KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse vs Ego...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ego wins... 6 54.55%
Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse wins... 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse vs Ego...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

LoM has been thoroughly shamed.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
The issue I see is that Mantis is an alien and Phoenix has only manipulated humans, mutants, and Earth-based terrain, objects, and materials.

The big if is can Phoenix and/or Apoc can transmute/matter manipulate/terraform Ego, the substances that comprise his planet/himself, or his brain? If so, then they get the vic due to simply crushing his brain or crushing his brain with the matter composing the living planet.

I just think the likelihood of Ego resisting their mutant powers and defeating the duo is higher than the above-mentioned.

This is one of fights where you have two opposing parties with very exotic powersets, so it's fun to imagine where it'd go.

They don't even know the brain exists, the OP just said in the vicinity of the brain. he didn't say within visual range. in the movie the brain was covered. the Guardians had to be told where it was.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:23 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Silent Master
They don't even know the brain exists, the OP just said in the vicinity of the brain. he didn't say within visual range. in the movie the brain was covered. the Guardians had to be told where it was.

Shoot. Then it's game, set, match with Ego as the victor. I don't see how the duo wins unless they go for a fast draw against the brain, but if they don't know specifically about it or that Ego is a living planet and destroying the brain is the only way to win...ya x-people lose this one.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:03 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Shoot. Then it's game, set, match with Ego as the victor. I don't see how the duo wins unless they go for a fast draw against the brain, but if they don't know specifically about it or that Ego is a living planet and destroying the brain is the only way to win...ya x-people lose this one.

Agreed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Yeah, they do know the Brain exists; Ego's Avatar is standing between the Brain and the mutants...

Don't try and twist my thread around...

The mutants can visually see the Brain...case closed.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:52 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

LoM is so upset Ego wins based off the evidence.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah, they do know the Brain exists; Ego's Avatar is standing between the Brain and the mutants...

Don't try and twist my thread around...

The mutants can visually see the Brain...case closed.

Him standing between them and the brain doesn't mean they know the brain exists, especially since the brain is covered so they can't actually see it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:10 AM
TheLordofMurder

Him standing between them and the brain doesn't mean they know the brain exists, especially since the brain is covered so they can't actually see it.

My thread...

They can see it; the avatar stands between them and the Brain...

Period.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:13 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

LOM is losing it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:15 AM
Silent Master

My thread...

They can see it; the avatar stands between them and the Brain...

Period.

Per forum rules, it's to let to change stips. meaning the brain is covered and thus they can't see it. nor do they know it exists as that isn't common knowledge.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:17 AM
TheLordofMurder

Per forum rules, it's to let to change stips. meaning the brain is covered and thus they can't see it. nor do they know it exists as that isn't common knowledge.

I haven't changed a thing...

I am clarifying what I wrote...

I can get Imp in here if need be...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:19 AM
Silent Master

Per forum rules, it's too late to "clarify". meaning the brain is covered and thus they can't see it. nor do they know it exists as that isn't common knowledge.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:26 AM
TheLordofMurder

F@@K off...

My thread...

They can see it...

End of story...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:29 AM
Silent Master

The Op says nothing about them being able to see it, thus they can't see it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:30 AM
TheLordofMurder

@Vault

It is not my opinion that Jean can do anything she can think of; the movie directly states it and it is backed up in the movie by her literally doing everything she thought up...

And you do overrate Ego, unless you really think Mantis has greater than Celestial level powers (afterall she shut him down...lol).

As pertains her other uses of her power, she affected Drax and Starlord...big wow.

As for the team targeting the brain, obviously they'd have to fight the Avatar 1st...

Assumming they defeat the Avatar, it would make sense to attack the throbbing, giant, brain next...wouldnt it?

As for the fight location, I placed the fight in a place where both sides have an opportunity to win...

The fight locations in other threads I have made dont matter as pertains to this thread...

Who do you think wins btw Vault?

I clarified them being able to see the Brain on page 2 of this thread btw...

So your BS is nothing more than BS...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:37 AM
Silent Master

Per forum rules, stips have to be cemented in the first few posts. so even if we accept that the above quote was meant as a "clarification" it was made too late.

Thus my previous post stands.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:42 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I clarified them being able to see the Brain on page 2 of this thread btw...

So your BS is nothing more than BS...

Page 2 is not the first few posts. Thread down.

Last edited by Sable on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:42 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Sable
Page 2 is not the first few pages. Thread down.

Page 2 is absolutely "the first few pages"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:44 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Sable
Page 2 is not the first few pages. Thread down.

I believe you mean posts.

But you're right, the rules state it has to be done in the first few posts.

TheLordofMurder

Per forum rules, stips have to be cemented in the first few posts. so even if we accept that the above quote was meant as a "clarification" it was made too late.

Thus my previous post stands.

Your previous post is BS...

They can see it...

End of story...