KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers or Infinity War?

Which is the better film?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Avengers 11 45.83%
Infinity War 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Avengers or Infinity War?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
When it's run is over it's possible that IW could catch or pass up TFA...I don't see it getting quite there myself but that would put in in or just under the top 10 highest grossing films of all time ADJUSTED for inflation. Easily beats TDK and BP

I don't think they have adjusted for inflation, world wide numbers. Where did you find them?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 11:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You are the one making up kooky nonsense phrases...

"Eat a Parade" Boy.
Sh, I’m enjoying the MCU dominance.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zack M
That's a matter of opinion. And, yes, I'm just talking domestic numbers. IW was good, but id rate TDK above it. Not by much.
Infinity War is so much better than any Nolan film which isn’t set in the comic book world the MCU is. Dceu is more akin to the dc films based more closely to their comic books. Nolan films have terrible action choreography. Painful to watch.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So how do you people know the box office numbers?

If only I knew of a movie site. Alas, I only hang out at this comic book site called Killermovies. sad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:50 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Google is your friend.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:51 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I don't think they have adjusted for inflation, world wide numbers. Where did you find them?
This has the top 10 all time worldwide, adjusted for inflation. The force awakes is currently #10 all time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...-grossing_films
IW has a slight chance to catch it but even if it doesn't it will be close.

EDIT: You have to scroll down a little for the second "box"

Anyway as I said IW blows The Dark Knight and Black Panther out of the water overall. It's currently the #4 earning movie of all time unadjusted and might make the top 10 adjusted. Sorry Golgo. I know you LOVE to cling to TDK but it's failing you.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on May 27th, 2018 at 02:02 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:58 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

This has the top 10 all time worldwide, adjusted for inflation. The force awakes is currently #10 all time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...-grossing_films
IW has a slight chance to catch it but even if it doesn't it will be close.

EDIT: You have to scroll down a little for the second "box"

I see it now. Pretty crazy that Star Wars is close to 3 billion. I don't see any modern movie taking that.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:02 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I see it now. Pretty crazy that Star Wars is close to 3 billion. I don't see any modern movie taking that.
Nothing will top the top 3 on that list anytime soon I don't think. Star Wars truly was a revolution. Just getting into the top 10 or even near it is a colossal feat in and of itself.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:07 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

What is insane is the MCU has really dethroned Star Wars and is the king. Nothing is bulletproof and nothing lasts forever but I did get my Thanos. I wonder if anyone else will approach what Feige accomplished.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:09 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
What is insane is the MCU has really dethroned Star Wars and is the king. Nothing is bulletproof and nothing lasts forever but I did get my Thanos. I wonder if anyone else will approach what Feige accomplished.
Thanos was great. Maybe one day I'll get a Doctor Doom representation that doesn't suck ass.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:18 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos was great. Maybe one day I'll get a Doctor Doom representation that doesn't suck ass.
If Disney gets the rights I do imagine that day will come.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:26 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Google is your friend.

Google is a shill for advertisers.

Look up "food with omega 3", and all the top results want to sell you supplements. I try not to use that data mining CIA affiliate anymore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I do look forward to the day when DOOM will Surpass Thanos as Marvel's #1 Villain.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I do look forward to the day when DOOM will Surpass Thanos as Marvel's #1 Villain.

That will never happen! Not even in the comics.

Besides isn't like Thanos>Doom.. They are completely different characters with completely different merits and honors.

It's like saying Darkseid > Joker. They aren't even comparable.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:29 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If marvel gets the rights back, they will need a new Big Bad. And That could Be DOOM. Which means, he will top Thanos.

That is how Movies Work. The Threats go UP. Not Down.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Google is a shill for advertisers.

Look up "food with omega 3", and all the top results want to sell you supplements. I try not to use that data mining CIA affiliate anymore.
Go live in a tent in the woods and stay off the grid. Take fly with you, dc fan.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:37 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If marvel gets the rights back, they will need a new Big Bad. And That could Be DOOM. Which means, he will top Thanos.

That is how Movies Work. The Threats go UP. Not Down.

Not really, no.

Also...I doubt Doom plays such a big role soon....I mean, the only way i see Doom portraying powers beyond Thanos would be Secret Wars events.

And I don't see Secret Wars happening anytime soon.

I'd rather see Molecule Man or the Beyonder come to play as the next top guns.

Maybe Annihilus or extradimensional threats like Magus.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:37 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You are free to like whoever you want. I loved Thanos decades before he became mainstream. He will always be my alpha and omega. You’re free to champion anyone you want, loser.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:38 AM
Flyattractor

What ever you say Old Timer.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:41 AM
quanchi112
Disney

What ever you say Old Timer.
I bet I look far better than you do, loser.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:43 AM