KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » leo's Secret Wars!!1!

leo's Secret Wars!!1!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Congrats to toplel!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 10:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

He really socked everybody in the mouth.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 10:12 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Also, @Phil (still can't quote you ), I do hope this sort of thing picks up more. But from my own perspective, I'm on my way out. I don't read comics like I used to, so a lot of my hanging out here is just out of habit, and I actually hope to cut back on KMC some to focus on longer-term RL projects. And this experience is showing me I don't have a weekly life that's as conducive to intense tourney debating as I used to. It's still fun, it's just not something I'll be actively seeking out like I used to.

But I hope once we finish, it inspires more similar stuff. We used to have enough interest to run months-long tourneys with, like, 16 people in them. Not anymore. But smaller stuff is still doable.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 10:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

We'll bait you with a Spiderman draft next tourney.

I hope the forum gets a refresh at some point, as far as interest in debates go. I think maybe half a dozen posters right now would be interested in having a go, too.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 10:28 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

during school months it's next to impossible for me to come close to taking part in one of these. but this is the...third consecutive summer i've run this little secret wars 4-man tourney and it's been great each time. easy to do if you have some reliable people to call on. and i've had people ask me if they can enter and turned them away--as you can see, scoob is still bitter about getting snuffed. thumb up

during school months i could happily judge an event, but i couldn't partake. but yeah, i encourage anyone to give it a go. to me it's all about momentum and keeping things moving forward. kmc hasn't run a successful longer tourney in a long while. too many variables. 4-man events ensure solid debating and are easy to manage time-wise, which is why i started it in the first place.

get 4 guys, make up some rules, and get 'er going. promotes a bit of comraderie in the forum too, which never hurts. thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 10:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, you'll bait me with Spider-Man next tourney.

no expression

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 11:32 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

my thoughts almost exactly....

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 12:22 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hehe, I don't usually argue against the judges (mainly because I usually win lol), but a couple of things:

1. Damborg, the prep was off the field, in the Negative Zone. Only after the 10 secs is up, do we start on the golf course. So Leo can't use that to get out of the danger zone (as he had no idea where it is).

2. Style, you said there was no defense against power nullification. Check Spirals respect thread out, created by Leo. In it, he specifically says that the subject of the spell must remain stationary....which I addressed in my OP.

Otherwise, I don't want to harp too much on it because ultimately, judges are doing a favour lol, and I will abide by the decision!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 08:46 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Can I rip apart Leo's Auroras arguments now?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 11:51 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
-K-M- reading the debate:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 11:55 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by -K-M-

Only if you accept Kang's technology >>> Eshu's technology

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 11:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

@KM lol save it in case i use aurora some day. it could be a bad week though if phil doesn't win. clearly it will be because both guys used AF characters. thumb up

@ds: i think borg meant i used invisibility and decided to instantly port the moment i hit the BF... as for power nullification, i showed the scan where she nullified mags MID BATTLE. not sure if i found that scan later, or what. anyway, my idea was to try and stun you at least, THEN use it, to try and avoid the stationary argument. /shrug

i'm off til fri/sat now and will have ltd internet access from what i hear. i'll do my best to check in with the other match though. good luck gents. thumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 12:05 PM
DarkSaint85

Oh yeah, I'm not asking for a rerule, lol. I accept the judges decision.

@KM: I had very few scans to support what I wanted to say (her speed etc). And Aurora sucks thumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 12:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 01:24 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by leonidas
@KM lol save it in case i use aurora some day. it could be a bad week though if phil doesn't win. clearly it will be because both guys used AF characters. thumb up

@ds: i think borg meant i used invisibility and decided to instantly port the moment i hit the BF... as for power nullification, i showed the scan where she nullified mags MID BATTLE. not sure if i found that scan later, or what. anyway, my idea was to try and stun you at least, THEN use it, to try and avoid the stationary argument. /shrug

i'm off til fri/sat now and will have ltd internet access from what i hear. i'll do my best to check in with the other match though. good luck gents. thumb up

Yes that is it exactly thumb up

Good job again to both of you!

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 04:53 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hehe, I don't usually argue against the judges (mainly because I usually win lol), but a couple of things:

1. Damborg, the prep was off the field, in the Negative Zone. Only after the 10 secs is up, do we start on the golf course. So Leo can't use that to get out of the danger zone (as he had no idea where it is).

2. Style, you said there was no defense against power nullification. Check Spirals respect thread out, created by Leo. In it, he specifically says that the subject of the spell must remain stationary....which I addressed in my OP.

Otherwise, I don't want to harp too much on it because ultimately, judges are doing a favour lol, and I will abide by the decision!

I welcome the critique, although I would like to clarify, in case you felt cheated.

You only claimed some of his spells, unspecifically, wouldn't affect moving targets in your OP. With that statement alone, I can't simply throw out Leo's offense. I approach these as if I know nothing of the character, so statements in Leo's respect thread don't apply, unless you make an argument yourself in the thread. I'd essentially be punishing Leo for an argument you never quite made.

Additionally, that sword cuts both ways. Leo did argue, with more support, that you needed to remain still to fire your calming light. I allowed you the benefit of the doubt, and let you blitz with full hippie aura active. I can't rightfully let you slide and hold him to another standard.

Regardless, it wouldn't change the outcome. I merely saw the power nullification as Leo's strongest move, but he can still down you with other attacks. Or stun you long enough to power cancel.

I know you weren't debating the result necessarily, but I don't want you to feel like I overlooked you there.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 9th, 2017 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 02:10 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Digi
I don't read comics like I used to

Yeah, me neither. I think the last story I was reading was when the Avengers were trying to stop multiple reality earths from colliding.... never did find out how that one ended. I always figured I'd catch up on the backlog someday, but it just keeps getting bigger.

My DC backlog is even longer.

Hell.... I still don't know why Thor stopped using his hammer and the chick got it.

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:25 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, me neither. I think the last story I was reading was when the Avengers were trying to stop multiple reality earths from colliding.... never did find out how that one ended. I always figured I'd catch up on the backlog someday, but it just keeps getting bigger.

My DC backlog is even longer.

Hell.... I still don't know why Thor stopped using his hammer and the chick got it.

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Heh. I just washed my hands of most of it. Every now and then I catch up on the main Spider-Man run. But honestly, I haven't read a Marvel/DC arc otherwise in several years. I follow Ellis and Gaiman, and occasionally pick up a indie run that friends will recommend. But that's it.

For tourneys it barely matters, since there's so much history to pull from for most characters. But it's really not something I'd consider a hobby of mine anymore. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it anymore - there are times I'll miss it - but as long as you replace it with more meaningful things (in your case, a family; in my case...not a family, but other good stuff) the times you miss it, for me at least, are pretty rare.

For what it's worth, I don't know what's going on with Thor either. embarrasment

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 01:20 PM
Bentley
Seitei

So I gather that a third vote is needed for Phil vs Digi? I wanted to reply through PM but failed miserably at it for some forum settings.

I'll start reading the debate (I intended to read it before, but of course, decided to read webcomics instead messed ) and get a vote in the next 48 hours tops -hopefully sooner rather than later-.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 02:40 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'm happy to help if you're short on time, Bentley.

Otherwise, looking forward to reading the judgements smile

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:26 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote