KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ben Shapiro: The Cool Kids Philosopher

Ben Shapiro: The Cool Kids Philosopher
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

ben shapiro is a divisive shitstain who would improve society by drinking draino. a true lord of edgelords right up there with milo.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
ben shapiro is a divisive shitstain who would improve society by drinking draino. a true lord of edgelords right up there with milo.

Do you think he is basically Hitler?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
And naturally you ignore

-"They argue for the appeasement of populations and leaderships who value murder at the expense of those who value life." -Shapiro

-"population rotten to the core… Palestinian Arabs must be fought on their own terms: as a people dedicated to an evil cause."-Shapiro

I was just explaining to Surtur in the other thread how some people just hate Palestians, they don't want compromise or peace, they want them all eradicated. Period.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I was just explaining to Surtur in the other thread how some people just hate Palestians, they don't want compromise or peace, they want them all eradicated. Period.

So you indeed feel that Ben Shapiro is pro genocide?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
So you indeed feel that Ben Shapiro is pro genocide?

Not sure if he's pro genocide, but from those comments above he clearly despises Palestians, because they're Palestinians.

tl;dr version: Pro Gen? Not sure. A shit lord? Yeah, he seems to be.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure if he's pro genocide, but from those comments above he clearly despises Palestians, because they're Palestinians.

More like he despises the one that hate Jews just for being Jews. That is what it sounds like to me. If he had the power I do not think he would be rounding the arabs up to wipe them out.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:56 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

More like he despises the one that hate Jews just for being Jews. That is what it sounds like to me. If he had the power I do not think he would be rounding the arabs up to wipe them out.

Surt, Shapiro is under the impression that all Arabs in palestine hate Jews:
quote:
The ideology of the Palestinian population is indistinguishable from that of the terrorist leadership.

Per Shapiro, the entire population shares the ideology of the terrorists who want to kill jews. Hence, Shapiro's comments don't just apply to the "arabs" who actually hurt people, but the entire population of Arabs in Palestine. Hence when he wants Jews to kill all who seek to kill them, thaose would include all Arabs in Palestine as, per Shapiro, all arabs in Palestine wants to kill jews.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:26 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't mean he wants every man woman and child who are arabs dead. He's just passionate about people who want to kill Jews just for being Jews.

Yes or no: if Shapiro had the power would he exterminate all arabs in Palestine?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:29 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Beniboybling
People who voted Trump = people who support Trump.

Fair?

Some voters who voted for Trump did not vote for Trump because they supported him. They just didn't like Hillary that severely.

Still, some who voted for Trump but did not like either. He was viewed as the lesser of two evils.

Still, some voted for Trump because they liked various things about him but shortly after he took office, their opinion soured.

And, lastly, we have the supporters who have and still support Trump: this group is the "supporters" group and it is for sure, a small group (from 44% high to 29%, now). It just so happens we have numbers to back this up with the break down on approval ratings.

Here is some rabbit hole reading for you:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...l_index_history

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...te-house-639710

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:30 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

This article certainly has a lot of fanfare so I figure I should do my best to debunk before the deification hits its peak. Before I begin, I want to preface a few things. Ben Shapiro is a fun political commentator, but he is not even in my top five in regards to right wing intellectuals. He is a very smart guy, but there are titans in the movement that dwarf him in knowledge. The article begins by complaining about his rhetoric and behavior regarding ANTIFA. Robinson claims this indicates that Shapiro is a provocateur like Yiannoupolous or D'souza. I think this is utterly absurd. Using callous verbiage occasionally to drill in your point does not accurately represent one's body of work. Shapiro can use strong language sometimes but he usually presents himself with class, that certainly outstrips Yiannopolous, Spencer, or Taylor. Occasional vulgarity does necessitate a lack of class especially considering the amount of money that was spent preventing ANTIFA's rampage his comments seem justifiable. After the attack on rhetoric, the article begins by attacking his statements regarding racism in America. There are four points of contention that Robinson had with Shapiro's comments on racism.

quote:
First, Asian Americans are wealthier than white people, which would be impossible if racism determined economic outcomes. (Shapiro doesn’t mention that the vast majority of Asian American adults are immigrants, and they are disproportionately from the wealthier and more highly-educated segments of their own countries.)

quote:
Second, he says, people of any race who work full time, are married, and have high school diplomas tend not to be poor, meaning that poverty is a function of one’s choice not to do these things. (In fact, this theory, widely cited by conservatives, turns out to be vacuous: of course people who have full-time jobs usually aren’t in poverty, the problem is that black people disproportionately can’t get jobs.)

quote:
Next, Shapiro says that because black married couples have a lower poverty rate than white single mothers, “life decisions” are what creates poverty. (Actually, even when two black people pool their wealth in a marriage, “the median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household.”

quote:
Finally, Shapiro says that the disproportionately black population in America’s prisons say nothing about racism, because black people simply commit more crimes, and “if you don’t commit a crime, you’re not going to be arrested for it” because “the police are not going around arresting black people for the fun of it.” (I have some black men in Louisiana I’d like Shapiro to meet so that he can explain his theory that people do not get arrested for crimes they haven’t committed. But I’d also like to hear him explain why black men receive 20% longer sentences for the same crime as white men with similar backgrounds.)

Point 1: Before I begin it is imperative to note that it is not just Asian immigrants which earn more then whites do.

(please log in to view the image)

And yes, I understand most of the ethnic groups inside of this picture are technically Asian, but most were not mentioned in the study which was cited. Before I begin deconstructing immigrant income, I want to clarify a few things. Regardless of their wealth in proportion to the rest of their countries citizens, it is worth noting that these income groups have lower net worths then white households. This is due to their comparative lack of wealth to the native population when immigrating.

What is also important to note is that Asians used to be considerably poorer than the average white family. https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/...-and-Wealth.pdf

So regardless of the wealth of Asian immigrants it is and was considerably less the average white's net worth. What the medium income among ethnicities indicates is that education is a far more valuable determiner of wealth then ethnicity. To illustrate this point I will show college completion rates among ethnic groups and then look back at the chart which I previously showed.

This is self-explanatory, lower education means lower income. A further illustration of this point would be the income of Nigerians in comparison to blacks and whites. The average median income for blacks in 2015 was about 36,544 dollars. The income for Nigerians, on the other hand, was $62,086. If we compare education rates between the two ethnicities, this discrepancy becomes clear. According to the Migration Policy Institute, "some 73 percent of fathers and 53 percent of mothers in Nigeria immigrant families have completed college. ".(Most of these families complete college in the US). By the same study, only 18% of fathers and 15% of mothers have received a completed college education. Source: https://www.jbhe.com/2012/05/compar...cks-in-the-u-s/

Point 2: I think it is important to note the overstep made in the article. Robinson claims, "of course people who have full-time jobs usually aren’t in poverty, the problem is that black people disproportionately can’t get jobs.)". That was not the conclusion of the cited article. The aforementioned article cites a study by four federal reserve economists. The study uses four variables to account for job discrepancy: education, age, marital status and the state a person lives in. While these certainly are valid and fair variables there are myriad factors which affect employment discrepancy specifically single motherhood and pre-market job skills. The study even realizes this flaw and notes it in there conclusion:

quote:
Of course, one possible reason for the inability of observables to explain more of the racial gaps in labor market outcomes is that the set of control variables available in the CPS is imperfect. Indeed, the existing literature has found that the racial skills gap is inadequately captured by measures of educational attainment only; for example, in a seminal paper, Neal and Johnson (1996) argued that pre-market skills, as proxied by the Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT) in the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth (NLSY79), play an important role in explaining racial wage gaps. Not even the authors are daring enough to assume discrimination is the sole cause of the discrepancy and they only list as a possible reason. The two other reasons are poor schooling and high incarceration rates.

Perhaps the biggest flaw is the fact that it does not account for geography. To quote David Andolfatto, Vice President and Economist, and Andrew Spewak, Research Associate,

quote:
Beyond education, geographic dispersion is an important factor to consider. Even among households with similar income levels, blacks are more likely to live in economically depressed areas than whites,1 which would drive up their unemployment rate compared to whites. Additionally, evidence suggests that Hispanic immigrants may be more likely to remain near their country of origin, whereas Asian immigrants might pick locations based on economic opportunity.

