KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse vs Ego...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ego wins... 6 54.55%
Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse wins... 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse vs Ego...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
No. Although the Avatar is dead the planet still has his defenses. They won't get to the brain.

Starlord was able to hold Ego because he had the same powers of him (He could control the planet and use it against him). Phoenix and Apocalypse can't control a planet. They get killed.

That was a nuclear bomb, or maybe even more powerful. I don't see Phoenix nor Apo replicating such an explosion.

You say it like if sleeping Ego is the solution. Which isn't.

Ego is above both Apo and Phoenix, they don't have enough power to defeat him.

They are already at the brain; the only thing standing between them and it is the Avatar...

How does the planet kill these two? That same planet failed to kill any of the Guardians and they are far weaker than either of these two...

And you think Jean...who was able to effortlessly lift a portion of the Ocean into the sky...cant match the force of a nuke!??

Ok dude...believe that if you want.

Edit: please point out where I said that putting Ego to sleep is the solution to how the team wins...go ahead...I'll wait.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:35 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
They are already at the brain; the only thing standing between them and it is the Avatar...

How does the planet kill these two? That same planet failed to kill any of the Guardians and they are far weaker than either of these two...

And you think Jean...who was able to effortlessly lift a portion of the Ocean into the sky...cant match the force of a nuke!??

Ok dude...believe that if you want.

Edit: please point out where I said that putting Ego to sleep is the solution to how the team wins...go ahead...I'll wait.

Still how will they destroy the Brain? Simply no way.

And although the Avatar dies the world still has its defences. Those energy tentacles, and tectonic plates moving...They have no chance.

Killing the Avatar won't be an easy task neither. Star Lord shoot him with his lasers and he just regenerated.

They have no way of winning.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:04 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Still how will they destroy the Brain? Simply no way.

And although the Avatar dies the world still has its defences. Those energy tentacles, and tectonic plates moving...They have no chance.

Killing the Avatar won't be an easy task neither. Star Lord shoot him with his lasers and he just regenerated.

They have no way of winning.

They destroy the Brain the same way the bomb did; with pure brute force...

Now I agree that the Avatar wont be easy, but atleast IMHO, they have a reasonably good chance to beat it, but I also feel the Avatar is powerful enough to beat them as well...

Both Apoc and Jean however do hit alot harder than Starlords guns...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:11 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

They destroy the Brain the same way the bomb did; with pure brute force...

Now I agree that the Avatar wont be easy, but atleast IMHO, they have a reasonably good chance to beat it, but I also feel the Avatar is powerful enough to beat them as well...

Both Apoc and Jean however do hit alot harder than Starlords guns...

I don't see how they could survive those energy tentacles. Also The Avatar has matter manipulation. He could make himself a suit and beat the crap out of them.

I don't see how they could replicate the blast of a nuclear bomb. Never seen on screen at least.

Ego wins, he is on another level.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:16 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

@Vault

It is not my opinion that Jean can do anything she can think of; the movie directly states it and it is backed up in the movie by her literally doing everything she thought up...

Characters have been described as "unstoppable" before, and beaten everyone who got in their way in a movie. Doesn't mean they can't be stopped. There is a whole plethora of abilities that Jean never once displayed onscreen. Yet, according to you, she could do any of those things, because of some dialogue. That is a no limits fallacy. How you are unable to grasp that is beyond me.

And you do overrate Ego, unless you really think Mantis has greater than Celestial level powers (afterall she shut him down...lol).

As pertains her other uses of her power, she affected Drax and Starlord...big wow.

And Classic LoM. Can't properly counter, so you try and strawman and misrepresent my points (something you have done before under similar circumstances). At no point did I say she has greater than Celestial powers. You don't have to have overall greater power to affect someone else. To think that is just plain foolish. But her empath abilities are strong enough to affect a being of that magnitude.

As for the team targeting the brain, obviously they'd have to fight the Avatar 1st...

Assumming they defeat the Avatar, it would make sense to attack the throbbing, giant, brain next...wouldnt it?

It was covered up, hence why Groot had to go in and plant the bomb. Without someone like Mantis conveying its importance, the Guardians would potentially never even have figured it out.

As for the fight location, I placed the fight in a place where both sides have an opportunity to win...

laughing laughing laughing

Right, that's why you make certain matches in certain locations that clearly benefits one side over the other, immediately vote for the side you've given the advantage (which is one of the most damning signs of intent), and then often adopt a less-than-flattering attitude to anyone who votes for the other side?

The fight locations in other threads I have made dont matter as pertains to this thread...

Who do you think wins btw Vault?

The team likely wins because you skewed the match in their favour.

Anyway, I have made a decision. I am done with these threads of yours. Because no matter what I (or anyone else for that matter) say, you aren't going to stop. So, have fun with Quan. You two deserve each other.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:56 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Poor LoM.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@Vault

What applies to those those other characters doesnt apply here as Jean is an extreme case and is thus unique...

Here we are talking about the Phoenix Force. If you know anything about it (maybe you should do some research because you clearly dont understand the magnitude what is being discussed here) then you know that its power is practically limitless...

The Phoenix Force being able to do whatever it desires is not hyperbole as a result (its superior to Dormmamu and on par with a fully realized Galactus); the comicbook makes this very clear and I cant wait until the Dark Phoenix movie comes out so you can see how right I am about it...

I pray that they show her in all her glory when she is so powerful that she can casually destroy entire stars on a whim...

In conclusion on this point, there is no "no limits fallacy" when discusssing all the things that the Phoenix Force can do...

And yes, in the case with Mantis, you ARE trying to say that she has greater than Celestial Level powers...

Mantis put Ego to sleep at a time that he didnt want to go to sleep, thus she overpowered him...

So pick your poison: either Ego is weak minded as I believe or Mantis was able to overpower the mind of a Celestial level being...

Choose carefully...

The other cases (as pertains to fight location) are off topic as pertains to this thread...

In this thread the fight location allows both sides the opportunity to win; in a vs fight thats as fair as it gets...

Did you vote btw?

wink

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:11 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Vault

What applies to those those other characters doesnt apply here as Jean is an extreme case and is thus unique...

Here we are talking about the Phoenix Force. If you know anything about it (maybe you should do some research because you clearly dont understand the magnitude what is being discussed here) then you know that its power is practically limitless...

The Phoenix Force being able to do whatever it desires is not hyperbole as a result (its superior to Dormmamu and on par with a fully realized Galactus); the comicbook makes this very clear and I cant wait until the Dark Phoenix movie comes out so you can see how right I am about it...

I pray that they show her in all her glory when she is so powerful that she can casually destroy entire stars on a whim...

In conclusion on this point, there is no "no limits fallacy" when discusssing all the things that the Phoenix Force can do...

And yes, in the case with Mantis, you ARE trying to say that she has greater than Celestial Level powers...

Mantis put Ego to sleep at a time that he didnt want to go to sleep, thus she overpowered him...

So pick your poison: either Ego is weak minded as I believe or Mantis was able to overpower the mind of a Celestial level being...

Choose carefully...

The other cases (as pertains to fight location) are off topic as pertains to this thread...

In this thread the fight location allows both sides the opportunity to win; in a vs fight thats as fair as it gets...

Did you vote btw?

wink

Why is it a bad thing if she overpowered him psychically? We literally have no real context about her power levels. We see her use them on the Guardians and on Ego. We never actually see the powers fail to work.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Apocolypse solos

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:33 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Apocolypse solos

He solo's a sentient cosmic planet?

In the end...his defeat more or less rested on someone who had the same powerset as Ego to keep him distracted long enough to defeat him. Mantis played her part, but they'd all have been killed if Starlord wasn't there.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 1st, 2017 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Surtur
Why is it a bad thing if she overpowered him psychically? We literally have no real context about her power levels. We see her use them on the Guardians and on Ego. We never actually see the powers fail to work.

I never said its a bad thing that she was able to shut him down...

I said it simply means either Ego is either weak minded or Mantis is superpowerful as she overpowered a 'Celestial' level being and put him to sleep against his will...

Now which do you think is more likely; especially given that Mantis has traditionally been a Gamora level character historically?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:54 PM
John Murdoch

Only way I see the team winning is if Phoenix or Apoc nigh-instantly disintegrates or molecularly manipulates Ego's brain.

However, my money is on Ego immobilizing and defeating the mutants due to his matter and energy manipulation powers (constricting/impaling them with his tentacles, crushing them with his planet's rocks, his avatar going Superman II on Apoc, etc.) Ego has home field/planet advantage with his vast array of powers at his disposal, and GotG2 shows that Ego is able to manipulate and even reproduce with many different species throughout the universe, which means the likelihood of Ego affecting mutant physiology is much higher than Fox-verse mutants affecting alien Celestial physiology.

Ego takes them down.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:23 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Apocolypse solos
laughing out loud

Ego smokes them.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 10:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Apocolypse solos

How, they don't even know the brain exists or that they need to destroy it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 10:27 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Only way I see the team winning is if Phoenix or Apoc nigh-instantly disintegrates or molecularly manipulates Ego's brain.

However, my money is on Ego immobilizing and defeating the mutants due to his matter and energy manipulation powers (constricting/impaling them with his tentacles, crushing them with his planet's rocks, his avatar going Superman II on Apoc, etc.) Ego has home field/planet advantage with his vast array of powers at his disposal, and GotG2 shows that Ego is able to manipulate and even reproduce with many different species throughout the universe, which means the likelihood of Ego affecting mutant physiology is much higher than Fox-verse mutants affecting alien Celestial physiology.

Ego takes them down.

I think you overrate Ego...

His 'Celestial level physiology' didnt keep Mantis from shutting him down against his will...did it?

I think the fact that Mantis got to him makes the likelyhood that the Phoenix Force overwhlems him even more likely...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:19 PM
TheLordofMurder

I never said its a bad thing that she was able to shut him down...

I said it simply means either Ego is either weak minded or Mantis is superpowerful as she overpowered a 'Celestial' level being and put him to sleep against his will...

Now which do you think is more likely; especially given that Mantis has traditionally been a Gamora level character historically?

thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Ego would crush these two. Quit lying to yourself, troll.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:26 PM
TheLordofMurder

His 'Celestial level physiology' didnt keep Mantis from shutting him down against his will...did it?

I think the fact that Mantis got to him makes the likelyhood that the Phoenix Force overwhlems him even more likely...

thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:29 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Ego crushes these two cucks.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:30 PM
John Murdoch

The issue I see is that Mantis is an alien and Phoenix has only manipulated humans, mutants, and Earth-based terrain, objects, and materials.

The big if is can Phoenix and/or Apoc can transmute/matter manipulate/terraform Ego, the substances that comprise his planet/himself, or his brain? If so, then they get the vic due to simply crushing his brain or crushing his brain with the matter composing the living planet.

I just think the likelihood of Ego resisting their mutant powers and defeating the duo is higher than the above-mentioned.

This is one of fights where you have two opposing parties with very exotic powersets, so it's fun to imagine where it'd go.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 05:59 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote