KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Allow me to requote what you said...

Hyperbole or not, you said it. We proved to you that she did do some heavy gym workouts to prepare for the role. She obviously isn't a lifetime bodybuilder, though. She's an actress. They don't typically go for the "bodybuilder look" even for physically demanding female roles anyway. She has a thin frame, but she still looks fit and strong.
What you did there was admit that you recognized it was hyperbole and yet decided to still argue the point of her having been in a gym before. You realize that means you intentionally argued the wrong point right? That means you recognized the fact that the actual/main point has merit: She does not look athletic or fit/built enough to be in any way physically realized as Lara Croft. She looks like a stick figure wearing clothes. There is no size, curve, or definition to any of her muscles.

You're not wrong about them rarely going for that super fit look when it comes to movies and actresses though. Charlize Theron in Mad Max was also super thin. Luckily, her being and looking physically stronger isn't really a prerequisite for this movie to be great, nor would it save it from bombing. More of a nitpick that would have enhanced presentation.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:30 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Do you even lift, bro?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by riv6672
Do you even lift, bro?
For damn sure more than my body weight eek!

What about you old man? Could your frail spine support at least the bar??

EDIT: Jesus fking christ, 36672 posts and a 2014 register date? Do you ever leave your house? I doubt a no-life like you gets out to the gym lmao

Originally posted by Surtur
Were the weights she lifted pieces of notebook paper with the word "weight" written on it?
I think thats pushing it man! The ink on the paper probably put it past her limit.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:38 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This is the part where someone who hasnt ever seen the inside of a gym would get defensive, and do something sophomoric like point out someone's age and post count. big grin

Its also the part where someone who benches 385lbs would post a pic...

https://imghost.io/images/2017/09/25/imaged0fe5.jpg

...and laugh at the defensive guy.

L. O. L.

Last edited by riv6672 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This is the part where someone who hasnt ever seen the inside of a gym would get defensive, and do something sophomoric like point out someone's age and post count. big grin

Its also the part where someone who benches 385lbs would post a pic...

https://imghost.io/images/2017/09/25/imaged0fe5.jpg

...and laugh at the defensive guy.

L. O. L.
Sophomoric? Says the one who's been passive aggressively throwing out indirect comments instead of actually taking part in the argument. I've ignored most of your dumb side comments.

So what looks like it would be a better representation of Crofts fitness to you? This or this? And if you choose the second one, why?

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:26 PM
riv6672

You mean the fitness model or the actress?
Considering the fitness model likely cant act, i choose the actress.
And thats an actual not ****ing with you answer.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:39 PM
Arachnid1

You mean the fitness model or the actress?
Considering the fitness model likely cant act, i choose the actress.
And thats an actual not ****ing with you answer.
Yeah, of course you'd choose the actress for the acting role. Thats not the point though. It goes back to this:

Originally posted by Arachnid1
You're not wrong about them rarely going for that super fit look when it comes to movies and actresses though. Charlize Theron in Mad Max was also super thin. Luckily, her being and looking physically stronger isn't really a prerequisite for this movie to be great, nor would it save it from bombing. More of a nitpick that would have enhanced presentation.
I'm saying the fitness models body is a better representation of how Croft should look. I'm not saying the fitness model would be better in the role or that being physically stronger makes her a better actress. I'm talking solely about her physical attributes. Croft in both the new and the old games had more of a fitness model physique. While that doesn't make her wrestling a 300lb man or backflipping over krakens believable, it at least helps sell the point. It's not necessary but it's nitpicking something that would have helped the presentation.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:55 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm saying the fitness models body is a better representation of how Croft should look. I'm not saying the fitness model would be better in the role or that being physically stronger makes her a better actress. I'm talking solely about her physical attributes.

Here is how she "should" look (below), and I'd say they got a great match and a phenomenal actress to boot. This discussion started because you said she didn't go to the gym. We proved you wrong.

Jeez, calm down on the boobs, people.

She's young, athletic, and seems to fit the role. She looks pretty accurate...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 10:31 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats pretty spot on!

And yeah, this all started with the gym remark.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 10:42 PM
Arachnid1

Here is how she "should" look (below), and I'd say they got a great match and a phenomenal actress to boot. This discussion started because you said she didn't go to the gym. We proved you wrong.

[img]http://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2017/03/Alicia-Vikander-Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider.jpg[/img
You guys focusing solely on the hyperbole comment despite the fact that I've outlined the main point to you multiple times doesn't make much sense. Saying someone "looks like they've never stepped into a gym" pretty obviously means that they don't have much muscle. Arguing the literal meaning of a saying completely misses the main argument. It's like you trying to prove Surturs comment wrong.

Originally posted by Surtur
Were the weights she lifted pieces of notebook paper with the word "weight" written on it?

"Look! I've got a link that shows her lifting an entire notebook!"

Congrats. You proved him wrong.

Though she actually does look a bit better in that photo than the original one in question.

I don't know if they were filmed far enough apart for her to make a difference by working out, if they just photoshopped it on top of that obvious filter, or if its just angles, but there's a noticeable difference. You can actually make out her delts and triceps in that photo (her arm in general looks thicker), not to mention her thighs have more shape to them.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 11:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed she has that "I barely eat anything, but do muscle training" look.

Bangable.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 12:07 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I'm still curious as to why the studio didn't just contact the actress for the re-boot Laura considering that she did both the voice and motion-capture work for it and the movie itself is taking inspiration from it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 05:14 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'm still curious as to why the studio didn't just contact the actress for the re-boot Laura considering that she did both the voice and motion-capture work for it and the movie itself is taking inspiration from it.
She was going through a pregnancy this past year according to her wiki page. It probably just conflicted with filming.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 05:51 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

I think theis whole thing boils down to shitty cash grab name recognition. Basically half of what makes hollywood, hollywood these days.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:26 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^ But Vikander isn't exactly a household name. I think they legitimately wanted a great up-and-coming actress.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That works for both parties.
It puts the actress' name out there, and saves the studio money.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:30 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

They certainly made her look ripped in this poster...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:04 PM
riv6672

They obviously superimposed her head on a T-Rex. angel

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They certainly made her look ripped in this poster...

Indeed she looks like it would take her only 3 tries to open up a jar of pickles.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ewww!? How does having a Huge Arm Vein like that make you looked "Ripped"? Muscles make you looke RIPPED! That Arm Worm makes her look like she needs a trip to the vet.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 07:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote