KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Neutrality might end.

Net Neutrality might end.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
OH People like Robbie's Unbridled HYPOCRISY is so funny.

I'm just glad he's finally on board with merit based immigration, so I'll allow the smugness thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 12:20 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm just glad he's finally on board with merit based immigration, so I'll allow the smugness thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 07:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
(please log in to view the image)

On the plus side, there's virtually no chance of being trapped in the back of a truck that jackknifes.

Yep, the process is convoluted and takes a long time. I hear all the time how the process stinks, but rarely what they think should be done about it..

Open borders?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 12:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by cdtm
On the plus side, there's virtually no chance of being trapped in the back of a truck that jackknifes.

Yep, the process is convoluted and takes a long time. I hear all the time how the process stinks, but rarely what they think should be done about it..

Open borders?

Yes, it is either the intractable policy we have now or completely open borders. There is no in-between. Enjoy attacking your straw man.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:37 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Interesting, merit based immigration: a yay or nay for you?

I've been far more consistently supportive of merit-based immigration than you, Surtur. You just have this strange obsession with refusing to actually respond to anything and instead baiting people into agreeing with you over obvious things so you can triumphantly declare victory over whatever strawman you were gunning for that thread.

What exactly is *your* merit-based proposal then? Would I be surprised if you didn't acknowledge this question and instead said "ah...so you DO support merit-based immigration! Victory!"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:42 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, it is either the intractable policy we have now or completely open borders. There is no in-between. Enjoy attacking your straw man.

So do you favor merit based immigration?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I've been far more consistently supportive of merit-based immigration than you, Surtur. You just have this strange obsession with refusing to actually respond to anything and instead baiting people into agreeing with you over obvious things so you can triumphantly declare victory over whatever strawman you were gunning for that thread.

What exactly is *your* merit-based proposal then? Would I be surprised if you didn't acknowledge this question and instead said "ah...so you DO support merit-based immigration! Victory!"

I never said I had a specific proposal. Nor do I need one.

Would I be surprised if you come and try to claim some sort of victory because I'm not laying out a specific proposal? Nah.

And I don't remember every single view of every smug pseudo intellectual on this forum lol. There are people more qualified than me who should decide the specifics of any merit based system.

And btw it's no "victory" if you agree with me on it lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 28th, 2017 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:45 PM
Adam_PoE

I never said I had a specific proposal. Nor do I need one.

Would I be surprised if you come and try to claim some sort of victory because I'm not laying out a specific proposal? Nah.

And I don't remember every single view of every smug pseudo intellectual on this forum lol. There are people more qualified than me who should decide the specifics of any merit based system.

And btw it's no "victory" if you agree with me on it lol.

Um, yes you do. You cannot ask people whether they support a proposal that you cannot define. How could they possibly know whether they support it if they have no idea what it is actually proposing?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:01 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um, yes you do. You cannot ask people whether they support a proposal that you cannot define. How could they possibly know whether they support it if they have no idea what it is actually proposing?

No, I don't. I'm asking if they agree with merit based immigration. The specifics can be ironed out later, but in general it is simply wondering if someone would be okay with it.

But you know what? To prevent just more back and forth whining, just assume this is the merit plan the Trump administration put forth. If you don't know what it is? Google it.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 28th, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:02 PM
Adam_PoE

No, I don't. I'm asking if they agree with merit based immigration. The specifics can be ironed out later, but in general it is simply wondering if someone would be okay with it.

Yes, you do. Specifics matter. It could be argued that we currently have a merit-based system. So just asking if people blanketly support a merit-based system without any other information tells us absolutely nothing about the kind of system they would support. You would know that if you had the least bit of understanding of the issue.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, see my edit. Anything else?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So you don't even know what it entails yourself, but you're on board because it's Trump's agenda? Oh, Surtur...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Okay, see my edit. Anything else?

Not as it currently stands. You would not even qualify to be a U.S. citizen under the Trump plan.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
So you don't even know what it entails yourself, but you're on board because it's Trump's agenda? Oh, Surtur...

I do know what it entails. Feel free to google it if you want to find it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not as it currently stands. You would not even qualify to be a U.S. citizen under the Trump plan.

Irrelevant, I'm already a citizen.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

If Trump's plan kicked out leeches like him, I'd possibly be on board.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Irrelevant, I'm already a citizen.

Not irrelevant. Why should an immigrant be held to a higher standard for citizenship than you? Why does your mother pushing you out on American soil make you more deserving than someone else?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I do know what it entails. Feel free to google it if you want to find it.

Yes, your dodging and dancing to Inimilist and Adam's post clearly shows you know. Clearly.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If Trump's plan kicked out leeches like him, I'd possibly be on board.

Lol, you want a tissue?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not irrelevant. Why should an immigrant be held to a higher standard for citizenship than you? Why does your mother pushing you out on American soil make you more deserving than someone else?

Because life isn't fair. Any other inquiries?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:19 PM