Andolfatto who conducted his own study on the subject gleaned this result,

quote:
We have presented only a couple of the many possible explanations for labor market disparities of this nature. The data imply that we can’t narrow down the causes of these complex discrepancies into one simple answer.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:30 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Point being, the issue is not nearly as clear-cut as Robinson would portend. There are many factors at play here, and racism/discrimination has not been cited as the main one in any of the studies I have looked at. The reason I do not believe the primary factor is discrimination is that the African-American unemployment was comparable to white unemployment before the Civil Right Act. The difference was usually about 1% between the two races. Surely, discrimination would affect unemployment greater than that? Walter Williams has had some fantastic commentary on this subject,

quote:
From 1900 to 1954, blacks were more active than whites in the labor market. Until about 1960, black male labor force participation in every age group was equal to or greater than that of whites. During that period, black teen unemployment was roughly equal to or less than white teen unemployment. As early as 1900, the duration of black unemployment was 15 percent shorter than that of whites; today it’s about 30 percent longer. To do something about today’s employment picture requires abandonment of sacred cows and honesty.

He points to the minimum wage laws as to why fewer blacks are employed per capita today then there were before the Civil Rights Act.

quote:
Such opportunities for early work experiences are all but gone for today’s teens living in Richard Allen homes. A major reason is the minimum wage law, which makes hiring low-skilled workers a losing economic proposition. In 1950, only 50 percent of jobs were covered by the minimum wage law. That meant the minimum wage didn’t have today’s unemployment effect. Today nearly 100 percent are covered. Today’s child labor laws prevent youngsters from working in perfectly safe environments. The minimum wage has destroyed many jobs. That’s why, for example, in contrast with the past, today’s gasoline stations are self-service, and theater ushers are nonexistent.

Then there are super-minimum wage laws, such as the Davis-Bacon Act, which was written for the express purposes of excluding blacks from government-financed or -assisted construction projects. Labor unions have a long history of discrimination against blacks. Frederick Douglass wrote about this in “The Tyranny, Folly, and Wickedness of Labor Unions,” and Booker T. Washington did so in “The Negro and the Labor Unions.” To the detriment of their constituents, black politicians give support to labor laws pushed by unions and white liberal organizations.

The last reason he cites is the low education standard which plagues African-Americans today.

quote:
Then there’s education. Black youths are becoming virtually useless for the increasingly high-tech world of the 21st century. According to a 2001 report by Abigail Thernstrom, “The Racial Gap in Academic Achievement,” many black 12th-graders dealt with scientific problems at the level of whites in the sixth grade; they wrote about as well as whites in the eighth grade. The average black high-school senior had math skills on a par with a typical white student in the middle of seventh grade. The average 17-year-old black student could only read as well as the typical white child who had not yet reached age 13. That means an employer hiring the typical black high-school graduate is in effect hiring an eighth-grader.

The poor education given to African-Americans in conjunction with steep minimum wage laws seems like a far better and more realistic conclusion than "discrimination." To learn more, I would read: Race & Economics: How Much Can Be Blamed on Discrimination?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:31 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Point 3: I would never be so foolish to assume that black discrimination in the 1900s does not contribute to low income and net worth. Despite that this point is extraordinarily weak. As I have already discussed, many factors contribute to unemployment. All Shapiro is saying, is that single-motherhood contributes to low unemployment and income. This is empirically true for both whites and black. The effect is irrelevant to his point. Moving on.

Point 4: Again Robinson cites an article which is not exactly congruent with his conclusion.

