KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have Origons sitting on my hard drive.

Tried the flash demo on a pc, and it seemed fun.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Easily, less maps with more memorable areas/quests. I don't like the paint by numbers quests Dragon Age 3 had. The main story was interesting but everything else was weaker.

That was my big problem with the game. It forced you to do these shitty side quests to progress the main plot.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:35 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Another thing I would change, and this goes for all modern Bioware games, I'd go back to actually utilizing the cinematic style camera during ALL conversations again, like they had with Mass Effect 1 and 2, and as they do with Witcher 3 and Horizon. The way they do it now is just not immersive and feels too dry. Just not as engaging.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, why did they make the decision of stepping back in that regard?

Doesn't make sense.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:48 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I also wish they'd incorporate more "Interrupt" moments like in ME2. They had a very small amount in DA2 and Inquisition, but it was more like a branching conversation because you had some extra knowledge or getting a different reaction due to your class than say, "Stabbing someone in the gut because they disrespected you, or blasting someone with your magic during the conversation before the fight for an advantage.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:40 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure I want another Dragon Age. I got the feeling that Dragon Age 3 filled out the universe enough.....

Maybe a new IP? A current day spy RPG would be ****ing awesome.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Did you play Trespasser, the final DA3 dlc? They set up quite a bit to cover in the coming games with that.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, after Trespasser not getting a DA 4 should be considered a war crime.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Did you play Trespasser, the final DA3 dlc? They set up quite a bit to cover in the coming games with that.

No, I didn't......after playing Dragon Age 3, I was done with it.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:27 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Trespasser sets up a LOT of stuff going forward. TBH, it really shouldn't be DLC, but rather the final act of the game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, after Trespasser not getting a DA 4 should be considered a war crime.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, I didn't......after playing Dragon Age 3, I was done with it.
Trespasser was the most enjoyable part of dragon age. Hands down.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Hey guys, I heard a rumor that DA 4 is going to adapt certain aspects of anthem. What do you guys think it will be? Also, has anyone else heard this rumor? Frankly, I'm kinda worried about anthem and if DA 4 becomes multiplayer focused, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 05:47 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If it is multiplayer I will be listed too. This is my favorite video game franchise of all time. I love where the third left off.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 06:43 PM
emporerpants

Originally posted by quanchi112
If it is multiplayer I will be listed too. This is my favorite video game franchise of all time. I love where the third left off.

Agreed. I've been looking forward to seeing where they go from there since the credits rolled. I'm torn. I want Anthem to do well because if it doesn't EA may scrap Bioware and we won't get DA 4. But I also don't want them to take away the idea that multiplayer should be the focus from here on out, which might happen if Anthem is a huge success.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 07:55 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have no idea what that could mean, but it's certainly something that makes me not interested in buying it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 08:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by emporerpants
Agreed. I've been looking forward to seeing where they go from there since the credits rolled. I'm torn. I want Anthem to do well because if it doesn't EA may scrap Bioware and we won't get DA 4. But I also don't want them to take away the idea that multiplayer should be the focus from here on out, which might happen if Anthem is a huge success.
I believe this will come out sometime in 2020. Google speculated this on a few links I briefly skimmed over. If it ends there I will be super pissed without the closure I need from that badass Solas I require.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 09:16 PM
BackFire

Inquisition had a multiplayer mode, as long as it's separate from the main game and not forced into the core experience it won't bother me.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 09:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There might be a mode but I don't think it would be the primary gameplay.

In my opinion, Anthem is Bioware/EA software as a service game while Dragon Age 4 will be single-player focus.

I heard Anthem plays really well so I'm intrigued. While Andromeda was a mess, the combat was pretty good.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:02 PM
NemeBro

There might be a mode but I don't think it would be the primary gameplay.

In my opinion, Anthem is Bioware/EA software as a service game while Dragon Age 4 will be single-player focus.

I heard Anthem plays really well so I'm intrigued. While Andromeda was a mess, the combat was pretty good.
What do you mean "it plays really well"?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:09 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote