KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Removing our History

Removing our History
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol well we can be honest, it is not actually spot on. The stuff about participation trophies is for people feeling like they are been awarded for doing nothing at all.

People, no matter their creed, who fought and died...you realize how it's not the same as the fat kid getting himself a trophy for the track meet, right?

Like I said before: nuance.

1) It's exaggerated humor, sport

2) Sounds like you're back to defending traitors

3) Do get angrier

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
1) It's exaggerated humor, sport

2) Sounds like you're back to defending traitors

3) Do get angrier

But nobody defended any traitor. It makes everything else you said seem moot, because if you got that part wrong....

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

...doesn't mean other parts are wrong because of it.

But keep crying over a cartoon, it's amusing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by darthgoober
Saddam was an enemy to the people who tore it down, not their ancestors.
I dunno, I'd say the General Lee was a pretty big enemy of the United States, if we're talking historically. From a more moral perspective, General Lee was an enemy of African Americans.

I don't even have a stance on this issue yet, I'm just posing some questions. I'm kind of torn on the tearing down on the statue. Personally I guess I think it belongs in a museum more than anywhere else.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:56 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"Tearing down" isn't very accurate, as it kind of implies some kind of destruction. And the only one that's been destroyed so far is the one that was illegally pulled down by protestors. All these statues that have been removed legally have remained intact and moved to other locations. Though sometimes it is difficult to find locations for them, as sometimes private museums aren't interested in them because of the controversy surrounding them.

Interesting article about it - http://www.newsweek.com/where-do-co...-removed-650698

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 11:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless of my personal opinions on confederate statues, I'd rather have them in museums and private collections than see historical artifacts vandalized and destroyed by the public. Obviously we have enough people at this point who aren't going to be swayed in their decision to destroy them so save them while we can.

It reminds me of how ISIS blew up sumerian architectural sites.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:14 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I have already heard a story about how Leftist want to blow up Mt Rushmore.

CAUSE THEY FASCISTS!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 06:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by BackFire
Though sometimes it is difficult to find locations for them, as sometimes private museums aren't interested in them because of the controversy surrounding them.

That's pretty terrible if you think about it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 06:18 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I have already heard a story about how Leftist want to blow up Mt Rushmore.

CAUSE THEY FASCISTS!!!!!!!
Trump agrees and blows up mt. Rushmore and replace the whole mountain with his face on it.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 07:08 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Mt TrumpMore! Oh that would be GLORIOUS!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 07:19 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Am just throwing this out there, I could be wrong, so if anyone wants to correct me go right ahead.

Didn't Lincoln use his presidential powers to pardon the South after the war? If he did, that means we're going against a Presidential order. Isn't that a crime?

It's like me killing someone for a crime, after a President give them a full pardon.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 11:02 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by socool8520
No. Being forced to tear them down over something they were once linked to is stupid.
And yet nobody claimed when they took Nazi flags and statues down in Germany. So what's the truth. sick

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 11:05 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Beniboybling
And yet nobody claimed when they took Nazi flags and statues down in Germany. So what's the truth. sick

If you like the way swastika's look, it doesn't bother me. Like I said, if we want to be all pissypants about what something used to represent, we would have to get rid of a lot of symbols and images. I think that is stupid. If you don't, okay.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 12:07 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I don't think swastikas and Hitler monuments should exist in modern Germany as national symbols no. Because that's not what the country represents. I see no problem with similar considerations being applied here.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 12:33 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Again, now we have to start taking down all symbols that have any negative connotations. The Union Jack flags must be taken down because at one point, The British were pillaging and exploiting other countries and is probably looked upon negatively to those countries. So does the Spanish Flag. Hell all major European country flags. lol

I read an article where the St. george flag was remved for similar reasons. To me, that's just stupid. Just because a person finds pride in a symbol doesn't mean they necessarily agree with everything the symbol once represented.

When we start letting the most easily offended people make all of our decisions, I think we are headed down a terrible path, but that's just me.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 12:44 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I realize that my previous post makes it look like I have some bias against Europe. I don't. The American Flag would be in the same boat as we have made our presence felt almost everywhere for better and for worse.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 01:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is just getting insane. I was watching people on CNN and somehow Abraham Lincoln and Hitler came up. And how Lincoln had more in common with Hitler than Robert E. Lee did. Just insanity from every side now.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 05:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So the Left are now getting their Historical Facts by watching old Rick & Morty episodes?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 07:57 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well Rick has infinite knowledge doesn't he with the alternate universes and time jumps? It's a legit source

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:02 PM
Flyattractor

Yeah I don't know how much "Value" you should put into the "Knowledge" of the person who would do this to them selves just to get out of family counsling...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:07 PM