KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anthem

Anthem
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some good news about this game. Drew Karpyshyn, head writer of Mass Effect 1 & 2 is writing for Anthem.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 09:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antonio94
Frostwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Some good news about this game. Drew Karpyshyn, head writer of Mass Effect 1 & 2 is writing for Anthem.

Then I will consider this is an excellent news. When Anthem announced at E3 I was kinda worried since I'm quite skeptical when it's gameplay video shown. Graphic aside, the video looks extremely scripted to me and after what happened with Andromeda, I'm in cautious state.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 07:35 AM
Antonio94 is currently offline Click here to Send Antonio94 a Private Message Find more posts by Antonio94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It was scripted but aside from that big monster at the beginning of the game, all the rest of footage seemed pretty normal to me.

1. You can fly down to areas. Seems normal to me.
2. You swim under water and fight dudes. Nothing too outrageous.
3. You attack those things at the end. Seemed like a mission event.

It didn't seem too scripted to me.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 12:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks interesting at least from an aesthetic perspective, but looter-shooters in which you have to autistically grind for RNG unlocks (or just pay real money haaaa) is the definition of cancer so it's likely a no-go for me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 07:55 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Would have to see/hear more, but as of right now, looks very meh, aside from looking pretty/cool designs.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 09:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

ares you've hated Bioware for like seven years now, they're not one of your favorite developers you phucking nerd.

Anyway, meh on this game.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 11:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

They were one of my favorite developers years ago. KotOR and ME2 are two of my favorite games. It's just been a long time since I've liked them. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 12:20 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah seems about right.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

No hype for me.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:27 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So EA stuck again and just killed Visceral. After the disaster that was ME:A, I expect Bioware is on thin ice. If this game doesn't meet EA's absurd expectations, I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware is closed down.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

EA is the serial killer of game studio's.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
EA is the serial killer of game studio's.
RIP Dead Space. You're up in survival horror heaven with Silent Hill now.

Judging by sales, Evil Within will be with you guys shortly. I'm glad Evil Within went out on such a phenomenal entry unlike Silent Hill Downpour or Dead Space 3 though.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 18th, 2017 at 08:27 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 08:20 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess its only time until they take DICE out the back and finish them off too.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Have you read the Kotaku story regarding Visceral?

I think there was major problems within the company. I don't think it's all on EA's feet.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 04:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-...unts-1822380989

Good article about this game (and Bioware in general). Backs up the idea that Bioware is basically putting all their eggs in the Anthem basket. This game needs to succeed or else Bioware may suffer greatly. Nearly the full brunt of Bioware is working on Anthem, including the Austin team who are taking a break from the Star Wars MMO to help out. It's all hands on deck.

With one caveat - There's a small team working on a new Dragon Age game and it has already been rebooted (probably not a good sign) to include "live" aspects, whatever that means.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I think they'd have little trouble if they just look at Destiny 2 and know what NOT to do. no expression

If Anthem is the game that decides whether Bioware stands or falls, then I hope it succeeds. They're the only ones I know that make the kind of RPG games I like. Without them....T-T

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 25th, 2018 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think Anthem will do alright if (and it's a big if these days unfortunately) they don't muck up with the microtransactions. Gamers seem very very ready to absolutely destroy a game if it has what is viewed as predatory or unfair microtransactions. And since EA is helming this game they could very well get greedy and botch everything up like they did with Battlefront 2.

I'm like you, despite the fact that part of me is bitter that this is the game that got the development time from the A team instead of a new Mass Effect, I'd like it to do well and be a good game so that Bioware can continue to make games and hopefully one day make another great Mass Effect game.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:06 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I want Bioware to be taken out back and shot in the head because much like Bungie the majority of the people who made all those great games we fell in love with have long since moved on to greener pastures. The developers left are the ones who kissed enough EA ass to keep their jobs. Time to put the beast out of its misery.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I dunno. I mean I like some of the Bioware games that were made while under the EA banner from ME2 to DAI but Bungie has yet to make one good game since they left Microsoft for Activision IMHO.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 25th, 2018 at 01:55 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:47 AM
BackFire

There are still quite a few of the old guard of Bioware still there. Casey Hudson, drew karpyshyn, Patrick Weekes. Just that they are spread out to other projects now and are head honchos over there. Weekes is now the head writer of Dragon Age, Hudson runs the entire company, and Karpyshyn seems to just go where he's need to help with writing.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:52 AM