KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Well... Herogasm was a bit anticlimactic. Nothing was resolved, no one anyone cared about died, just a lot of x-rated sex & violence. Where was the payoff... the money shot as it were? I am not impressed.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 03:02 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Well... Herogasm was a bit anticlimactic. Nothing was resolved, no one anyone cared about died, just a lot of x-rated sex & violence. Where was the payoff... the money shot as it were? I am not impressed.

(please log in to view the image)

Umm... confused

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 11:18 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Umm... confused
Other than A-train, he's pretty much spot on. Not much got resolved. Even, worse, A-train dies after a some drama with some low-tier side character? Dude didn't even factor into the overall story or struggle with The Boys in the end. Lame death.

It was a fun episode to watch, but it honestly feels like the story writers are just kind of making things up as they go. At least the comic felt like things were more connected with a point to it all.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 10:26 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Damn that was a good episode.

And I know we aren't supposed to agree with Butcher and Hughie but I do. It's not merely a matter of revenge, Homelander needs to be put down.
Agree 100%

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 10:40 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

THAT WAS ****ING AWESOME.

Homelander finally got humbled!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 11:17 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Episode 6 was awesome.

I loved Homelander's mirror talk, just like Dafoe in Spiderman. Damn, that guy can act!! That was the highlight of the episode, honestly.

I mean, Starlight let the cat out of the bag and quit. That was a pretty big development.

Why would we expect the show to resolve everything? It's not the end of the show. It's not even the last episode of the season. It's 6 of 8.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 02:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Anthony Starr is fantastic as Homelander, the unhinged persona is perfect. I've only seen him in Banshee and he was just okay in that, so not sure if he's upped his game or this character is just a perfect match for him.

Looking forward to a post humbled and embarrassed Homelander, his fragile ego and insecurities combined with his powers, oh my.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Let us not forget Karl Urban.

He has been carrying the show a lot, too. Just a really fun performance to watch.

He's turning into quite a killer character actor.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 04:51 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the kid who plays Starlight and Dennis Quaids boy, as well as Frenchie and the Female have had plenty of heavy lifting too.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 05:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Also let us not forget all the Herogasm orgy extras... god bless em.. RIP

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 06:40 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Kind of amusing. This probably has something to do with why they included the funny disclaimer at the beginning of the episode...

The Boys caused Amazon to start a Standards and Practices Department

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 09:52 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Why would we expect the show to resolve everything? It's not the end of the show. It's not even the last episode of the season. It's 6 of 8.

My mistake, I didn't know there was more. So with that knowledge it was pretty good then, I guess my biggest complaint is Hughie getting teleport, kind of a lame power unless he uses it like Nightcrawler but how good can it be when your clothes stay behind, wtf?!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 06:42 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

My mistake, I didn't know there was more. So with that knowledge it was pretty good then, I guess my biggest complaint is Hughie getting teleport, kind of a lame power unless he uses it like Nightcrawler but how good can it be when your clothes stay behind, wtf?!
do you need clothes to Rob a bank vault? Also the vlothes thing makes no sense as he can carry people and objects teleporting. But teleportation, strength and limited invulnerability is a hell of a stack.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 06:56 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
he can carry people and objects teleporting.

Pretty good perk the way he ported with Starlight and yoinked her clothes off hehehe

quote:
But teleportation, strength and limited invulnerability is a hell of a stack.

I must have been distracted by the other guys smacking grand slams off each other to notice he had strength and durability, fvck I'm getting old!

Imma have to rewatch the damn thing now!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 08:38 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Pretty good perk the way he ported with Starlight and yoinked her clothes off hehehe

One of the best tricks in the show! Haha.. she must have a no-nudity clause or something in her contract, because that was disappointing. 😒

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 08:51 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Ep.7... um, HOLY FVCK!! HOLY FVCKING FVCK!! Duuuuuuude!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 06:23 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Is it available? I don't see it there. I assumed they skipped a week...

What the hell? Is everyone else seeing it?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 06:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's on Prime for sure.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 07:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Jensen Ackles' Soldier Boy continues to be entertaining.

I guess [SPOILER - highlight to read]: unhinged Homelander extends to egg harvesting... and being an offspring from Soldier Boy in this continuity. Also the irredeemable A-Train saga continues.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 08:34 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Seems my Prime was glitchy on my work internet connection for some reason. Anyway...

Well goddamn. Hell of an episode. Bonkers in a different way. They sure know how to leave the hype for the last episode, don't they?

Is it just me or is The Deep's sexual hangup getting a little silly.. haha. Maybe they're going somewhere with it..

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2022 02:02 AM