KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
The story and lore of Dragon Age is unrivaled to me in gaming. Dragon Age Origins was one of the best experiences in fantasy of my entire life. Nothing I doubt will ever rival the Blight and the wonder that game evoked in me.

I did beat Witcher 2 and do plan on getting around to it.

thumb up DA:O was one of my favorite fantasy experiences of all time as well. You won't be disappointed with Witcher 3 Quan. It's storytelling is amazing. A lot of the side quests are just as fleshed out and interesting as the main quest in lots of other games. It's a lovingly crafted game and it shows. It's amazing. That said, I do like the dragon age lore and series better. I had the hard cover strategy guide and I remember spending hours just diving into the lore in that book. Few games have excited my imagination the way DA:O did.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 04:49 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by quanchi112
The story and lore of Dragon Age is unrivaled to me in gaming. Dragon Age Origins was one of the best experiences in fantasy of my entire life. Nothing I doubt will ever rival the Blight and the wonder that game evoked in me.

I did beat Witcher 2 and do plan on getting around to it.

Did you like Witcher 2?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 08:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BackFire
Did you like Witcher 2?
Yes, it is my number 2 rpg. Could not ever get into any elder scrolls game. Witcher is GoT to Ages Lotr. I preferred Lotr to GoT as well.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Nice. Well if you liked Witcher 2 that much then I can't imagine you loving Witcher 3, it improves on W2 in just about every way. It's such a good game, I should play it again. Also the Gwent minigame in it is great.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BackFire
Nice. Well if you liked Witcher 2 that much then I can't imagine you loving Witcher 3, it improves on W2 in just about every way. It's such a good game, I should play it again. Also the Gwent minigame in it is great.
I bet I will love it just not as much as Dragon Age. Dragon Age is like a true love. Other games are great but you only have a few true loves in your lifetime.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah I understand.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, I'd also recommend Witcher. Origins is arguably my favourite game of all time, but Witcher is a lot of fun, with some nice mythology and, once you get the hang of the combat, a satisfying experience.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Dragon Age Origins story is far better than most. I loved every second of it.

Witcher 3 is equally as good.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 11:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think Dragon Age Origins story is far better than most. I loved every second of it.

Witcher 3 is equally as good.
No way in hell can it match the glorious experience of origins. I will eventually get around to it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 11:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone tell me how Dragon Age Inquisition is cuz I'm getting it soon.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 11:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
Someone tell me how Dragon Age Inquisition is cuz I'm getting it soon.

It's fine. It has a fair amount of MMO elements in it that don't really work that well in a single-player game, but if you're just looking for a good fantasy story (that occasionally gets really good if you have all the dlc) with some decent gameplay, then you'll be fine.

If it means anything, my current hour-count in it is 246. So at the very least, there's lots to do.

I'd recommend finishing the first two if you want to get a full appreciation for the lore, too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 11:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's fine. It has a fair amount of MMO elements in it that don't really work that well in a single-player game, but if you're just looking for a good fantasy story (that occasionally gets really good if you have all the dlc) with some decent gameplay, then you'll be fine.

If it means anything, my current hour-count in it is 246. So at the very least, there's lots to do.

I'd recommend finishing the first two if you want to get a full appreciation for the lore, too.

I see, thanks. How does the gameplay compare to the first two?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 11:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
I see, thanks. How does the gameplay compare to the first two?

They tried to marry the first two in it, so it has elements of both. Enemies will try to flank you, and correctly positioning your characters is important, as is making sure the right people attack the right targets. Having your tank keep brutes busy, for example, so that they don't charge you and forcibly insert their axe in to your mage in an uncomfortable way.

You can get away with less than you did in 2, but it's not as punishing as Origins either.

The boss fights are generally well-designed, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 12:13 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The Dread Wolf is the best plot twist in the entire series. Hands down, superb.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 12:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I get that the game is out a while, but posting a spoiler like that when the guy said he was just about to start playing it is really bad form, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I get that the game is out a while, but posting a spoiler like that when the guy said he was just about to start playing it is really bad form, tbh.
He will not even know who that is. I did not name the character and my post spoils nothing. Only way is if he googles dragon Age 4 the trailer. Even then I gave no details with a vague comment.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Saying that there's a plot twist at all is a spoiler, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:49 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Saying that there's a plot twist at all is a spoiler, imo.
How will he even know who that is until he finds out?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That it's a plot point at all should be his to find out.

Speaking of which, though, Surt, I would highly recommend buying the Trespasser DLC. As scummy as EA/Bioware are about story dlc, you won't get anything close to the full story without it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:40 AM
quanchi112
Disney

That it's a plot point at all should be his to find out.

Speaking of which, though, Surt, I would highly recommend buying the Trespasser DLC. As scummy as EA/Bioware are about story dlc, you won't get anything close to the full story without it.
My point is I spoiled nothing. It is like saying with regards to a movie the ending had a twist. Would you say that was spoiling the ending despite giving none of the details away?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:52 AM