Excerpts from Page 3:
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...emographics.pdf

quote:
Multivariate regression analysis often cannot control for all possible factors that might affect the outcome being studied, typically because sufficient data about some factors is not readily available. For example, in its past reports, the Commission noted some potentially relevant factors were not included in its analyses, such as whether the offender’s criminal history included violent criminal conduct, the offender’s family ties, and the offender’s employment history. Data was not readily available for those factors because the Commission did not routinely extract that information from the court documents it receives. Therefore, for those prior analyses, the Commission could not control for them. For this reason, caution should always be used when drawing conclusions based on multivariate regression analysis.

quote:
Multivariate regression analysis can be helpful when considering demographic differences in sentencing outcomes because results from more simplistic data analyses that examine only selected demographic factors and sentencing outcomes can be misleading ... Most importantly, simplistic analyses do not consider the effect of the guideline range provided for under the sentencing guidelines, which takes into account, among other things, the type of offense, the presence of aggravating or mitigating factors, and the criminal history of the offender.

The study cited notes the possible lack of accuracy it possesses. This is another vast oversimplification. Regression analyses are always going to be fraught with lack of constancy and control. I am not going to give an economic lesson, but I would look into Austrian theory on this subject if you are interested. There is an excellent paper written by William Willbanks which discusses the "Myth of a Racist Justice System." He concludes that poverty is more of a factor than race that determines a black man’s chance of being arrested. Personally, I am no fan of the police state. I think the state over arrests all of its citizens. I believe it is overaggressive and tyrannous and encroaches most of our civil liberties. That being said, I doubt race is a determinant factor.

This concludes the first third of the article. I will be working on the other two next.

Robtard
Senor Member

No, he despises them all. It's in his words, he makes no distinction between Islamic Jihadist and the Palestinian father trying to scrap out a living for his family. They're all scum in his eyes

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Point 3: I would never be so foolish to assume that black discrimination in the 1900s does not contribute to low income and net worth. Despite that this point is extraordinarily weak. As I have already discussed, many factors contribute to unemployment. All Shapiro is saying, is that single-motherhood contributes to low unemployment and income. This is empirically true for both whites and black. The effect is irrelevant to his point. Moving on.

Point 4: Again Robinson cites an article which is not exactly congruent with his conclusion.

Excerpts from Page 3:
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...emographics.pdf

The study cited notes the possible lack of accuracy it possesses. This is another vast oversimplification. Regression analyses are always going to be fraught with lack of constancy and control. I am not going to give an economic lesson, but I would look into Austrian theory on this subject if you are interested. There is an excellent paper written by William Willbanks which discusses the "Myth of a Racist Justice System." He concludes that poverty is more of a factor than race that determines a black man’s chance of being arrested. Personally, I am no fan of the police state. I think the state over arrests all of its citizens. I believe it is overaggressive and tyrannous and encroaches most of our civil liberties. That being said, I doubt race is a determinant factor.

This concludes the first third of the article. I will be working on the other two next.

So what would you say to people trying to say he is pro genocide?

Btw, damn fine work debunking all that. It was beautiful thumb up

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:34 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he despises them all. It's in his words, he makes no distinction between Islamic Jihadist and the Palestinian father trying to scrap out a living for his family. They're all scum in his eyes

So you do indeed think he is pro genocide? Yes or no, is Ben Shaprio pro genocide?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:35 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

So you do indeed think he is pro genocide? Yes or no, is Ben Shaprio pro genocide?

Are you being willfully stupid and pathetic? I already answered that; here is the post:

tl;dr version: Pro Gen? Not sure. A shit lord? Yeah, he seems to be.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you being willfully stupid and pathetic? I already answered that; here is the post:

Yes you did, and then since then you have made other posts.

Do you agree with Rocky yes or no? Simple question. You are behaving like you do so I just want to set the record straight.

Rocky thinks he is pro genocide and more or less compared him to Hitler. Are these things you are on board with?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:37 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

So what would you say to people trying to say he is pro genocide?

Btw, damn fine work debunking all that. It was beautiful thumb up

That'll be the next part of my post. Lots of ****ing work. Its a pain to work on.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
That'll be the next part of my post. Lots of ****ing work. Its a pain to work on.

No worries take your time, it's not that important. It'll be interesting to read whenever it's posted though. I get the feeling ownage will commence.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:40 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah DarthSkywalker0 just kinda shits on literally anyone else here kek

I'm just waiting for his opponents to go "TLDR"... even though they were willing to read the lengthier article on Ben Shapiro and circle jerk to it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:42 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote