KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » GT vs. DBS

GT vs. DBS
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Again, the problem is trying to use DBS-era Gotenks as a measuring stick. As I've just shown you, his power in DBS was portrayed vastly different than how it was originally portrayed in Z.

Like I said earlier: per DBS, the BoG arc is set a mere 6 months after the Boo saga, yet SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta(rage-boost) are regarded by Beerus as substantially more powerful than anyone else he'd fought... And he fought Gotenks(SSJ3 Gotenks in the manga), as well as Mystic Gohan.

ie. at the start of DBS, SSJ3 Goku ~ SSJ2 RB Vegeta > Mystic Gohan > Gotenks.

...And there is absolutely NO reason to believe the powers of Goku and Vegeta had improved much(if at all) in the 6 months between the Boo arc and BoG. Moreover, when Beerus stated that base Goku was weaker than Freeza, no one disagreed with him, and we were given absolutely no reason to assume he was wrong. That is simply the level of power Goku was intended to be operating at when DBS/BoG first began.

Fact is, Gohan and Gotenks were clearly no longer intended to be dozens of times more powerful than Goku and Vegeta in DBS. Toriyama has obviously changed his mind about the younger generation supplanting the older generation -- it's the "Goku & Vegeta Show" now, and their kids are little more than comedic relief on a good day.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 28th, 2018 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
ie. at the start of DBS, SSJ3 Goku ~ SSJ2 RB Vegeta

So you believe the anime effectively retconned the movie part, in which Kamesennin stated that Vegeta surpassed Goku?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 09:13 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Fact is, Gohan and Gotenks were clearly no longer intended to be dozens of times more powerful than Goku and Vegeta in DBS. Toriyama has obviously changed his mind.

That, or they never were in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 09:39 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by NewGuy01

thumb up

Suddenly filler scenes make a lot of sense laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 09:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So you believe the anime effectively retconned the movie part, in which Kamesennin stated that Vegeta surpassed Goku?
In the anime, after Beerus fights/owns RB Vegeta he states: "It's been quite a while since I've used 10% of my true strength... I have to say, I had a bit more fun with that Saiyan on the North Kai's planet."

I take that as Beerus essentially saying that Goku and Vegeta were roughly on par with on another, but Goku might've been slightly superior. /shrug

The original Z material certainly paints the picture that Gohan and Gotenks had surpassed Goku and Vegeta by a considerable margin. But yeah, as of the start of DBS/BoG that is definitely no longer the case... Which could indeed indicate that Toriyama also changed his mind about where they ranked during the Boo saga as well, given that these arcs only take place a few months apart.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 28th, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 10:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Main reason I prefer Super:

Vegeta catch's up to Goku on his own.

I don't think Vegeta is even capable of SSJ4 without the Brute Ray.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 11:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
Main reason I prefer Super:

Vegeta catch's up to Goku on his own.

I don't think Vegeta is even capable of SSJ4 without the Brute Ray.

Correct, BUT...

... keep in mind Vegeta lost his damn tail, lol.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 11:44 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correct, BUT...

... keep in mind Vegeta lost his damn tail, lol.

That's it exactly. thumb up

Goku could do it himself, because his chibization restored the tail (Along with a lot of work to bring it out.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 12:03 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
That's it exactly. thumb up

Goku could do it himself, because his chibization restored the tail (Along with a lot of work to bring it out.)

So once again, GT = Goku Time... he was wanked in every episode.

And he still is being wanked in Super... keep in mind Vegeta can't even access the Imperfect Ultra Instinct state.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 12:22 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Main character power that Goku has aside, they still did Vegeta a solid, versus Toppo, etc. The GT writers on the other hand clearly hated Vegeta. Giving him SSJ4 by the end was just an afterthought with how little screentime he had with it even.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 12:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Agreed, he didn't get much time to shine, unless we count Baby Vegeta.

He's still outperformed everybody else that wasn't Goku, though... including Majuub and Gohan.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 01:01 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Main character power that Goku has aside, they still did Vegeta a solid, versus Toppo, etc. The GT writers on the other hand clearly hated Vegeta. Giving him SSJ4 by the end was just an afterthought with how little screentime he had with it even.
They only gave Vegeta SSJ4 just to introduce SSJ4 Gogeta, imo.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 01:05 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They only gave Vegeta SSJ4 just to introduce SSJ4 Gogeta, imo.

That's what it looked like, yes sad

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 01:07 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Least it lead to a really good Budokai 3 story to play around with.

His battle with SSJ4 Goku was awesome. And his 10X Final Shine is like the funniest move in the game.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 01:25 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Funniest" or "most fun"? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 01:30 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Funniest" or "most fun"? stick out tongue

Heh, that autocorrect. embarrasment

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 02:06 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

In the anime, after Beerus fights/owns RB Vegeta he states: "It's been quite a while since I've used 10% of my true strength... I have to say, I had a bit more fun with that Saiyan on the North Kai's planet."

Didn't he say, "I had a bit more fun than* with that Saiyan on the North Kai's planet?"

That would certainly make much more sense in the context of the previous sentence.
quote:
The original Z material certainly paints the picture that Gotenks had surpassed Goku by a considerable margin.

And yet, Goku defeated Majin Buu.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Dec 29th, 2018 at 03:56 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 03:53 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The line I quoted was taken from crunchyroll:
http://i.imgur.com/XJTJESH.jpg

Their translations are typically accurate.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 29th, 2018 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:37 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

They're often pretty poor, actually. I'll check it out when I get home.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:41 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Didn't he say, "I had a bit more fun than* with that Saiyan on the North Kai's planet?"

That would certainly make much more sense in the context of the previous sentence.

Agreed, it would.

They're often pretty poor, actually. I'll check it out when I get home.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 07:19 AM