KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anthem

Anthem
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Bioware abandoned it's second roadmap for Anthem. Repeat: It's second! Told y'all they didn't know what the f#@& they're doing.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2019 10:21 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Bioware abandoned it's second roadmap for Anthem. Repeat: It's second! Told y'all they didn't know what the f#@& they're doing.

Ass kissing and credit stealing to career advancement eventually leads to competency bankruptcy.

All the idea people have long since been driven out or moved on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2019 10:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So the last guy to run Anthem? Saying it would get better? He left.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/3/2...electronic-arts
quote:
Anthem’s chief developer for live service — aka the whole reason the game was made, basically — has left the studio. It’s another sign that BioWare’s sci-fi, open-world big bet probably won’t be getting that familiar “OK, now it’s a good game” redemption story after a year’s worth of post-release support.

Chad Robertson announced via Twitter on Thursday that he would be leaving BioWare after 14 years with the company. As the live service director, Robertson had been the public face behind the promises that Anthem would be getting better, following a thud of a launch in February and major revisions to its content roadmap soon after.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2019 11:24 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So at first, it was leaked by a couple of people on twitter, but now the bigger sites are picking it up: Anthem is getting relaunched later this year.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...k-major-changes

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10...te-february-10/

Key parts:

quote:
Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features. We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion. Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards – while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting. And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.

Shades of FFXIV there, it seems.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 02:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I only played a bit of the beta but the world looked cool and the combat seemed fun.

Ubisoft did the same with The Division. It did a complete re-think on most of the systems with 1.4. It seemed to work. However, the difference was Division had more active players at the time.

However, if the games rethink turns out a much better product and they release it on Game Pass....it could start something good.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 10:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Will be interesting to see how the rework goes. Another thing that makes this a bit of a different situation is that a new console generation is coming soon, probably before Anthem's rework is complete, so that makes me wonder what kind of strategy they will have to deal with the fact that many players who bought the game will have moved on to a new platform. I wonder if they will try to release this new Anthem as a new game, or if it will be a free update, and how the new console generation will play into that plan.

I hope they are able to get the game in a better state. It seemed like a cool premise - an mmo shooter with a good single player story. I hope one day they can realize that idea.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 11:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Reworks generally work out don't they for similar type games?

I assume the amount of money that was put into this game requires EA to make an effort to fix it. It probably only requires a small group of people to make these changes.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 12:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah they've worked well in the past. But like I said, the situation with the next gen consoles coming out so soon might throw a wrench into that.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 05:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Them reworking it isn't good news IMO. I really just want Anthem to die so this team can get back to Mass Effect.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 11:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I read that the team reworking it isn't the main team, but Bioware Austin, which makes sense since they have experience in the online RPG genre already by running SWTOR.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 12:06 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Edmonton team is doing Dragon Age 4.

I don't think we will see another Mass Effect until a very long time from now.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 12:43 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I hate being right all the time.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:46 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Gotta love how they blame COVID.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 01:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
Failed? It's way too early to say that yet.

I'm glad this game failed tbh. I'm tired of the "games as a service" approach.

Thankfully, they get this team back to Mass Effect LOL. Lets see how they **** that up.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lmao

I kneel.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm glad this game failed tbh. I'm tired of the "games as a service" approach.

Thankfully, they get this team back to Mass Effect LOL. Lets see how they **** that up.

While I agree with everything you said. It's more than it simply being a live service game that made it bad.

They blatantly lied about 100% of the game. Even the demo we saw was basically a proof of concept. Then what we actually got was hot garbage. How is it possible to make a BIOWARE game where the choices are minimal and the ones you do make don't matter? That's like making a Battle Royale with only 10 people, and they're all computer controlled but you. What's the point?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:34 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What, you guys don't like grinding and would rather be immersed in the worlds? You guys are weird but fine, here's more of your disgusting single player but you'll regret when crashed servers can't close your games! Heathens.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 27th, 2021 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:34 AM
KingD19

Originally posted by Nemesis X
What, you guys don't like grinding and would rather be immersed in the worlds? You guys are weird but fine, here's more of your disgusting single player but you'll regret when crashed servers can't close your games! Heathens.

Grinding is so much fun. Way better than being able to fly for more than 2 minutes. Or having a deep, immersive, branching storyline. Or worldbuilding. Screw all that hipster crap. Repetition is the name of the game.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:36 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As long as the game is upfront on what it is..I have no problem with a grind heavy game.

I played the shit out of Division 1 and Division 2. I find them fun and was immersed in the world the devs tried to create. You can have both. A grind heavy game but with singleplayer missions and immersion.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:55 AM
KingD19

Originally posted by Smasandian
As long as the game is upfront on what it is..I have no problem with a grind heavy game.

I played the shit out of Division 1 and Division 2. I find them fun and was immersed in the world the devs tried to create. You can have both. A grind heavy game but with singleplayer missions and immersion.

Obviously my issue isn't grinding. My issue was that Anthem was basically the opposite of what you're talking about. It's 100% grind with nothing else. No story. No choices. No lore. No world building. All you do is fly...for a few seconds then run and jump the rest of the way to the next area where you fight enemy waves and try to get a new tier of your same gun.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 06:49 AM