KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
See above

U 2.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:31 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
It's clear both of you are too stupid to debate with.

@TheVaultDweller

All you have done so far is use personal comments. You have showed no evidence nor viable information to trumpcard my points (Last time i check personal comments aren't viable for debating).

Until now, you've not debated, you've attacked. Therefore it's not longer worthy to keep arguing with you wink

Cheerio!

Okay, so you are just going to drop all pretenses about being honest now? Or about "respecting" everyone else's opinion (hint, if you are going to claim something like that, don't try to bait, ridicule, strawman and insult people you disagree with. It's kind of a giveaway that you are full of it).

I have posted multiple striking feats for Luke, either via clips or references. as well as durability feats. I have mentioned other examples of Iron Fist strikes, and the damage they can do, as well as mentioned how Diamondback killed normal humans with regular punches onscreen. I have pointed out how none of those guys, as well as people like Jessica Jones, could manage to KO Luke via brute force. I also posted how, as things stand, it has taken things like a rocket launcher or being drugged to KO him. I have mentioned a bunch of the other feats as well, relating to him, that put more vague things into a more clear context, and provided extra info about his powers given onscreen etc. such as the comments by the guy who actually gave him his powers, confirming that all his cells are enhanced.

So, yes. I have shown plenty of viable evidence and information. You claiming I have not is a blatant lie that is obvious to any person who actually takes the time to read through this thread. So, this is the last time I am responding to you in any thread. You're going on Ignore. Because I have no interest in someone who doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with continuously being dishonest.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 12th, 2017 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 03:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Okay, so you are just going to drop all pretenses about being honest now? Or about "respecting" everyone else's opinion (hint, if you are going to claim something like that, don't try to bait, ridicule, strawman and insult people you disagree with. It's kind of a giveaway that you are full of it).

I have posted multiple striking feats for Luke, either via clips or references. as well as durability feats. I have mentioned other examples of Iron Fist strikes, and the damage they can do, as well as mentioned how Diamondback killed normal humans with regular punches onscreen. I have pointed out how none of those guys, as well as people like Jessica Jones, could manage to KO Luke via brute force. I also posted how, as things stand, it has taken things like a rocket launcher or being drugged to KO him. I have mentioned a bunch of the other feats as well, relating to him, that put more vague things into a more clear context, and provided extra info about his powers given onscreen etc. such as the comments by the guy who actually gave him his powers, confirming that all his cells are enhanced.

So, yes. I have shown plenty of viable evidence and information. You claiming I have not is a blatant lie that is obvious to any person who actually takes the time to read through this thread. So, this is the last time I am responding to you in any thread. You're going on Ignore. Because I have no interest in someone who doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with continuously being dishonest.

I've trumpcard the points you have given by showing you that A). Cap is stronger than Cage. B). Cap is as durable or more than Cage. and C). Cap beats Cage based on facts not personal opinions.

All you've done so far is to wail and wail and wail. Until you debate seriously, i will just ignore your posts. wink

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 03:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Take turns hitting each other untill one drops

Who wins each (out of 10)

Batman
Batman (BVS))
Black Panther (No suit)
Jason Vorhees
The Winter Soldier
Engineer
Predator
Luke Cage

Gets to Cage but then it gets tricky. Cage has better hard durability but Steve has superior damage soak probably. Strength is hard to say. Steve is outright superior based on feats but Cage is blatantly very very strong. Then again Steve is in a world contending with a lot greater power. In this scene where he grabs and throws Ultron through that highway pillar is a greater feat than anything Cage has done imo:
https://youtu.be/cg1rtWXHSKU

I don't know if he could get past Bucky. Bucky' stats might be slightly below Steve's but that Metal arm more than makes up for that...

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 14th, 2017 at 08:19 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:15 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gets to Cage but then it gets tricky. Cage has better hard durability but Steve has superior damage soak probably. Strength is hard to say. Steve is outright superior based on feats but Cage is blatantly very very strong. Then again Steve is in a world contending with a lot greater power. In this scene where he grabs and throws Ultron through that highway pillar is a greater feat than anything Cage has done imo:
https://youtu.be/cg1rtWXHSKU

I don't know if he could get past Bucky. Bucky' stats might be slightly below Steve's but that Metal arm more than makes up for that...
Cage is significantly stronger than Cap. Highway pillar feat isn't that impressive. Especially considering the truck had initial momentum, Ultron is very hard (like using a sledgehammer with added momentum).

