs Kanan would be an unfortunate match up for Kanan. It doesn't determine which side would win a majority.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:03 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah, it's common here, tbh.

It makes sense too, but I don't think I ever seen a quote for it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Regardless even if that is the case then Atris vs Kanan would be an unfortunate match up for Kanan. It doesn't determine which side would win a majority.

And you argued the whole time that Kanan > Atris, lol.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It's only logical considering a lightsaber shouldn't possess those kinds of properties, yeah, and the ability to block Force lightning fluctuates depending on the power of the wielder, not the quality of their weapon.

But there are instances in which its described in this way, for example:

"Malgus interposed his lightsaber, drew the lightning to it, and started walking toward Adraas."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Nah, it's common here, tbh.

It makes sense too, but I don't think I ever seen a quote for it.

Ah, so nothing but opinion. Gotcha.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:08 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Beni posted a quote, actually.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:08 PM
UCanShootMyNova

It's only logical considering a lightsaber shouldn't possess those kinds of properties, yeah, and the ability to block Force lightning fluctuates depending on the power of the wielder, not the quality of their weapon.

But there are instances in which its described in this way, for example:

"Malgus interposed his lightsaber, drew the lightning to it, and started walking toward Adraas."

What kind of properties? The ability to absorb energy? Lmao.

And the only times someone's had greater difficulty blocking lightning then another with a lightsaber is dependent on the power of the lightning. I.E. the amount of energy behind it and how much kinetic force that's going to transfer to when hitting the blade.

That doesn't necessitate that you have to draw it toward your lightsaber to block it. Only that Malgus in this instance did.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:09 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Ursumeles
And you argued the whole time that Kanan > Atris, lol.

I mean, he is. Vastly. But if he can't defend against a lethal attack then she wins if she can land it on him.

UCanShootMyNova

Beni posted a quote, actually.

I'm aware.

Ursumeles
Traitor

I mean, he is. Vastly. But if he can't defend against a lethal attack then she wins if she can land it on him.

No, he isn't. You have yet to prove anything. You didn't posted a feat from Kanan that's superior to Atris'

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Ursumeles
No, he isn't. You have yet to prove anything. You didn't posted a feat from Kanan that's superior to Atris'

His asteroid feat is. I thought this would be common knowledge... Here you go.

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...steroids.36058/

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:12 PM