KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » leo's Secret Wars!!1!

leo's Secret Wars!!1!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
So I gather that a third vote is needed for Phil vs Digi? I wanted to reply through PM but failed miserably at it for some forum settings.

I'll start reading the debate (I intended to read it before, but of course, decided to read webcomics instead messed ) and get a vote in the next 48 hours tops -hopefully sooner rather than later-.
Thank you. No hurry.

Type Philosophia with normal characters in recipient and you can send the pm

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:46 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I just sent my vote to Leo... Clumsily after clicking send in the middle of my write up. Pardon the lack of spellchecking on my part XD

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 10:46 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Send it to me,.i have the votes. He's asleep now (usa)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 10:56 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ok, I read your message too late, but I just sent the vote.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 01:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Digi
Congrats Phil! Now go stick it to Leo in the finals; he could definitely stand to be brought down a peg.

wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 09:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 09:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

As a lengthier response, I thought I was dealt the (slightly) more powerful amalgam combo, but there were also some tricky spots to maneuver with the Aegis shield and counters to Phil's tactics. So I knew it would be close.

I really only knew Jakita and Storm going in...I knew next to nothing about Phil's entire team, and was learning about Aegis as it went along. That made it difficult but also fun; the random drafts made us think on our feet more, so to speak, instead of going with characters we already knew really well. But it did cause a handful of strategic stumbles for me that I never recovered from, and that I knew would be weaknesses even as the fight was happening. After writeups, I even lamented to Leo that I knew I left a huge gap by not learning more about Thunder in time for the fight, and Phil smartly punished me for it. Capitalizing on that and a couple other miscues was more than enough, and that was that.

In all, a fun fight. Cheers!

Last edited by Digi on Aug 14th, 2017 at 01:32 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 01:30 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I knew the battle would be fought over Aegis, and not Storm/Crystal, so I tried to insist on that as much as I could. Digi's initial tactic further helped me in that regard, since it played to my strengths and I didn't have to spent time countering specific abilities, allowing me to frame the discussion as him staying on the defensive behind a shield that has a number of caveats, and it would be only a matter of time before the opening would pop-up.

I started reading about Aegis halfway through my opening post, and I was going "dammit, not this, too" with every showing. My initial plan was to go underground and fight him from there, but I realized it would give him too much time to change tactics in case his initial ones don't work out, with the shield being too formidable to attack him with the environment, so I re-did it, focusing on specific attacks and not broad possibilities, as to forcing him to counter things that I knew he wouldn't be able to.

Good fight, and Digi's debating + combo was certainly a headache to get around.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 11:29 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so phil vs moi in the finals. gonna start next week--prolly tues? will be hitting up a couple judges to do the finals. if any of you are particularly interested, and think you can get it judged within a couple days of it finishing, please hit me up with a pm. otherwise, i'll be forced to hunt you down.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I am digging this tournament. I am offended for the lack of invitation phucking forum snobs.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 08:23 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

(a) it's been postponed indefinitely. timing just wasn't great. we all ended up having times where we were away and stuff then it ran too close to the start of school for me. phil and i will try and finish at some point when we both have some time, but no plans for when. i WILL finish though.

(b) i have a pm from last year where i asked you to participate and you refused. snobs who live in snobby houses shouldn't throw big pieces of snob.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:55 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

My apologies.
Let us never speak of this again.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:59 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol thumb up

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:57 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Well I just double checked my PMs...... last one WAS from Leo, but it was from Dec 2015 complaining about me losing a match to Carver.

Dammit, I had blocked that from memory until right now.

He had a friggin monstrous amalgam of Doctor Doom and Wonder Woman though.

sad

(still think I won that match.... friggin judges just didn't wanna give me another title)

yes

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 06:18 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Scoobless
me losing a match to Carver.

and you wonder why the last pm i sent you was 2015. no expression

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 09:14 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

It was a fix

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:00 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonidas
if you'd say hello once in a while, let people know you're still alive, maybe they'd invite you to their parties.

Hello

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 01:42 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

see, that wasn't so hard. big grin

a couple of us were batting around the idea of a high street bz. if things get off the ground i'll let you know.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:59 PM