Luke CASUALLY bending metal guns is superior to anything Cap has done.

Cap would hurt his hand on Cage while Cage remains undamaged.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cap threw Ultron the opposite direction of the truck though so if anything the fear is even more impressive.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:25 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Supersoldier Syrup

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Originally posted by h1a8
Cage is significantly stronger than Cap. Highway pillar feat isn't that impressive. Especially considering the truck had initial momentum, Ultron is very hard (like using a sledgehammer with added momentum).

Luke CASUALLY bending metal guns is superior to anything Cap has done.

Cap would hurt his hand on Cage while Cage remains undamaged.

Cap is way stronger than Cage.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:03 PM
h1a8

Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Dp

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:15 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Cap is way stronger than Cage.

He isn't half as strong.
Cage is significantly stronger.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:17 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
Cap threw Ultron the opposite direction of the truck though so if anything the fear is even more impressive.
You are mistaken sir.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:22 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

He isn't half as strong.

Captain America's Supersoldier Serum makes him one of the strongest biological humans in marvel (Biological and Humans since heroes like Thor which isn't human or Iron Man or Bucky which have technology don't count in this criteria). Captain Amarican in both Films and Comics has shown exceptional feats of superstrenght.

Evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ccey7IJLCM

Holding a Helicopter is a feat of SUPERSTRENGHT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8l6J_H38g

A complete video of all Captain Amarica's fight. Clearly showing how strong he is. He is seen in several instances tossing people and even Ultron's Robots like nothing. He also uses his shield to toss people several feet away (He needs superstrenght for that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKucyFap_KE&t=65s

There a video with Actual Movie feats, Scientific research, and a TON of research proving how strong Cap is.

I dont see Cage coming anywhere near that.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:23 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Cages high ends are far above cap, but his averages are below cap

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:33 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

He isn't half as strong.

It's obvious that Cap is billions of times stronger than his feats show.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:50 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Cages high ends are far above cap, but his averages are below cap

Watch the last link. I doubt Cage even gets near to Caps strenght.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:57 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

So Captain America Knocks out Cage before he gets Knocked out?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:28 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I believe he can.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:37 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This seems to be the opinion of a very tiny minority of people. Most people agree that the guy who can consistently smash through solid brick, steel, and concrete with his bare fists, or casually KO people with slaps/taps to the head, as well as eat impacts from garbage trucks, SUVs, Iron Fists, rocket launchers etc. without sustaining serious damage wins the slugfest.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 02:39 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This seems to be the opinion of a very tiny minority of people. Most people agree that the guy who can consistently smash through solid brick, steel, and concrete with his bare fists, or casually KO people with slaps/taps to the head, as well as eat impacts from garbage trucks, SUVs, Iron Fists, rocket launchers etc. without sustaining serious damage wins the slugfest.

Admit it Vault. Cap beats Cage. Its only ypu and a few uninformed people who support you.

Evidence supports Cap.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 03:17 AM
HulkIsHulk

That is your opinion

Now a few things from me

This is a slugfest. Means the combatants take turns punching each other. And the lifting or pressing feats mean practically nothing, which is what you keep reposting. What matters is striking feats and durability feats. And you yourself agreed Cage is more durable overall. And where does Cap have striking feats like Cage punching through concrete and brick walls?

Two, you mentioned Cap taking punches from Bucky's metal arm, along with being shot, stabbed and a long fall. You do realize that Cap was KTFOd after that so bad that he had to be hospitalized? And Bucky used the metal arm to oneshot Cap once, arguably twice in Civil War.

Three, you claimed that Cap had no issues taking hits from Iron Man. Then why was he bloodied up and spitting blood with less than 6 hits when IM got serious? He also was gone for 10 mins after the initial backhand he got from Tony. Also, as Vault said, The Civil War suit has no quantifiable feats than forcing open two metal doors and even then that's no striking feat.
And again you made the folly of using a wiki statement as proof for your argument, while it is actually the total opposite of what happened in the movie, the very same reason wikis are considered as unreliable sources on this forum.
Related to above, you claimed that in Civil War Iron Man got the better of Bucky's metal arm. He didn't

https://gfycat.com/BlaringSilkyGavial

Heck Bucky's normal arm overpowered him
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa...19712-giphy.gif

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 02:17 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote