KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Ball Fighters

Dragon Ball Fighters
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So most of the season 2 DLC has been revealed...

Jiren looks solid, but have to say I'm kinda disappointed with Videl's addition, who feels out of left field out of all the females they could add now. Even Chi-Chi I would take over her, or let alone one of the fun joke characters like Hercule or someone.

Canon Broly and Gogeta Blue (out of what's been supposedly leaked) is quite redundant after getting the old Broly and Blue Vegito in the season 1 DLC, but it was expected with how they're trending now and the Broly movie hitting it at the box office.

I like to think the last two unknown spots for the season 2 DLC will be Kefla and Toppo, but will have to see.

Overall the DLC of this game (both seasons) has been pretty hit and miss for my liking.

Who did you like and who did you hate from the dlc roster?

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 10:18 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The DLC is hit or miss.

Just like the source material.

Best adaptation ever thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 10:35 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Estacado
Who did you like and who did you hate from the dlc roster?

Like: Bardock, Cooler, Merged Zamasu, Jiren

Indifferent towards on don't particularly care for: ToP/park ranger 17, non-canon Broly (at least he turned out to be reasonably balanced unlike previous games), Vegito Blue

Don't like: Saiyan saga Goku & Vegeta, Videl

The new Broly I can at least give the benefit of a doubt for having a somewhat fresher moveset, but getting Gogeta when we already had Vegito? Such padding, as if all the Goku's and Vegeta's we already had in the roster wasn't enough redundancy.

I mean even if Gogeta has a bit of a different moveset than Vegito, they're practically the same character at this point, both in Blue form.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 11:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Videl, Base Goku and Vegeta are a waste of slot.

New Broly and Gogeta were way too obvious since the fans are loving the movie.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 02:54 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
The DLC is hit or miss.

Just like the source material.

Best adaptation ever thumb up

laughing out loud

We're probably not going to get Hercule Satan, which is a real shame. Because this is a "serious" fighter.

At least I have Dragon Arena in Budokai 3, and Satan's campaign in 1.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 04:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Japanese VA for Hercule passed away a few months ago which might be an excuse against having him, but this game is in serious need of a fun joke character for variety sake. Roshi, Hercule, Arale, or even ****ing Ribbrianne. Roster for this game is too same-y as it is.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 11:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hercule, Gohan, and Pan was one of the best slice of life episodes from Dragon Ball.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 12:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sure I would've liked Chi Chi, Kefla or even something random as Bulma with a belt full of capsules spawning weapons of mass destruction but Videl is who we got for now and it's a decent enough choice. Plus this is her original version before her character butchering in Super so I support her inclusion.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 12:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I guess whoever the last couple characters are will finalize my thoughts on some like Videl being here. If we still get Kefla and someone else who was more expected, then I wont be as critical on her as I am now, but the thought of getting Videl over any other remaining female they couldve added is pretty bad.

I would definitely welcome Chi-Chi if she can do crazy combos like this.

https://twitter.com/kabe_3/status/1...2287730690?s=20

The only move Videl has that I remember liking is Eagle Kick but even then, she was usually a boring fighter in past games.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 06:01 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 4th, 2019 04:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Gogeta lvl 3 looks godly!!!

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2019 12:41 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Since they've been adding villains from the DBZ movies, I hope there's plans for Lord Slug next.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2019 06:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Gogeta looks awesome...

He has every special move from the movie.....

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 06:14 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2019 06:16 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love the art style, but frankly, I'd sooner buy a 1980's-90's beat 'em up then a la X-Men, Aliens vs Predator, Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turrles.

Because no fighting game ever lasts long as a single player experience, while Double Dragon lasts forever.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2019 11:26 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Online lasts as long as your motivation to be the best one there is, though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2019 11:54 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Online lasts as long as your motivation to be the best one there is, though.

Up until all the noobs move on. sad

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 01:39 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hopefully Toppo is one of the remaining, but content with the current reveal at least.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 06:53 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Was considering Jiren, but after looking at video movesets of all the DLC characters, he doesn't look as interesting to play as I would've thought. Janemba I like too, but he's kinda more of the same aside from the portal moves.

That aside, after sleeping on the game for like a couple years and not getting any of the DLC's before now, decided on Bardock, Cooler, Zamasu, and DBS Broly for the time being; the last mentioned one is way more fun and fresh than I first gave credit. Kefla will get soon too. Hopefully season 3 will have other characters I like enough as well. Feel this was a good enough time to get back into it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 01:21 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tbh all the dlc is turning me off from buying the base game.

How much are you missing out unless you buy dlc? Looks like there's enough to make up a whole new game, just like they did with Killer Instinct.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 01:45 PM