KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellboy (2019)

Hellboy (2019)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I agree, but with the success of Deadpool and his pseudo-comedy they'll probably turn Hellboy into an annoying, unfunny smartass, too.

It's cool if you didn't like Deadpool, but the film was pretty true to the character with the constant quips and cracks.

I've only read one or two Hellboy comics, so I can't really say how true Pearlman's version was to the character. I did enjoy it though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 17th, 2017 04:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Regardless, a new take on it is better than the same thing.

So in other words lets jump on the bandwagon because Deadpool & Logan has had success with it

instantly making it more gruesome and darker doesn't automatically make it a better film.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 12:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No it doesnt.
Aside from conjecture, there's not much to do but wait & see.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 04:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm all for this.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 12:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Zack M
I'm all for this.

Same here, I just would have liked to see del Toro finish his trilogy first... then reboot it. So that's a bummer.

But I like the guy they cast this time. He's great on Stranger Things.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 04:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mind the reboot more than the R rating. Given what happened at the end of Hellboy 2 there was potential to take the series in a darker direction for a 3rd film. Liz is told flat out that Hellboy is going to end the world soon and she still brings him back to life. Since she is pregnant with twins at the end this means her own children would have died as a result of the potential apocalypse brought about by Hellboy.

So there was potential for a deeper story and for an R rating without it necessarily having to be super gory and vulgar.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 05:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

If we aren't getting a third Hellboy I'm definitively willing to take a new entry that goes in a different direction.

Don't really care about the rating of the movie to be honest.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 10:55 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Harbour is great in everything I've seen him in: Quantum of Solace, Revolutionary Road, End of Watch, and, yes, even dat dere Suicide Skwaaaaaad. Haven't seen Stranger Things yet. He'll fill the shoes of Perlman well, but...

...I'd much rather see Del Toro and Ronnie finish off a Hellboy trilogy. The original is still one of my fave comic book movies, and number two is pretty good as well. Visually, it was a masterpiece.

The first got overshadowed by the early-2000's comic book movie era that Blade and then X-Men kicked off in 1998 and 2000. Spider-Man dominated, each title in the original X-men Fox trilogy successively made more money than the title before it, and Marvel still had so much licensed out that their other titles (FF 2005, Daredevil, Punisher) followed the familiar character arcs in their titles, just lighter or darker in tone depending on the character and film rating. Hellboy skipped the origin story and tons of character buildup and dumped audiences in medius rex, much like Burton's Batman 89.

The Golden Army was released in what was, at the time, the biggest comic book movie summer of all-time: Iron Man came out to open the summer first week of May, Incredible Hulk followed around a month after that in June, then Wanted, and, of course, The Dark Knight was released just one week after Hellboy 2 came out in theaters. From there, the MCU flourished and DC started their DCEU.

I say all that to say this: since the comic book movie landscape (and the global box office situation in general) is much different presently than it was in 2008 and especially in 2004, I'd like to see how Hellboy 3 would perform nowadays with a much, much, much stronger international market and comic book movies being in the limelight.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 05:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet or not, but Ian McShane is cast. I have to admit, I like this casting a lot so far...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-reboot-1025853

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 03:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just seen Ron perlman refuses to have a cameo in the new movie.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 02:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I don't blame him.

Don't think it's a good idea anyway. It would only serve to distract from the film.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 01:43 PM
Flyattractor

Unless they are going for a really Hard R, way Harder then either Deadpool or Little Jimmy, I mean Logan did, I don't see the point to it actually.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 06:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I just seen Ron perlman refuses to have a cameo in the new movie.

Why not? Not that I truly care if he shows up.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 07:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

He just seen it, Surt! That's all he got! Let it go!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 07:41 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Exactly

i'm not Ron's best pal of something like that.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:44 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly

i'm not Ron's best pal of something like that.

You at least better know what sign Ron Pearlmans daughter is. Leo? Libra?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 02:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well...hello

we have a stalker over here.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 02:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well...hello

we have a stalker over here.

Jeez, a man can't ask another man on the internet for the sign of an actors daughter without it being made into a thing.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 04:08 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Milla Jovovich to play the role of the Blood Queen.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 02:22 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Cool

Let's hope she can shake her perception as only a Resident Evil shill. Cause I think she actually is quite talented.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 12:10 PM